LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 7:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
wildcat83 said:
His first year up he was 99/100. My wife knows nothing about baseball but loved Hader cuz he could throw 100 mph. That’s the only reason I know he threw that hard. He wasn’t that last year, and seems to lose a mph or so each year...

Here is Hader’s maximum velocity by month over his career... LINK.

The fastest pitch he’s every thrown was in October of 2018 at 99.98 mph.

Edit: That is MAX velocity, you can also click on average velocities in the column on the left of that page.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:00 PM Post
Yeah, when your closer comes in, your feelings shouldn't be "I sure hope he has it tonight."

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
If you guys don't like Braun's contract, you are going to really hate Yelich's in about 2026.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brett Anderson scratched]
Hader has command issues. If those fastballs were up higher he gets strikeouts instead of hits against him. Its location not velocity that is the issue.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:01 PM Post
brewers888 said:
We can come up with all the excuses in the world for Yelich but if he doesn't hit like he is capable of we are toast.

I think it’s pretty apparent that it isn’t going to happen for him this season. I benched him on my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago.

I’m going to hold out hope that his problem this year is related to his knee and the dysfunctional offseason and that next year he will return to being a great hitter, even if it isn’t quite as good as 18 and 19.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:01 PM Post
adambr2 said:
If you guys don't like Braun's contract, you are going to really hate Yelich's in about 2026.

If this season is what we are getting going forward we will hate it a lot sooner than that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:03 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
adambr2 said:
LouisEly said:
The ball wasn't in the glove on the tag on Hiura, it was in his bare hand. Might have been worth a challenge.

Anything even 1% questionable is worth a challenge in the 9th inning. You literally have nothing to lose.

No point to challenge. Hiura made no attempt to stay on the bag and left the field. There is no way to reverse the call and put Hiura on 3rd base.

He was also pretty clearly tagged on the hip with the bare hand. I guess you could challenge but there was really no chance they were going to overturn it since it was pretty clear he was tagged and even if we wasn't there wasn't any angle that showed he wasn't.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Eye Black said:
I’ll go on the record that I would much rather Hader was a multi-inning reliever that had nights off in between instead of a closer that is used on back-to-back nights.

But he needs to get saves like it’s 2005

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:

I already hate it.

[sad]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Every time you start thinking we can maybe go on a little run it gets halted really quick.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:04 PM Post
https://twitter.com/mlbastian/status/13 ... 04416?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:06 PM Post
I never thought that trading Yelich at some point for a king's ransom rather than extending him was a bad idea. I know some people laughed and laughed at the concept, and still do, but a contract like Yelich's is going to be crippling for a small market franchise given the amount of years if the last two years turn out to be an aberration. Building around a singular star sounds great in theory, but you can see how well it has worked for the Angels.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:07 PM Post
Ahh, dang it. At least they got another one tomorrow. Gotta steal tomorrow's game to take 2 of 3, then on to that Cardinals gauntlet.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:11 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I never thought that trading Yelich at some point for a king's ransom rather than extending him was a bad idea. I know some people laughed and laughed at the concept, and still do, but a contract like Yelich's is going to be crippling for a small market franchise given the amount of years if the last two years turn out to be an aberration. Building around a singular star sounds great in theory, but you can see how well it has worked for the Angels.

I thought it was bad because even if the contract works out the last few years are pretty much just written off. The first Braun contract was fantastic but the second has been pretty terrible. Small market teams cannot afford to be paying players big money into their mid to late 30s.

I'm thinking it has to be the knee and he will bounce back but even if he does the last few years of the contract will probably not be worth it to the Brewers. Lets just hope next season we see closer to MVP level Yelich or we will have major issues.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Ahh, dang it. At least they got another one tomorrow. Gotta steal tomorrow's game to take 2 of 3, then on to that Cardinals gauntlet.

We can put this behind us by winning tomorrow and taking it to the Cardinals but this was a tough loss no doubt.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:15 PM Post
Honestly scoring three runs in the last eighteen innings and winning a game is better than you could expect

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:16 PM Post
If you don’t sign an MVP to an extension when he’s willing to stick around, you don’t want to see winning baseball. You want to see mediocre players win 75 games and light up the chat rooms about the prospects who are coming in 2-3 years. Plain and simple.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:21 PM Post
Houser tomorrow, I'd say the odds are against us winning this series.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-12: Cubs (Hendricks) at Brewers (Suter) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2 -- Hader blows save in 9th]
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:27 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
If you don’t sign an MVP to an extension when he’s willing to stick around, you don’t want to see winning baseball. You want to see mediocre players win 75 games and light up the chat rooms about the prospects who are coming in 2-3 years. Plain and simple.

Who was that MVP player on the Royals when they won it all a few years ago?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 12, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
turborickey said:
Houser tomorrow, I'd say the odds are against us winning this series.

It will probably be 0-0 till the 4th when he gives up a four spot.
5-1 Cubs win

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 168 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply