LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 MLB Postseason: NLDS & ALDS Series

Offline  Re: 2019 MLB Playoffs: NLDS & ALDS Games
Posted: October 10, 2019, 7:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
trwi7 said:
At least the Pirates twitter account has a sense of humor.

https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/1182429398525448195

That's pretty funny.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2019, 8:54 PM Post
I wonder when the Yankees will start to take heat for their name since it was a derogatory term intentionally created to refer to a certain group of people in a negative way. It still can be used as an insult to Americans and/or specifically northerners today. But I’m guessing since they are one of the most “historic” franchises in all sports, there’s no way people will raise a stink about them. But also a lot of people don’t see how a “non-minority” could possibly be offended by anything. So I’m guessing there won’t be much of an issue for the Yankees franchise, but they should take just as much heat as any franchise since the word “yankee” always has been a derogatory term.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2019, 9:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
RollieTime said:
I wonder when the Yankees will start to take heat for their name since it was a derogatory term intentionally created to refer to a certain group of people in a negative way. It still can be used as an insult to Americans and/or specifically northerners today. But I’m guessing since they are one of the most “historic” franchises in all sports, there’s no way people will raise a stink about them. But also a lot of people don’t see how a “non-minority” could possibly be offended by anything. So I’m guessing there won’t be much of an issue for the Yankees franchise, but they should take just as much heat as any franchise since the word “yankee” always has been a derogatory term.

If we’re at the point in this MLB Playoffs thread where we’re apparently comparing the word Yankee with the name of the Washington NFL franchise and think that’s a valid comparison, it might be time to shut the site down, never mind this thread.

If that wasn’t clear enough, let’s bring the discussion back to baseball and the postseason games. Any further posts on what is or isn’t racist or derogatory equals a one month insta-ban.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 10, 2019, 9:37 PM Post

GIF Master
RollieTime said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2019, 2:45 PM Post
dlk9s said:
RollieTime said:

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 11, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
Cards go from putting up a 1st inning 10 spot one game to no hitter watched the next game.

Anyone who says there are actual playoff trends worth counting on is a fool.

There was some chatter about the playoffs being tough to watch this year...I think they have mostly bee awesome, unpredictable, and extremely entertaining. The reasons why baseball is king no matter how much football and basketball enthusiasts want to slight America's true pasttime

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 12, 2019, 4:23 PM Post
Do you think Cardinal fans are second guessing whether they left Wainwright in one hitter too long with Miller up and ready in the bullpen?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply