LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:52 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
wildcat83 said:
Hader’s lack of velocity is concerning. If he needs TJ at some point his value is completely gone. By the time he recovered he’d maybe be a half year rental in a trade.

He was a guy who hit 100 when he first came up.

He was at 95. I'm not sure where this idea that Hader has regularly thrown 98, but I don't think that is necessarily true. He's been sitting at 95-96 on his fastball this year, and that is pretty much where he's at. He was hitting 97 a few times last year, but it wasn't until mid-year ... 80-100 games in.

His first year up he was 99/100. My wife knows nothing about baseball but loved Hader cuz he could throw 100 mph. That’s the only reason I know he threw that hard. He wasn’t that last year, and seems to lose a mph or so each year...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:53 PM Post
Or not

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
That started off looking nice ...then the murderers row of Vogelbach/Gamel/Arcia came up.

Quote   Reply 
The ball wasn't in the glove on the tag on Hiura, it was in his bare hand. Might have been worth a challenge.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:54 PM Post
Crushing loss. We are still in it because pretty much everyone is but this offense has to be better. The 19 runs was nice but it doesn't make up for the majority of the season being terrible.

Quote   Reply 
Just a big kick in the nads...

Counsell was so confident on the win, he took Braun out. Would have been nice if Braun could have had Gamel's at bat.

Ok, go get 'em tomorrow boys.

[sad]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
LouisEly said:
The ball wasn't in the glove on the tag on Hiura, it was in his bare hand. Might have been worth a challenge.

Anything even 1% questionable is worth a challenge in the 9th inning. You literally have nothing to lose.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Stupid loss. Could be one that keeps them out. The big names have killed this team this Covid season. Yelich is a bum.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:55 PM Post
Global Moderator
I’ll go on the record that I would much rather Hader was a multi-inning reliever that had nights off in between instead of a closer that is used on back-to-back nights.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:56 PM Post
Eye Black said:
I’ll go on the record that I would much rather Hader was a multi-inning reliever that had nights off in between instead of a closer that is used on back-to-back nights.

agreed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
turborickey said:
Just a big kick in the nads...

Counsell was so confident on the win, he took Braun out. Would have been nice if Braun could have had Gamel's at bat.

Ok, go get 'em tomorrow boys.

[sad]

Not the first time this year that Counsell has gotten too cute with his late substitutions and ended up with egg on his face for it later on.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:
LouisEly said:

Anything even 1% questionable is worth a challenge in the 9th inning. You literally have nothing to lose.

I rewound and checked, he for sure got him with the ball hand too.

Quote   Reply 
We can come up with all the excuses in the world for Yelich but if he doesn't hit like he is capable of we are toast.

Quote   Reply 
https://twitter.com/SophiaMinnaert/stat ... 12704?s=20

Quote   Reply 
Eye Black said:

This. And it’s not close. The minute he’s been put into the 9th and only the 9th was the beginning of the end for his value to this team.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:57 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
wildcat83 said:
Hader’s lack of velocity is concerning. If he needs TJ at some point his value is completely gone. By the time he recovered he’d maybe be a half year rental in a trade.

He was at 95. I'm not sure where this idea that Hader has regularly thrown 98, but I don't think that is necessarily true. He's been sitting at 95-96 on his fastball this year, and that is pretty much where he's at. He was hitting 97 a few times last year, but it wasn't until mid-year ... 80-100 games in.

His first year up he was 99/100. My wife knows nothing about baseball but loved Hader cuz he could throw 100 mph. That’s the only reason I know he threw that hard. He wasn’t that last year, and seems to lose a mph or so each year...

His velocity is down this year, however, he never really threw 100mph at the MLB level. Additionally his rookie year was his lowest velocity in his career before this year. His highest velocity came at the very end of 2018 in his last appearance.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/josh- ... min=&ymax=

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:58 PM Post
wildcat83 said:
wildcat83 said:

Perhaps he overthrew a few his rookie year, but Hader has never regularly thrown that fast. The stats seem to back that up, too. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-p ... tching-mlb

Like was mentioned earlier, the velocity isn't the issue. Really, he's been very good this year. Where he's slipped, it's been on not being able to locate.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Brew4U said:
Stupid loss. Could be one that keeps them out. The big names have killed this team this Covid season. Yelich is a bum.

Yelich is most certainly not a bum but he has played like one this season. I don't know if its the knee or not but if this is what we are getting going forward from him we are in for some rough seasons.

Quote   Reply 
wildcat83 said:
wildcat83 said:

His average fastball velocity this year is literally exactly the same as his rookie year.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:59 PM Post
adambr2 said:
LouisEly said:

No point to challenge. Hiura made no attempt to stay on the bag and left the field. There is no way to reverse the call and put Hiura on 3rd base.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply