LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 205 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) [Brewers lose, 9-1]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers are home team]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:06 PM Post
Win two in a row and we have the tiebreaker over STL, meaning they would have to sweep their DH vs. Detroit to get in over us. Also would have the tiebreaker over SF in event of a tie. Lose the tiebreaker to the Phillies, Marlins and Reds.

Need the Padres to win tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers are home team]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:07 PM Post
I actually hope we get no-hit now, even if it doesn’t count. If you’re going to go down, go down in flames.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:07 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
I don't want to see any of these ham and eggers that Stearns brought in here back next year. Not one. Gyorko's been good but I don't see him duplicating this next year. Rooting for this team is like nails on a chalkboard, and it's all Stearns's fault. I'm going to need psychotherapy on Monday when this nightmare finally comes to an end.

No doubt this has been the least enjoyable Brewers team in quite awhile. Not only are they bad but they are boring and a pretty unlikeable bunch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:08 PM Post
Maybe if he had exciting stuff, but watching Lauer struggle to locate 83 mph fastballs and make me count out a pitch clock adds insult to injury.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bulldogboy said:
Well we have seen him four times and he has been terrible three of them. I dunno. Padres gave him up and they know him better than anybody. They seem to know what they are doing in the front office.

Well if he’s had three bad outings they should probably cut him I guess. Corbin Burnes gave up 11 home runs in his first four outings (17 innings) last season, I can’t believe the held onto him either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:10 PM Post
Keston just needs to be done for the year. He is terrible.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:10 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Bulldogboy said:
Well we have seen him four times and he has been terrible three of them. I dunno. Padres gave him up and they know him better than anybody. They seem to know what they are doing in the front office.

Well if he’s had three bad outings they should probably cut him I guess. Corbin Burnes gave up 11 home runs in his first four outings (17 innings) last season, I can’t believe the held onto him either.

Difference being that Burnes has elite stuff and looked great in 2018. Lauer just looks like a run of the mill junkball lefty with control issues.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers are home team]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:11 PM Post
brewers888 said:
PinaMadness said:
I don't want to see any of these ham and eggers that Stearns brought in here back next year. Not one. Gyorko's been good but I don't see him duplicating this next year. Rooting for this team is like nails on a chalkboard, and it's all Stearns's fault. I'm going to need psychotherapy on Monday when this nightmare finally comes to an end.

No doubt this has been the least enjoyable Brewers team in quite awhile. Not only are they bad but they are boring and a pretty unlikeable bunch.

Watching this team play baseball is like eating nothing but lettuce everyday.
Yes it's technically food but it's neither enjoyable nor filling.

Quote   Reply 
Eye Black said:
Bulldogboy said:

We don't need to cut him but it's a far cry from your he seems ok to me take. He's been in Appleton because he sucks. That's all I'm saying. Nothing I have seen tonight makes me think bringing him back was a good call.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
brewers888 said:
I know you are trying to be positive but you also seem to like Urias and both of them have been terrible.

Look, I’m not ready to pull the rip cord every time something doesn’t go well. I can show you comments from posters last April that were ready to be done with Brandon Woodruff as a starting pitcher. I get that the definition of the IGT is to be reactionary to what’s occurring, I do it plenty as well. I also think lets maybe wait a little bit before we make every definitive judgement.

Quote   Reply 
If Jace Peterson is on the Brewers next season I don’t know if I’ll watch.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:12 PM Post
yourout said:
brewers888 said:
PinaMadness said:

Watching this team play baseball is like eating nothing but lettuce everyday.
Yes it's technically food but it's neither enjoyable nor filling.

Or celery. That's worse. And more accurate.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
mtrebs said:

I expect both him and Sogard to be back.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:13 PM Post
Eye Black said:
brewers888 said:
I know you are trying to be positive but you also seem to like Urias and both of them have been terrible.

Look, I’m not ready to pull the rip cord every time something doesn’t go well. I can show you comments from posters last April that were ready to be done with Brandon Woodruff as a starting pitcher. I get that the definition of the IGT is to be reactionary to what’s occurring, I do it plenty as well. I also think lets maybe wait a little bit before we make every definitive judgement.

+1

Of course, I've been on Hiura's case, but that is with the caveat that he is young and extremely talented, so that makes his performance this year all the more frustrating.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
brewers888 said:
mtrebs said:

I expect both him and Sogard to be back.

Boo

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-25, Game 2: Brewers (Lindblom) at Cardinals (Ponce de Leon) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers are home team]
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:15 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Keston just needs to be done for the year. He is terrible.

He is 4 for his last 9.

They are all terrible this year. Other than expectations, I don't know why Hiura gets singled out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Bulldogboy said:
We don't need to cut him but it's a far cry from your he seems ok to me take. He's been in Appleton because he sucks. That's all I'm saying. Nothing I have seen tonight makes me think bringing him back was a good call.

He has a .455 BABIP against this year, something tells me that will improve.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
I don't get what anybody sees in lauer.
Way below average stuff and poor control.
It would be one thing if he had an electric arm or crazy movement but he has neither.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
Lauer is about as fun to watch as Manny Parra used to be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 25, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
I swear every week I see a Brewer game on the MLB.com scoreboard with the little red "No Hitter" alert on it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 205 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply