LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 140 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Excellent start from Suter; Williams and Hader finish it off]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) 4:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
Glad Urias is in the game for defense, definitely has the strongest arm of the options for 3B.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) 4:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
Please don’t issue any walks here, Josh.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:26 PM Post
Lotsa pitches already.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:28 PM Post
YES. MOLINA K.

The words I said out loud were more, um, passionate.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:29 PM Post
That's one.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:30 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Ok, just need 2 out of 3 now.

Quote   Reply 
Got the win. Get another.

Quote   Reply 
Heck yeah!!! Now get game 2!!!

Quote   Reply 
BIG WIN! Live to play another.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Excellent start from Suter; Williams and Hader finish it off]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:31 PM Post
Might as well go out and sweep the doubleheader now.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 1: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Suter) [Brewers win, 3-0 -- Excellent start from Suter; Williams and Hader finish it off]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:32 PM Post
You don't know what is going to happen in game 2 so I have no issues with the decision to go with Hader on their best hitters.

They have Knebel and Rasmussen for game 2. They could get blown out too, making saving Hader useless.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:33 PM Post
I thought Rasmussen would have been a great choice with a string of righties coming up and a comfy 3 run lead. The bizarre thing is that you know if we had gotten a 4th run, Hader would have sat down. I don't know when Counsell turned into Dusty Baker.

If we had Burnes or Woodruff coming up for Game 2 I could have understood it, but not Lindblom.

I do think Counsell is overall a good manager, but almost every move he has made this year is different than the way I would have done it.

Anyway, hope it won't matter, but it's going to be tough with no Hader, no Williams, no Peralta. Hopefully we can score some runs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
LouisEly said:
You don't know what is going to happen in game 2 so I have no issues with the decision to go with Hader on their best hitters.

They have Knebel and Rasmussen for game 2. They could get blown out too, making saving Hader useless.

Having Knebel for Game 2 is probably not a positive.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:34 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I thought Rasmussen would have been a great choice with a string of righties coming up and a comfy 3 run lead. The bizarre thing is that you know if we had gotten a 4th run, Hader would have sat down. I don't know when Counsell turned into Dusty Baker.

If we had Burnes or Woodruff coming up for Game 2 I could have understood it, but not Lindblom.

I do think Counsell is overall a good manager, but almost every move he has made this year is different than the way I would have done it.

Anyway, hope it won't matter, but it's going to be tough with no Hader, no Williams, no Peralta. Hopefully we can score some runs.

Agree with all of this

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
LouisEly said:

Yeah I feel like this has been Counsell's MO before. Get the win and don't worry about the next game.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:41 PM Post
homer said:
LouisEly said:

Yeah I feel like this has been Counsell's MO before. Get the win and don't worry about the next game.

I wish he had felt that way in Game 4 of the NLCS when he chose to let Junior Guerra pitch to Cody Bellinger rather than a relief pitcher with 2 out and a man in scoring position with everything on the line.

Last edited by adambr2 on September 25, 2020, 5:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 5:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:

If Rasmussen lets a guy on Hader is getting back up. You know Counsell isn't giving him a long leash.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 6:37 PM Post
These are all must win games all hands on deck they have to use every arm at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 6:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:
homer said:
LouisEly said:

I wish he had felt that way in Game 4 of the NLCS when he chose to let Junior Guerra pitch to Cody Bellinger rather than a relief pitcher with 2 out and a man in scoring position with everything on the line.

In a game where you score 1 run in 13 innings and burn up a lot of pitchers to get there it’s hard to get too worked up about how the bullpen is used. Who would their other options have been?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 7:26 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
In a game where you score 1 run in 13 innings and burn up a lot of pitchers to get there it’s hard to get too worked up about how the bullpen is used. Who would their other options have been?

I didn't get worked up about Guerra being used. They pitched to Cody Bellinger with 2 out, a man in scoring position and the game on the line, when they could have literally faced a relief pitcher instead and likely gotten to the next inning. That is my issue. And it is still baffling.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 140 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply