LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) 7:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:05 PM Post
brewers888 said:
Yelich probably can't wait for this season to end.

We all should hope this season was just a aberration for Yelich and not the beginning of a trend...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:06 PM Post
SomewhereInTime said:
timpep said:
SomewhereInTime said:
I guess I don't really know why they'd go with Sogard here.

I can't figure out why he's still in the team.

That's why! Good call Craig, that's why you manage and I type things on a website!

It is a sad state of affairs if one of your best hitters is Sogard...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:09 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Dario Melendez is a douche and Jerry Augustine has said "You gotta score some runs" like 10 times in the last 30 seconds. So what I'm trying to say is where the hell did I put the remote and how can anybody watch these pre and post game shows?

Augustine drives me crazy but he is right. It is hard to win games when you can't score. This bunch cannot put the ball in play or move runners over. Frustrating to watch, frankly.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:10 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Burnes was absolutely rock solid in the playoffs in 2018. To insinuate that somehow he can't handle pressure to me just doesn't make any sense. It's not like we weren't in a playoff race 5 days ago and the pressure is just that much greater now.

He did not have his best stuff tonight, it happens. We have gotten spoiled by him being nearly perfect every outing, the reality is that sometimes he will not be. It's not like he got tagged for 7 runs.

Unfortunately the offense was not there to pick him up tonight.

Outside of a dozen or so games our offense has been in hibernation all season. IMO pitching is not the problem with this club.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-24: Brewers (Burnes) at Cardinals (Kim) 7:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:22 PM Post
Pugger said:
brewers888 said:
I would bet against every NL Central team in the playoffs. Every one of these teams are terrible.

Even the Reds?

The Reds suck. They really do. They got hot a week ago. They'll probably drop at least two this weekend to the Twins. That team is not very good.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 12:24 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Pugger said:
brewers888 said:
I would bet against every NL Central team in the playoffs. Every one of these teams are terrible.

Even the Reds?

The Reds suck. They really do. They got hot a week ago. They'll probably drop at least two this weekend to the Twins. That team is not very good.

Of the teams in the Central both AL and NL only the Twins (102) and the White Sox (116) have a WRC+ above average.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 1:29 AM Post
Pugger said:
brewers888 said:

Even the Reds?

I hate to think what that says for us as I think the Reds have pretty clearly a more talented roster than we do. Sonny Gray is their #3 as they have two Cy Young caliber starting pitchers in front of him.

Similar to us, a lot of their position players are going through down years, but at their best they have some pretty good ones. Yelich is better than any of them, but that isn't doing us much good right now.

I'd say our pen is definitely superior but that's about as far as it goes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
In addition to having to use up the bullpen a bit last night, Devin Williams warmed up in the pen when the Brewers put together a “threat” in the 9th inning. I’m sure he’s fine to throw today when needed, but certainly not ideal to have the start of the 5-game series play out the way it did.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 6:56 AM Post
adambr2 said:

I hate to think what that says for us as I think the Reds have pretty clearly a more talented roster than we do. Sonny Gray is their #3 as they have two Cy Young caliber starting pitchers in front of him.

Similar to us, a lot of their position players are going through down years, but at their best they have some pretty good ones. Yelich is better than any of them, but that isn't doing us much good right now.

I'd say our pen is definitely superior but that's about as far as it goes.

The Reds have more recognizable names. They spent more money in the offseason. That's it. They are going up against the afar superior team this weekend in the Twins, and I expect that the Twins will trounce them.

Of course, most of my predictions have gone wrong this year, so take that with a grain of salt.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 11:56 AM Post
Pugger said:
brewers888 said:

Even the Reds?

Yes they do, but if they continue to play like they are right now ya never know...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply