LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 84 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) [Brewers lose, 8-3]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:42 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
Understatement of the day from Schroeder: “This one’s getting out of hand”.

With our offense, this was me after they scored the second run in the 5th:

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:43 PM Post
Eye Black said:
brewers888 said:
Urias might hit for a decent average and may even be a high OBP guy but I don't see any real power developing. If he ends up as our shortstop and fields well enough he can be an asset. As a third baseman I don't see him being all that useful.

I don’t think that’s something we can accurately predict at this point, but the front office appears to be betting on the fact he will. One encouraging sign is coming into tonight he was averaging over 89-mph on his exit velocity which is above average. I would not be surprised at all if he turned into a doubles hitter that also produces 20-25 HRs a year in his peak seasons.

I agree that he’s obviously going to be more valuable in the middle infield than as a third baseman.

He's not getting anywhere near any power if he keeps hitting the ball on the ground 63.5% of the time.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:45 PM Post
Eye Black said:
A loss tonight puts the Brewers currently in position for a top ten draft. So I guess that’s one way to improve the farm.

If they use the pick on a guy that can hit and not the usual toolsy athlete with a questionable hit tool. Besides Hiura who has this team drafted with big offensive upside.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:46 PM Post
Eye Black said:
brewers888 said:
Urias might hit for a decent average and may even be a high OBP guy but I don't see any real power developing. If he ends up as our shortstop and fields well enough he can be an asset. As a third baseman I don't see him being all that useful.

I don’t think that’s something we can accurately predict at this point, but the front office appears to be betting on the fact he will. One encouraging sign is coming into tonight he was averaging over 89-mph on his exit velocity which is above average. I would not be surprised at all if he turned into a doubles hitter that also produces 20-25 HRs a year in his peak seasons.

I agree that he’s obviously going to be more valuable in the middle infield than as a third baseman.

If Urias hits 20-25 HRs and carries a high OBP he can play third base for as long as he is on this team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
trwi7 said:
He's not getting anywhere near any power if he keeps hitting the ball on the ground 63.5% of the time.

Yes, his launch angle has been poor this year, but luckily that’s something that can be improved upon. The contact ability and bat speed are elements that are more difficult to develop.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-08: Brewers (Houser) at Tigers (Turnbull) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:48 PM Post
It makes me feel better to think that the Packers start on Sunday.

Til I remember that their only receiver addition opted out and they spent their first two picks on a backup for Aaron Rodgers and a 3rd string running back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:50 PM Post
8-0 and they needed to do review? Just when we had a shot at a 3 hour game. Can we at least get a pitch clock next year?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:50 PM Post
If ever there was a Brewers team that we should be happy only plays 60 games its this one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:53 PM Post
Other than bullpen this team has no other strengths at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
adambr2 said:
It makes me feel better to think that the Packers start on Sunday.

Til I remember that their only receiver addition opted out and they spent their first two picks on a backup for Aaron Rodgers and a 3rd string running back.

I honestly forgot the season started this week. I just can't get excited about sports anymore, and I expect the Packers to take a huge step backwards from their fluke 13-3 team of 2019.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 7:58 PM Post
It is mindboggling had bad this team is. The Detroit Tigers appear to be head and shoulders better than them and they won 50 games last season. This team is in need of a major housecleaning.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:02 PM Post
Here comes the useless 9th inning rally to make the game look closer than it was.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:03 PM Post
It’s not going out on a limb to say the Packers will step back from 13 wins. The NFL has more turnover from year to year than probably any other league.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:03 PM Post
Haines magic

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:04 PM Post
So Arcia is back to putting up his usual numbers. To think he actually hit fifth the other night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:07 PM Post
Brew4U said:
It’s not going out on a limb to say the Packers will step back from 13 wins. The NFL has more turnover from year to year than probably any other league.

Well, I did say a huge step. I say that because last season they were an 8 or 9 win team that found a way to somehow win 13. They won't get that lucky this year.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:09 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
So Arcia is back to putting up his usual numbers. To think he actually hit fifth the other night.

Arcia’s overall numbers don’t look like anything special, but he’s had much better at bats overall this year than he’s had the past two seasons. He’s trending in the right direction at least.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Brew4U said:

Well, I did say a huge step. I say that because last season they were an 8 or 9 win team that found a way to somehow win 13. They won't get that lucky this year.

Oh. Well this could be true. Could be... Still see too many standing out the mountain top trying to be the smartest in the room saying how bad the Packers will be because they didn’t get the WR they wanted in the draft. Not saying that’s what you are doing but Packers fans have become some of the most annoying fan bases.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
Eye Black said:
brewers888 said:

Arcia’s overall numbers don’t look like anything special, but he’s had much better at bats overall this year than he’s had the past two seasons. He’s trending in the right direction at least.

Walking more than ever and striking out way less than ever. The improvements have been there for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 08, 2020, 8:15 PM Post
owbc said:
It still just amazes me that there are several teams that are hitting worse than the Brewers. I know the average MLB game is quickly turning into an unwatchable 3.5 hour 3TO home run derby, but it still blows my mind that there are objectively worse offensive teams in MLB right now.

You’re absolutely right. They want to expand the game but how don you get a new fan to watch 20 strikeouts a game and see balls in play? Slap some oppo hits, bunt to best the shift, and maybe don’t swing for the HR with 2 strikes!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 84 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply