LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 76 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#61

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:03 PM Post
Posts: 1436
Location: Wisconsin
He wasn’t horrible, but Woodruff’s outing tonight was a major fail.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#62

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 744
Location: Chicago
BruisedCrew said:
Hiura can’t make a 30 foot throw, but his defense is supposedly much improved.


He sucks. Can’t play D, has no strike zone judgment. Trade him before he’s Chris Carter


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#63

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:06 PM Post
Posts: 21607
Can someone explain why we just let a pretty good player in Brad Miller go for nothing and ended up with a career scrub like Jace Peterson playing 3rd instead?

He looks like Eric Sogard's bat and Keston Hiura's glove mashed into one player.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#64

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:12 PM Post
Posts: 1436
Location: Wisconsin
Couldn’t even get the tying run to the plate as the Brewers fall to 11th in the NL.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#65

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:14 PM Post
Posts: 21607
I just don't think this is going to be a playoff team. They just can't ever seem to maintain any kind of momentum at all. Have we even won more than 2 games in a row this year?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#66

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:16 PM Post
Posts: 1324
Location: Washburn, WI
adambr2 said:
Can someone explain why we just let a pretty good player in Brad Miller go for nothing and ended up with a career scrub like Jace Peterson playing 3rd instead?

He looks like Eric Sogard's bat and Keston Hiura's glove mashed into one player.


Brad Miller really wasn’t too bad when he was with us. Seems like the front office has a short leash at times with certain players (Miller, Holt) for some reason when they are solid guys for their careers, but struggle for a short time. But then you have other guys like Sogard X2 and Peterson who can continue to struggle and were nothing special to begin with, but continue to get opportunities. I too would have preferred keeping Smoak and having Gyorko at third instead of even trying this Peterson experiment.

Edit to add that I am not a fan of Smoak at all either, but he at least had a few timely hits. Also, Spangenberg being non-tendered was a head scratcher as well. He was a solid bench bat and has always been a solid player, and for some reason we let him go. Instead of having Spangenberg and a nice lefty bat, we over spent for Sogard.


Last edited by RollieTime on September 16, 2020, 5:21 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#67

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:17 PM Post
Posts: 2703
The simple fact that this Peterson guy is starting every day in a playoff chase is a fireable offense. I'm blaming Stearns for having an embarrassing roster but Counsell doesn't have to play him. Eric Sogard thinks Jaye Peterson sucks.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#68

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11926
Peterson just has to go, just has to.

Stearns will probably step in and tell CC to knock it off......again.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#69

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11926
Bulldogboy said:
The simple fact that this Peterson guy is starting every day in a playoff chase is a fireable offense. I'm blaming Stearns for having an embarrassing roster but Counsell doesn't have to play him. Eric Sogard thinks Jaye Peterson sucks.


100% truth.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) 4:10 PM CDT
#70

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:23 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8430
adambr2 said:
I just don't think this is going to be a playoff team. They just can't ever seem to maintain any kind of momentum at all. Have we even won more than 2 games in a row this year?

They won three in a row against the Cubs (in the four game series), but I believe that’s the only time they’ve won three straight.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#71

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:23 PM Post
Posts: 13767
Come back, read the thread, and expect that Brandon Woodruff was complete trash. Looks like a pretty good start to me. Not his fault his defense was crummy and the offense was nearly worthless.

The Brewers fanbase loves to be so critical of any pitcher that has promise and has some good success...but then doesn’t develop into the next great thing. It’s like people are mad he is just a really good pitcher instead of Clayton Kershaw. Not his fault the Brewers have been terrible developing starters.

Started the entire game and gave up 3 runs...rest of the team needs to show up.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#72

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:29 PM Post
Posts: 1089
Its moves like Sogard and Peterson that really have me questioning both Counsell and Stearns. I actually liked the Holt signing because he has shown an ability throughout his career to get on base but we gave him barely any opportunities to get going.

Why was Sogard and now Peterson given an extremely long leash yet Holt and even Smoak who while not good is certainly a better player than Peterson given less chances. Both Stearns and Counsell have this affinity for middle infield types that flat out can't hit. I hate to rip into a guy like Peterson who is trying his hardest but its pretty easy to see that he should have never been an option for this roster much less playing as much as he has.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#73

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:30 PM Post
Posts: 1324
Location: Washburn, WI
MrTPlush said:
Come back, read the thread, and expect that Brandon Woodruff was complete trash. Looks like a pretty good start to me. Not his fault his defense was crummy and the offense was nearly worthless.

The Brewers fanbase loves to be so critical of any pitcher that has promise and has some good success...but then doesn’t develop into the next great thing. It’s like people are mad he is just a really good pitcher instead of Clayton Kershaw. Not his fault the Brewers have been terrible developing starters.

Started the entire game and gave up 3 runs...rest of the team needs to show up.


Completely agree. Developing a top 5 pitcher in the game doesn’t happen very often. Woodruff is probably in the top 15-25 range and the only thing keeping him from being elite is consistency. Woodruff is a great pitcher that still has more room to grow and mature.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#74

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:31 PM Post
Posts: 1089
Woodruff wasn't as good as he can be but the blame once again has to go to the offense that was non existent after the first inning. Its nice that we have had games scoring 18 and 19 runs but what good is it when they score 2 or less most other nights.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#75

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
Posts: 21607
Woodruff was fine. Made a couple mistakes and paid for them. Got no offensive or defensive support.

I think Burnes is the better starter between him and Woodruff, but you're not going to get shutouts every time. Getting a little unreasonable to have to keep expecting perfection from your pitching staff in every game.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-16, Game 1: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
#76

Posted: September 16, 2020, 5:47 PM Post
Posts: 2703
brewers888 said:
Its moves like Sogard and Peterson that really have me questioning both Counsell and Stearns. I actually liked the Holt signing because he has shown an ability throughout his career to get on base but we gave him barely any opportunities to get going.

Why was Sogard and now Peterson given an extremely long leash yet Holt and even Smoak who while not good is certainly a better player than Peterson given less chances. Both Stearns and Counsell have this affinity for middle infield types that flat out can't hit. I hate to rip into a guy like Peterson who is trying his hardest but its pretty easy to see that he should have never been an option for this roster much less playing as much as he has.

I agree 100 percent. The brewers have always been run a bit like a mom and pop shop where the favorite sons get a free pass but it seems like this year has been worse than ever. I just am shocked at the state of the roster considering where this team was just two years ago. It's hard to believe really.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 76 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test