LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]

Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]
Posted: October 02, 2019, 7:56 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
No, because he'll most definitely blow his share of saves regardless. I said June/July. When the excuses for spring rust and figuring things out run dry, like it does with pretty much every beloved Brewers reliever. When his ERA has ballooned to 4.76. He should get some time, but I'm guessing that's about how long it will take for most people to admit there's actually something wrong and it's not just bad luck.

I was half kidding about being "obnoxious." But after about 10 people have jumped on me for saying Hader played like trash this week, has a HR/control problem and is on a troubling path very similar to his predecessors, yes, I absolutely will be bringing this thread up if it happens, just like all 10 of those people will be giving me hell if he's an All-Star again.

We'll see. I personally will be pulling for the guy to figure it out, get over the failure of the last week, and get back to being dominant. Because that would be better for the team.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:09 AM Post
Thinking something is going to happen and wanting what's best for the team aren't mutually exclusive. I would like Grandal to come back for the team's sake but it's not going to happen. I would like to see 2018 Josh Hader but I've seen this movie about seven times now. The only guy I can recall that ever looked like garbage and then got productive again was Knebel.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:12 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Thinking something is going to happen and wanting what's best for the team aren't mutually exclusive. I would like Grandal to come back for the team's sake but it's not going to happen. I would like to see 2018 Josh Hader but I've seen this movie about seven times now. The only guy I can recall that ever looked like garbage and then got productive again was Knebel.

I'd counter by saying that this team has arguably never had a reliever as talented as Josh Hader. Like I said, we'll see.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:31 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I'd counter by saying that this team has arguably never had a reliever as talented as Josh Hader. Like I said, we'll see.

And that Hader didn't look like "garbage". That is also a false narrative in this. And a very silly one.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 9:05 AM Post
He hasn't, yet, with the exception of this week, which was all too Jeffress-like, right down to the excuses people are using for his poor performance. But I won't deny he's a better talent than every previous Brewers flameout. He's most comparable to Knebel who was a blue chip guy and figured it out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 9:17 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
I would say Grisham was the Buckner moment.

Good point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 9:23 AM Post
The Grisham-Buckner thing needs to stop. We're talking about the bases loaded with Hader doing a Jose Capellan impersonation, and a ball that was already a hit. And we're comparing it to a weak grounder dribbling through a 1B's legs with the World Series on the line. It's an awful comparison. In the best-case scenario Grisham fields it cleanly and it's 3-3.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 9:26 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
The Grisham-Buckner thing needs to stop. We're talking about the bases loaded with Hader doing a Jose Capellan impersonation, and a ball that was already a hit. And we're comparing it to a weak grounder dribbling through a 1B's legs with the World Series on the line. It's an awful comparison. In the best-case scenario Grisham fields it cleanly and it's 3-3.

Agreed. It was a bad play for sure, but hanging this on Grisham might be the absolute worst take being thrown out there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 10:22 AM Post
rcc said:
PinaMadness said:
I would say Grisham was the Buckner moment.

Good point.

NOT a good point. Grisham's mistake didn't cost us the world series, hell, it didn't even cost us the game last night.

It was just another bad thing that happened on a bad night.

No one will ever equate Grisham's mistake to Buckner, no one at all...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 11:15 AM Post
The term "Buckner moment" in itself to me is baloney. It happened with a tied score in a game that wasn't an elimination game for the Red Sox. And like others posted above, a false equivalency to Grishom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 12:16 PM Post
Man. Some day, Bill Buckner will be able to rest in peace. Geez. It's baseball. Grish got excited and overran the ball. It happens.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 4:30 PM Post
Lost in all of the agony was another 0 for 6 with risp.
That has to improve next year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 5:03 PM Post
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
Man. Some day, Bill Buckner will be able to rest in peace. Geez. It's baseball. Grish got excited and overran the ball. It happens.

Thankfully, Buckner got his forgiveness from the Red Sox before he passed away.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 7:42 PM Post
OK. This one was tough.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply