LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 201 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:03 PM Post
Shikdt said he heard something in the dugout.......”we don’t start things but we aren’t going to take it”

Wouldn’t say who said it or what was said

He was upset that Molina got hit with Braun’s bat after the earlier conversation between Molina and Braun......then said he didn’t blame Braun.....but “it didn’t look good”......

So that’s the story from Shildt

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:16 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Shikdt said he heard something in the dugout.......”we don’t start things but we aren’t going to take it”

He was upset that Molina got hit with Braun’s bat after the earlier conversation between Molina and Braun......then said he didn’t blame Braun.....but “it didn’t look good”......

So he's saying Braun swung the bat and hit Molina's glove on purpose? On a pitch he fouled off?

OOOOKKKK. What a tool. When you look at the replay, Molina's glove was 100% in the swing radius. Braun didn't change up his swing. I suppose it's possible that be was standing further back in the box than he typically does.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:21 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
markedman5 said:

So he's saying Braun swung the bat and hit Molina's glove on purpose? On a pitch he fouled off?

OOOOKKKK. What a tool. When you look at the replay, Molina's glove was 100% in the swing radius. Braun didn't change up his swing. I suppose it's possible that be was standing further back in the box than he typically does.

He made a point say he didn’t blame Braun....he was just pissed it happened .....said it was on.y the 2nd tiime it’s ever happened to Molina.......most likely a combination of them getting their asses kicjed abd the frustration that goes with that......

Kind of a strange rant he went on.....

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:27 PM Post
He also said “Uncanny how well they read (Flaherty),” says Shildt. “To their credit, evidently." From Jeff Jones, Cardinal beat writers Twitter.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:48 PM Post
remfire said:
He also said “Uncanny how well they read (Flaherty),” says Shildt. “To their credit, evidently." From Jeff Jones, Cardinal beat writers Twitter.

That sounds like they're alluding to something improper.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:49 PM Post
Forgive me if all of this made it on tv, but the altercation in the 5th inning after Molina was hit started because Molina sprinted at the brewers dugout. What I've read online indicates schikdt was kinda the main guy, but Molina started it all. Also after this altercation and in between different innings, Molina was absolutely berating the home plate umpire and afterward casually walked behind the plate and continued to catch. The fact that he didn't get ejected is downright embarrassing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 15, 2020, 9:56 PM Post
Tomorrow's going to be a fun day. 14 innings of Woodruff, Suter, Williams, Hader--Rasmussen and Peralta if need be. As maligned as the offense has been this year, hopefully it barely need to show up to get a couple of wins tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]
Posted: September 16, 2020, 3:20 AM Post
So I see the St. Louis Karens struck again.

I'm on vacation this week but after finding out about this I just had to comment. After doing some research on the game I found this quote from Karen Schildt.

Said Shildt: “Our [track] record speaks for itself. We’re not a team with a lot of incidents. Last year, we had the least amount of player ejections and manager ejections in our league. I’m not holier than thou. None of us are."

I had to bite my tongue from laughing so hard as to not wake up everyone in the house. I will try my darndest to get on here for Wednesday at least for a while to see what happens with Karen Molina, Karen Schildt and the rest of the Karens.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-15: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers win, 18-3 -- Offense comes alive; Yelich and Vogelbach lead the way with 3 hits apiece including HRs]
Posted: September 16, 2020, 6:08 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
So I see the St. Louis Karens struck again.

I'm on vacation this week but after finding out about this I just had to comment. After doing some research on the game I found this quote from Karen Schildt.

Said Shildt: “Our [track] record speaks for itself. We’re not a team with a lot of incidents. Last year, we had the least amount of player ejections and manager ejections in our league.

How insecure is Shildt to just know this off the top of his head?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 6:19 AM Post
Now I really want to know what Counsell said that warranted the ejection. Did he call Molina a wuss or something? I mean, Molina is a lot of not very good things, but wuss is not one of them. That dude looks like he's made of shoe leather.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 6:26 AM Post
remfire said:

It's "uncanny" whenever our offense doesn't look terrible, but he's delusional if he doesn't know that Flaherty pitched like garbage.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 6:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
remfire said:

They've been crushing Flaherty since he came into the league.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 7:31 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Now I really want to know what Counsell said that warranted the ejection. Did he call Molina a wuss or something? I mean, Molina is a lot of not very good things, but wuss is not one of them. That dude looks like he's made of shoe leather.

Shildt also admitted to staring into the Brewers' dugout as he was checking on Molina, so my guess is that whatever was said (seemingly by Counsell) was in response to that and directed at him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 8:48 AM Post
As I recall the Cards destroyed Gallardo through most of his career......he had 1 gem against them that I recall but other then that he got beat like a drum.

In retrospect it was uncanny how well they read him.........or maybe it was just a bad matchup or he pitched badly....or got hit whenever he made mistakes or lots of weak contact found holes and no line drives were ever outs?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 9:17 AM Post
Stats guys:

Apparently our offensive stats got a boost with the previous big game.

How much more did this game boost it?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 9:35 AM Post
Flaherty with some honesty
https://twitter.com/BrewersFarm/status/ ... 98785?s=20

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 1:05 PM Post
markedman5 said:
As I recall the Cards destroyed Gallardo through most of his career......he had 1 gem against them that I recall but other then that he got beat like a drum.

In retrospect it was uncanny how well they read him.........or maybe it was just a bad matchup or he pitched badly....or got hit whenever he made mistakes or lots of weak contact found holes and no line drives were ever outs?

Or, they were in Gallardo's head...There is a lot to the mental side of this game, some players more-so than others.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 2:39 PM Post
Flaherty says “at the end of the day it comes down to executing,” twice asked if he thinks the Brewers knew what was coming or if he needs to check video for tips. “I think if you checked the video you’d see a lot of those pitches were over the middle.”

The correct response. You don't fit in in St. Louis, Jack.

Amazing how the St. Louis sports media did their darndest to get him to accuse the Brewers of improprieties, though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 2:48 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Flaherty says “at the end of the day it comes down to executing,” twice asked if he thinks the Brewers knew what was coming or if he needs to check video for tips. “I think if you checked the video you’d see a lot of those pitches were over the middle.”

The correct response. You don't fit in in St. Louis, Jack.

Amazing how the St. Louis sports media did their darndest to get him to accuse the Brewers of improprieties, though.

Since he doesn’t fit in, maybe we can trade Arcia straight up for him. I like that idea.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:19 PM Post
Arcia isn't enough of a redass for them.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 201 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply