LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019 MLB Postseason: NLDS & ALDS Series

Offline  Re: 2019 MLB Playoffs: NLDS & ALDS Games

Posted: October 05, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
I wish I was an Astros fan...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 4:36 AM Post
turborickey said:
I wish I was an Astros fan...

Not me.

I wish the Brewers had the Astros players.

Hard to imagine having an ace starting pitcher almost every day and a lineup loaded with All Stars. They had a lot of significant injuries this year to their best players and still waltzed to 100 wins.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 5:37 PM Post
Great way for the Cards to lose.

LOVE IT!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 5:48 PM Post
I'm watching that Cards game in the 8th and thinking, if Schildt goes to Gallegos he wins. He goes to Martinez, he loses. Sometimes these decisions seem easier than they are, but the two closers in this series seem about as shaky as they come.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 5:50 PM Post
That's a shame. Poor, poor Cards.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 5:55 PM Post
I wouldn't mind being in the Braves situation either. All that talent under 25 and the farm is still loaded.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 6:56 PM Post
It really irks me to hear so many commentators just declaring Bellinger to be the MVP. It’s like they gave him the award at the All Star break and then stopped watching.

You could make a very strong case that Yelich deserves the award and shouldn’t be punished for getting hurt. If nothing else, Yelich should get the Hank Aaron Award, since Bellinger’s superior defense shouldn’t be a factor there. I would seriously think about Rendon or Acuna over Bellinger for MVP.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
The Nats bullpen woes may be their undoing. Using two of their big starters might work for a game or two, but not every day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2019, 8:44 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
The Nats bullpen woes may be their undoing. Using two of their big starters might work for a game or two, but not every day.

Yep, it was inevitable that the Nats would need their bullpen and the result is about as expected.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 12:13 PM Post
I pretty much dislike everybody in the NL. It is more wanting to see the other team lose than rooting for a team to win. It was kind of hilarious to see the Nationals pitching implode but then the cameras cut away to the few Braves fans there doing their tomahawk chop thing that is so cringe. Same with the Dodgers/Cards, it was entertaining to see Martinez blow it with two outs in the ninth in front of their crowd but who roots for the Dodgers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 12:27 PM Post
Outlander said:
I pretty much dislike everybody in the NL. It is more wanting to see the other team lose than rooting for a team to win. It was kind of hilarious to see the Nationals pitching implode but then the cameras cut away to the few Braves fans there doing their tomahawk chop thing that is so cringe. Same with the Dodgers/Cards, it was entertaining to see Martinez blow it with two outs in the ninth in front of their crowd but who roots for the Dodgers.

My BHI (Baseball Hatred Index):
1. Cardinals
Everyone else.
Go Dodgers for at least one more game! Other than that, I'm with you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 12:57 PM Post
To be fair to the Nats, their bullpen implosion in the losses has been Patrick Corbin in game 3 and in game 1 they weren't winning anyways.

They are being creative to only use their 3-4 good/great starters and the very top end of their bullpen unless they are punting the game. The Dodgers are just that good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 1:43 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Wow, those #bestfansinbaseball can't even sell out a playoff game. Not even close actually. Sad.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019 MLB Playoffs: NLDS & ALDS Games

Posted: October 07, 2019, 1:56 PM Post
owbc said:
Wow, those #bestfansinbaseball can't even sell out a playoff game. Not even close actually. Sad.

As a Cardinal hater, this makes me quite the opposite of sad [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 4:30 PM Post
Wish Brian Anderson would just shut up and go away.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 7:15 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I thought Busch Stadium was bad but the Nats have about 5,000 empty seats tonight. Yikes.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 9:02 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
To be fair to the Nats, their bullpen implosion in the losses has been Patrick Corbin in game 3 and in game 1 they weren't winning anyways.

They are being creative to only use their 3-4 good/great starters and the very top end of their bullpen unless they are punting the game. The Dodgers are just that good.

That was my point. Because they don’t trust their bullpen they had to use starters in unfamiliar roles and it wasn’t working. Now their starters might be out of whack, though Scherzer fought through for 7 innings to tie up the series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 9:22 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
After the win today the Nats might have the upper hand in the series with Strasburg slated for game 5.

Lots of really entertaining baseball so far this postseason. Except the Twins...yikes. Has to be all mental at this point. Reminds me of the pre-206 Cubs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 10:16 PM Post
owbc said:
After the win today the Nats might have the upper hand in the series with Strasburg slated for game 5.

Lots of really entertaining baseball so far this postseason. Except the Twins...yikes. Has to be all mental at this point. Reminds me of the pre-206 Cubs.

They were a team that got to play teams that lost 89 or more games in 53% of their games and they went 40 over .500 against them. It's not mental, they just aren't a particularly good team when they have to play other teams that actually have talent.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 07, 2019, 11:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
trwi7 said:
owbc said:

They were a team that got to play teams that lost 89 or more games in 53% of their games and they went 40 over .500 against them. It's not mental, they just aren't a particularly good team when they have to play other teams that actually have talent.

Yup. I'd argue the Twins & Brewers had similar true talent levels entering the season.

Minnesota got to play the easiest schedule in baseball & had a lot of things break in their favor this year so they won 101 games fairly easily.

Meanwhile we had a much more evenly balanced schedule & had a plethora of things break badly so we had to fight to get 89 wins.

Pretty much baseball in a nuthsell.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 147 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply