LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]

Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
long ball said:
I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.

Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
Yep, Woodruff taking his AB is something you WANT to happen. Better yet, hopefully he gets two ABs.

Quote   Reply 

KeithStone53151 said:
long ball said:
I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.

Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.

Ya good point on Woodruff maybe getting 1 PA. If any of the pitchers hit obviously he's the one you're ok with.

I'm also interested to see how they use Pomeranz and Hader. I almost feel like you need to have one of them available to get out of a big jam left by another pitcher.

Quote   Reply 

Thank god no Albers on the roster tonight. CC can't be tempted to use him at any time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:56 AM Post
The Twitter complaining concerning Shaw being on the roster is a little crazy. The guy is still a good defender, and provides insurance for Moose, who is banged up. It's tough to see him getting a key AB tonight, but i suppose it's possible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
Global Moderator
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.

Fixed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
long ball said:
I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I hope that is not a set policy that they employ tonight. If the pitcher's spot comes up in the 2nd inning and Woodruff looked good in the first. Gotta let him bat (he's a decent hitter as well). Maybe even let him go 3 innings if he's pitching well. Same with Suter. I hate to see them get too "cute" with pitchers tonight. Should allow Suter to go more than 2 innings if he's cruising and the it's a close game or the Brewers are up. Obviously, some of that depends on the situation when the pitcher's spot comes up. With runners in scoring position and 1 out or less, then yes, I get pinch hitting for the pitcher.

To me it would be ideal if the Brewers don't use any pitchers tonight beyond Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz, Lyles, and Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:01 AM Post
sveumrules said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.

Fixed.

Also a cesspool of naive negativity. But ... also a source of up-to-the-second info. I guess that's what I get for looking at the comments.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:07 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
The Twitter complaining concerning Shaw being on the roster is a little crazy. The guy is still a good defender, and provides insurance for Moose, who is banged up. It's tough to see him getting a key AB tonight, but i suppose it's possible.

Every so often, Shaw connects and really mashes one. He also still has a good eye at the plate and can take a walk off a pitcher that can't throw strikes. Better than Perez who goes up there, swings at the first 3 pitches no matter what, and goes and sits on the bench.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:14 AM Post
Patrick425 said:
long ball said:
I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I hope that is not a set policy that they employ tonight. If the pitcher's spot comes up in the 2nd inning and Woodruff looked good in the first. Gotta let him bat (he's a decent hitter as well). Maybe even let him go 3 innings if he's pitching well. Same with Suter. I hate to see them get too "cute" with pitchers tonight. Should allow Suter to go more than 2 innings if he's cruising and the it's a close game or the Brewers are up. Obviously, some of that depends on the situation when the pitcher's spot comes up. With runners in scoring position and 1 out or less, then yes, I get pinch hitting for the pitcher.

To me it would be ideal if the Brewers don't use any pitchers tonight beyond Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz, Lyles, and Hader.

I think Peralta should be used against a tough righty if the situation arises. Rendon has done nothing against Peralta.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
Outlander said:
I think Peralta should be used against a tough righty if the situation arises. Rendon has done nothing against Peralta.

I would like to think the Brewers are very aware of which guys struggle against which of their relievers.

Last edited by KeithStone53151 on October 01, 2019, 9:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:22 AM Post
Just hit me .. all those years of me wanting one good lefty out of the pen. Depending on your opinion of Claudio, we are sitting with 4. Crazy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
Just hit me .. all those years of me wanting one good lefty out of the pen. Depending on your opinion of Claudio, we are sitting with 4. Crazy.

Even if you don't count Claudio, we have 3...2 of which are incredibly tough on lefties. I'm pretty happy with 3.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:46 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Outlander said:

I would like to think the Brewers are very aware of which guys struggle against which of their relievers.

I would hope so, just seeing a bunch people listing their scenarios of who to pitch including yourself and Peralta has not been mentioned. Peralta is a weapon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:59 AM Post
I think it will be Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz and then Hader........if we get behind early then all bets are off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:00 AM Post
It's definitely adventageous that Suter/Lyles have plenty of relief experience. Sometimes you don't know what to expect when throwing a starter in the game in relief, but both guys have a ton of experience doing that. It should be seamless. I know our odds aren't ideal but I'm still very hopeful.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:02 AM Post
markedman5 said:
I think it will be Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz and then Hader........if we get behind early then all bets are off.

I'd put Lyles between Suter and Pomeranz but I agree otherwise.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:11 AM Post
It would be great if we could get a huge lead before Woody finishes and save Lyles. It would have to be substantial though, as this is truly a must win game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:11 AM Post
With the way a Brewers' probable pitching staff of Woodruff/Lyles/Suter/Pomeranz/Hader has been throwing the ball, I'd put those guys up against anyone.

Wow, who would have thought back in July and early August that Jordan Lyles, Brent Suter, and Drew Pomeranz would be looked at as key pitching components of a dominant September and playoff run? Baseball is pretty great.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:13 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
sveumrules said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.

Fixed.

Also a cesspool

Fixed again

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply