LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 149 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 9-5 -- Nottingham’s go ahead grand slam turns things around]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 370
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
The OPS’s in the lineup are beginning to look a lot more normal.


Braun's having a nice year. Gyorko too. Yelich and Hiura are still a long ways off from what their normal should be.


Curious on what Hiura's normal "should be." Lots of people annointing him as an All Star level player here, very little evidence to support it both in the field and at the dish.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8431
Getting out of the runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs situation scoreless was an accomplishment.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:19 PM Post
Posts: 8141
wibadgers23 said:
The Pirates just aren’t going to help us out at all this weekend, are they? They are completely useless...unless they’re playing us.


They did beat them last night but that’s probably all were going to get out of them


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:22 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8431
It’s amazing how quickly things change in this weird season...

Three weeks ago Jake Cronenworth was the runaway NL Rookie of the Year, now in the month of September he’s hitting: .205 BA / .271 OBP / .318 SLG / .589 OPS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 14986
Location: Milwaukee, WI
First time I’ve checked in awhile. Brinson doing much better. Mid 700’s OPS with a .250 avg.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:23 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8431
Gamel is swinging the Summer Camp bat right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2103
Zad Fnark said:
Gamel seems to hit nothing but doubles.


And again!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:24 PM Post
Posts: 21630
TigerUppercut said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
The OPS’s in the lineup are beginning to look a lot more normal.


Braun's having a nice year. Gyorko too. Yelich and Hiura are still a long ways off from what their normal should be.


Curious on what Hiura's normal "should be." Lots of people annointing him as an All Star level player here, very little evidence to support it both in the field and at the dish.


There's actually an enormous amount of evidence to support it at the dish. He's hit at every level he's ever been at including a .938 OPS at this level last year. His bat was never in question. We all know he's not a guy who is going to strike out in a third of his ABs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:26 PM Post
Posts: 8141
Now Gamel not running well.......what the heck is going on here.


Last edited by markedman5 on September 18, 2020, 8:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:26 PM Post
Posts: 3993
Gamel is gimpy and clearly grimacing on the base paths. I would guess that may have also played into the non send earlier.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
Posts: 8141
https://twitter.com/todd_rosiak/status/ ... 98438?s=21


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:34 PM Post
Posts: 674
That pitch by Topa. Whoa


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:36 PM Post
Posts: 1286
Devinep said:
That pitch by Topa. Whoa


That was just down right filth. I love it!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:37 PM Post
Posts: 8141
I hope Garcia is feeling a bit better.......I know he’s dhing g today but he hasn’t been running well either.

We are running out of outfielders.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:41 PM Post
Posts: 8141
Man that was close.....have a game Orlando.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 14986
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Anyone that tells me Arcia is the same player he’s been makes me chuckle. Noticeable difference this year. The adjustments have been made and he’s grown as a player. He’s just never going to mash.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1617
markedman5 said:
I hope Garcia is feeling a bit better.......I know he’s dhing g today but he hasn’t been running well either.

We are running out of outfielders.


Will probably see Mathias back up tomorrow, and probably Billy McKinney as well, depending on how bad Gamel is (I assume Braun is going on the IL). They have Corey Ray and Keon Broxton in Appleton as well.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:45 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 14986
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
markedman5 said:
I hope Garcia is feeling a bit better.......I know he’s dhing g today but he hasn’t been running well either.

We are running out of outfielders.


Will probably see Mathias back up tomorrow, and probably Billy McKinney as well, depending on how bad Gamel is (I assume Braun is going on the IL). They have Corey Ray and Keon Broxton in Appleton as well.


All that, in a playoff hunt? Woof.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 8:47 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1617
Brew4U said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
markedman5 said:
I hope Garcia is feeling a bit better.......I know he’s dhing g today but he hasn’t been running well either.

We are running out of outfielders.


Will probably see Mathias back up tomorrow, and probably Billy McKinney as well, depending on how bad Gamel is (I assume Braun is going on the IL). They have Corey Ray and Keon Broxton in Appleton as well.


All that, in a playoff hunt? Woof.


Just pointing out that there are options. Never said they were good [wink]

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-18: Royals (Duffy) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 18, 2020, 9:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6114
Location: Phoenix, AZ
This has to be some kind of record for the amount of infield hits the Brewers have given up so far this season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 149 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test