LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#21

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
Posts: 5637
Location: New Berlin, WI
long ball said:
I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.


Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#22

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1061
Yep, Woodruff taking his AB is something you WANT to happen. Better yet, hopefully he gets two ABs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#23

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
Posts: 835
KeithStone53151 said:
long ball said:
I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.


Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.


Ya good point on Woodruff maybe getting 1 PA. If any of the pitchers hit obviously he's the one you're ok with.

I'm also interested to see how they use Pomeranz and Hader. I almost feel like you need to have one of them available to get out of a big jam left by another pitcher.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#24

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
Posts: 520
Thank god no Albers on the roster tonight. CC can't be tempted to use him at any time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#25

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:56 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10234
The Twitter complaining concerning Shaw being on the roster is a little crazy. The guy is still a good defender, and provides insurance for Moose, who is banged up. It's tough to see him getting a key AB tonight, but i suppose it's possible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#26

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3053
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.


Fixed.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#27

Posted: October 01, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5022
long ball said:
I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.


I hope that is not a set policy that they employ tonight. If the pitcher's spot comes up in the 2nd inning and Woodruff looked good in the first. Gotta let him bat (he's a decent hitter as well). Maybe even let him go 3 innings if he's pitching well. Same with Suter. I hate to see them get too "cute" with pitchers tonight. Should allow Suter to go more than 2 innings if he's cruising and the it's a close game or the Brewers are up. Obviously, some of that depends on the situation when the pitcher's spot comes up. With runners in scoring position and 1 out or less, then yes, I get pinch hitting for the pitcher.

To me it would be ideal if the Brewers don't use any pitchers tonight beyond Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz, Lyles, and Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#28

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:01 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10234
sveumrules said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.


Fixed.


Also a cesspool of naive negativity. But ... also a source of up-to-the-second info. I guess that's what I get for looking at the comments.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#29

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:07 AM Post
Posts: 5637
Location: New Berlin, WI
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
The Twitter complaining concerning Shaw being on the roster is a little crazy. The guy is still a good defender, and provides insurance for Moose, who is banged up. It's tough to see him getting a key AB tonight, but i suppose it's possible.


Every so often, Shaw connects and really mashes one. He also still has a good eye at the plate and can take a walk off a pitcher that can't throw strikes. Better than Perez who goes up there, swings at the first 3 pitches no matter what, and goes and sits on the bench.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#30

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:14 AM Post
Posts: 3109
Patrick425 said:
long ball said:
I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.


I hope that is not a set policy that they employ tonight. If the pitcher's spot comes up in the 2nd inning and Woodruff looked good in the first. Gotta let him bat (he's a decent hitter as well). Maybe even let him go 3 innings if he's pitching well. Same with Suter. I hate to see them get too "cute" with pitchers tonight. Should allow Suter to go more than 2 innings if he's cruising and the it's a close game or the Brewers are up. Obviously, some of that depends on the situation when the pitcher's spot comes up. With runners in scoring position and 1 out or less, then yes, I get pinch hitting for the pitcher.

To me it would be ideal if the Brewers don't use any pitchers tonight beyond Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz, Lyles, and Hader.

I think Peralta should be used against a tough righty if the situation arises. Rendon has done nothing against Peralta.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#31

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
Posts: 5637
Location: New Berlin, WI
Outlander said:
I think Peralta should be used against a tough righty if the situation arises. Rendon has done nothing against Peralta.


I would like to think the Brewers are very aware of which guys struggle against which of their relievers.


Last edited by KeithStone53151 on October 01, 2019, 9:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#32

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:22 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1930
Just hit me .. all those years of me wanting one good lefty out of the pen. Depending on your opinion of Claudio, we are sitting with 4. Crazy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#33

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
Posts: 5637
Location: New Berlin, WI
liveforoctober said:
Just hit me .. all those years of me wanting one good lefty out of the pen. Depending on your opinion of Claudio, we are sitting with 4. Crazy.


Even if you don't count Claudio, we have 3...2 of which are incredibly tough on lefties. I'm pretty happy with 3.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#34

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:46 AM Post
Posts: 3109
KeithStone53151 said:
Outlander said:
I think Peralta should be used against a tough righty if the situation arises. Rendon has done nothing against Peralta.


I would like to think the Brewers are very aware of which guys struggle against which of their relievers.

I would hope so, just seeing a bunch people listing their scenarios of who to pitch including yourself and Peralta has not been mentioned. Peralta is a weapon.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#35

Posted: October 01, 2019, 9:59 AM Post
Posts: 7996
I think it will be Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz and then Hader........if we get behind early then all bets are off.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#36

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:00 AM Post
Posts: 5637
Location: New Berlin, WI
It's definitely adventageous that Suter/Lyles have plenty of relief experience. Sometimes you don't know what to expect when throwing a starter in the game in relief, but both guys have a ton of experience doing that. It should be seamless. I know our odds aren't ideal but I'm still very hopeful.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#37

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:02 AM Post
Posts: 3930
markedman5 said:
I think it will be Woodruff, Suter, Pomeranz and then Hader........if we get behind early then all bets are off.

I'd put Lyles between Suter and Pomeranz but I agree otherwise.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#38

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:11 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11650
It would be great if we could get a huge lead before Woody finishes and save Lyles. It would have to be substantial though, as this is truly a must win game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#39

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:11 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10234
With the way a Brewers' probable pitching staff of Woodruff/Lyles/Suter/Pomeranz/Hader has been throwing the ball, I'd put those guys up against anyone.

Wow, who would have thought back in July and early August that Jordan Lyles, Brent Suter, and Drew Pomeranz would be looked at as key pitching components of a dominant September and playoff run? Baseball is pretty great.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT
#40

Posted: October 01, 2019, 10:13 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6128
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
sveumrules said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Twitter is crazy.


Fixed.


Also a cesspool


Fixed again


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next  [ 1334 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Junkball Jim and 11 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test