LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 84 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2020, 6:53 PM Post
If nothing else, hopefully this season will lead to Houser heading back to the pen and us going out to find a quality starting pitcher.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 6:55 PM Post
Brew4U said:
If nothing else, hopefully this season will lead to Houser heading back to the pen and us going out to find a quality starting pitcher.

Stearns has got you covered. He's salivating over Dan Straily to continue the KBO pipeline. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 6:55 PM Post
This is an awful Brewers team

They should be 10-30

How on earth they’ve won 18 games ... absolutely incredible

They are impossible to watch & the most difficult Brewers team I can remember trying to cheer for

I love baseball ... I love the Brewers ... I abhor watching this particular team

And I don’t need anyone’s “advice” or opinion

I’m one of the worst “homers” there is ... but this is unacceptable repeated poor effort & lackadaisical performance ... game after game ... same awful outcome

Signing Yelich may be one of the worst management decisions in our 50-year history ... nine more years could be catastrophic ... here’s hoping there is a revision to this year’s “no watching video” during games to make adjustments

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:01 PM Post
edfunderburk said:

They should be 10-30

They are impossible to watch & the most difficult Brewers team I can remember trying to cheer for

I love baseball ... I love the Brewers ... I abhor watching this particular team

I’m one of the worst “homers” there is ... but this is unacceptable repeated poor effort & lackadaisical performance ... game after game ... same awful outcome

Signing Yelich may be one of the worst management decisions in our 50-year history ... nine more years could be catastrophic ... here’s hoping there is a revision to this year’s “no watching video” during games to make adjustments

I know the Yelich extension was widely hailed as fantastic, but I do think the chances are very high that it is widely criticized in 5 years.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
Having the leadoff runner on base in 4 of their first 5 innings tonight against a pitcher that hasn’t exactly looked very good and having nothing to show for it has been quite a failure.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:07 PM Post
I don't find it hard to root for this team, I will always root for the Brewers, rain or shine.

However, I do find it hard to watch this team and remain interested. This is the least fun team ever. Just a bore-fest night after night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:09 PM Post
So is Eric Lauer still struggling to locate his 83 mph fastballs that it's been a month and he's still in Appleton? Maybe ill timing to ask in the midst of all the off days, but he made 52 starts the past two seasons and I haven't heard a peep about re-joining the team.

Scorecard on the trade so far is -0.3 WAR for 3.0 WAR.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:12 PM Post
the trade will be based on Urias, and how good he becomes. If he is a bust, the trade is a bust... Lauer will probably never amount to jack squat, Davies has been excellent, Grisham has been up and down. It all depends on Urias.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:18 PM Post
I've never seen a Brewers team so full of guys I just don't care about until this year.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
I know the Yelich extension was widely hailed as fantastic, but I do think the chances are very high that it is widely criticized in 5 years.

I think that outcome is highly unlikely barring additional serious injuries. He might not be an annual top-5 MVP candidate for the next five years, but I just don’t see it becoming a move that’s widely criticized within 5 years either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:20 PM Post
This team is dreadful. They’re awful to watch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
the trade will be based on Urias, and how good he becomes. If he is a bust, the trade is a bust... Lauer will probably never amount to jack squat, Davies has been excellent, Grisham has been up and down. It all depends on Urias.

Stearns mentioned last week when he joined the broadcast that they believe Urias is going to develop more power in his game. I think whether or not that happens will have a big impact on how valuable of an offensive player he becomes. There are countless examples of guys that developed more power/slugging after their age-23 season. I’m hopeful we will see something similar for Urias, especially once he’s further removed from the hamate bone injury.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:26 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
It still just amazes me that there are several teams that are hitting worse than the Brewers. I know the average MLB game is quickly turning into an unwatchable 3.5 hour 3TO home run derby, but it still blows my mind that there are objectively worse offensive teams in MLB right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:28 PM Post
Haines absolutely cannot be back next season. Its certainly not all his fault that this lineup is terrible but he has to go.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:29 PM Post
This team sucks.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
Eye Black said:
turborickey said:

Stearns mentioned last week when he joined the broadcast that they believe Urias is going to develop more power in his game. I think whether or not that happens will have a big impact on how valuable of an offensive player he becomes. There are countless examples of guys that developed more power/slugging after their age-23 season. I’m hopeful we will see something similar for Urias, especially once he’s further removed from the hamate bone injury.

Urias might hit for a decent average and may even be a high OBP guy but I don't see any real power developing. If he ends up as our shortstop and fields well enough he can be an asset. As a third baseman I don't see him being all that useful.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
adambr2 said:
edfunderburk said:

They should be 10-30

If a team isn’t going to extend an MVP in his prime when they have an opportunity, why have a team? To shuffle a bunch of players around and never have enough talent to be more than mediocre while waiting for the minor league to produce saviors? They tried that once and when the ballyhooed prospects were finally up.... they still lost more games than they won.

This team is built around Yelich, Cain, Hiura and Braun. Cain opted out, Braun has been hurt, and the league has adjusted to Hiura and so far he hasn’t been able to counter-adjust.

Couple that with young starting pitching breaking in and a season long slump from Yelich and you have a recipe for some real boring baseball.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
A loss tonight puts the Brewers currently in position for a top ten draft. So I guess that’s one way to improve the farm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:35 PM Post
Understatement of the day from Schroeder: “This one’s getting out of hand”.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
Urias might hit for a decent average and may even be a high OBP guy but I don't see any real power developing. If he ends up as our shortstop and fields well enough he can be an asset. As a third baseman I don't see him being all that useful.

I don’t think that’s something we can accurately predict at this point, but the front office appears to be betting on the fact he will. One encouraging sign is coming into tonight he was averaging over 89-mph on his exit velocity which is above average. I would not be surprised at all if he turned into a doubles hitter that also produces 20-25 HRs a year in his peak seasons.

I agree that he’s obviously going to be more valuable in the middle infield than as a third baseman.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 84 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply