LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 12-0 -- No Hit by Alec Mills]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#61

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:01 PM Post
Posts: 5555
This team is garbage. 2020 and this season can't end soon enough.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#62

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1682
Pathetic. I dislike this team more than the 2002 losers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#63

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2050
To be fair, no hitting this offense isn’t all that impressive.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#64

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:06 PM Post
Posts: 2267
Eh.... one game. At least there are no Cubs fans there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#65

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 19134
You could probably do a 12 Days of Christmas on this game.

12 Cubs runs
11 drinks a Brewers fan
10 Cubs hits
9 innings from Mills
8 Brewers strikeouts (Optimism!)
7 Brewers walks
6 shots of vodka
5 run 4th
4 run 5th
3 Brewers errors
2 Arcia runs
And a no hitter from Alec Mills

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#66

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:27 PM Post
Posts: 2267
trwi7 said:
You could probably do a 12 Days of Christmas on this game.

12 Cubs runs
11 drinks a Brewers fan
10 Cubs hits
9 innings from Mills
8 Brewers strikeouts (Optimism!)
7 Brewers walks
6 shots of vodka
5 run 4th
4 run 5th
3 Brewers errors
2 Arcia runs
And a no hitter from Alec Mills



How many shots did this song take to write?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#67

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6841
Lovely. I guess I can forget about wearing my Brewers hat here anytime soon.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#68

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:30 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 19134
You're swinging softly through the ball
In a broken stone age dawn
I sigh and cry

I get a Haines magic
Oh what a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Got a Haines maaaagic
Got a Haines maaaagic

You're making base hits in my mind
Making outs between the lines
Oh no, oh no

I get a Haines magic
Oh what a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic

Oh I'm never gonna be the same again
Now I've seen the game it's got to end
Sweet team, sweet team

Haines magic
Oh what a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic

It's magic
It's magic
It's magic

Haines magic
Oh what a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic

Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic

Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Oh it's a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic
Got a Haines magic

You know I got a Haines magic
Yeah I got a Haines magic

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#69

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 19134
rickh150 said:
trwi7 said:
You could probably do a 12 Days of Christmas on this game.

12 Cubs runs
11 drinks a Brewers fan
10 Cubs hits
9 innings from Mills
8 Brewers strikeouts (Optimism!)
7 Brewers walks
6 shots of vodka
5 run 4th
4 run 5th
3 Brewers errors
2 Arcia runs
And a no hitter from Alec Mills



How many shots did this song take to write?


I don't drink, so none.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#70

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1682
trwi7 said:
rickh150 said:
trwi7 said:
You could probably do a 12 Days of Christmas on this game.

12 Cubs runs
11 drinks a Brewers fan
10 Cubs hits
9 innings from Mills
8 Brewers strikeouts (Optimism!)
7 Brewers walks
6 shots of vodka
5 run 4th
4 run 5th
3 Brewers errors
2 Arcia runs
And a no hitter from Alec Mills



How many shots did this song take to write?


I don't drink, so none.


It’s hard enough to be a Brewers fan as it is. I can’t imagine it without drinking!

Just kidding. Sort of. Good for you, though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#71

Posted: September 13, 2020, 3:42 PM Post
Posts: 21606
The Cubs have thrown 2 no-hitters at Miller Park.

The Brewers have thrown 0.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#72

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:00 PM Post
Posts: 750
I'm happy for Mills. He's a AAA quality pitcher so this will definitely be memorable for him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#73

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:02 PM Post
Posts: 21606
I can't help but think that this is the universe's karma for Counsell putting Sogard back in the starting lineup for one day.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#74

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:03 PM Post
Posts: 1089
Short season or not this is a terrible offensive team that was bound to get no hit sooner or later. Would have preferred it not happen against this team or this bad of a pitcher but it must be 5 or 6 times already that we have gone the first five or more innings with no hits.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#75

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:04 PM Post
Posts: 1089
adambr2 said:
I can't help but think that this is the universe's karma for Counsell putting Sogard back in the starting lineup for one day.


As much as the manager should take a hit the GM failed miserably last offseason.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#76

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:06 PM Post
Posts: 1089
Have to give the team credit for getting no hit on a day where the majority of Wisconsin isn't paying attention.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#77

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:09 PM Post
Posts: 5555
umphrey said:
I'm happy for Mills. He's a AAA quality pitcher so this will definitely be memorable for him.

But he threw this no hitter against a AAA quality offense.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#78

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
Posts: 120
Just sad , all year long we have made mediocre pitchers look like cy young candidates.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#79

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
Posts: 2402
brewers888 said:
adambr2 said:
I can't help but think that this is the universe's karma for Counsell putting Sogard back in the starting lineup for one day.


As much as the manager should take a hit the GM failed miserably last offseason.


other than maybe the equipment manager there is no one in the organization that should not catch some heat for this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-13: Cubs (Mills) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
#80

Posted: September 13, 2020, 4:21 PM Post
Posts: 5555
Fun fact. The Brewers are averaging one run per game since scoring 19 against Detroit.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test