LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-01: Tigers (Fulmer) at Brewers (Lindblom) [Brewers lose, 12-1]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-01: Tigers (Fulmer) at Brewers (Lindblom) 6:40 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:21 PM Post
brewers888 said:
So Gyorko has an OPS over 900 and he can’t get a shot to start against righties. Just makes no sense at all that Counsell goes straight platoon with Sogard and Peterson starting against every righty.

Gyorko is unavailable tonight (bereavement list I think)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:22 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
So Gyorko has an OPS over 900 and he can’t get a shot to start against righties. Just makes no sense at all that Counsell goes straight platoon with Sogard and Peterson starting against every righty.

Gyorko is on bereavement leave.

Quote   Reply 
wildcat83 said:
brewers888 said:

You know he’s not on the active roster right???

I forgot but he wasn’t getting any starts against them prior to today.

Quote   Reply 
Watch Arcia's back foot...all over the place.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:23 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Signing a player off a big injury never seemed smart and could really tank us as a franchise. This could really suck moving forward.

I don’t know what lasting effects from that injury would completely derail a career. Has there been instances where guys never bounced back from that?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:24 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
brewers888 said:

Gyorko is on bereavement leave.

https://youtu.be/TVb-Yb_NUy8

Quote   Reply 
It's time to dump Peterson and see if Tyrone can do anything... Taylor deserves a shot if Peterson does.

Quote   Reply 
Brew4U said:
Signing a player off a big injury never seemed smart and could really tank us as a franchise. This could really suck moving forward.

You have to do this move though. On the free market he was getting $30m a year like Trout, Betts and Machado. I don’t regret that one at all.

The garbage Stearns surrounded him with on the other hand....

Quote   Reply 
turborickey said:
Watch Arcia's back foot...all over the place.

And yet you could argue that he's our best hitter this season.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
Strange they left Jace Peterson in to face Norris when they could have given Taylor a shot versus a LHP.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:25 PM Post
Please more Peterson.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:27 PM Post
With how much Sogard plays I would be shocked if we didn’t pick up his option.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:27 PM Post
So I'm just curious, for those of you that applauded the Brewers off season moves, and going cheap(and yes, there were some of you), what do you think now?? Anyone that didn't think this team wasn't going to be garbage was the biggest homer there is. I have said it once, I will say it again..you get what you pay for, and when you go shopping at Walmart like Stearns did, you get Walmart quality. What he did to this team after making the playoffs last year was abhorrent and irresponsible. If he doesn't learn from this going forward, then he shouldn't have a job much longer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:29 PM Post
brewers888 said:
Brew4U said:

Nobody’s fault but if this is the Yelich going forward it’s going to be impossible to overcome.

Dynamite observation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
Brew4U said:

I don’t know what lasting effects from that injury would completely derail a career. Has there been instances where guys never bounced back from that?

My assumption is that if Attanasio didn’t get an absolute green light on the injury from medical staff he never would have signed him to the extension.

I would be shocked if his struggles have anything to do with the injury......but no way to prove it obviously.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
So I'm just curious, for those of you that applauded the Brewers off season moves, and going cheap(and yes, there were some of you), what do you think now?? Anyone that didn't think this team wasn't going to be garbage was the biggest homer there is. I have said it once, I will say it again..you get what you pay for, and when you go shopping at Walmart like Stearns did, you get Walmart quality. What he did to this team after making the playoffs last year was abhorrent and irresponsible. If he doesn't learn from this going forward, then he shouldn't have a job much longer.

Not only did he go to Walmart, he went directly to the bargain bin.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:31 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

Ownership decided to cut payroll and Stearns did so. What he did to save on payroll was sign a bunch of scrubs but ownership is more at fault. The biggest issue is having a bad farm system where you don’t have talent within that you feel is better than Sogard and Smoak.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:33 PM Post
Doesn't it seem like everybody on this team has a long sad story of being basically out of baseball and driving a truck only to be DISCOVERED by the brewers. Not a good sign.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:34 PM Post
lol How did the ump not get that right. Perfect angle, and missed the call...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 01, 2020, 7:35 PM Post
Shifted all the way around to the right side, but first 3 pitches off the plate down and outside. Your asking it to get slapped down the 3rd baseline. Especially at 98 he’s not pulling that.

On the bright side, that’s heavy sink at 98.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 198 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply