LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 390 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) 2:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:07 PM Post
I was thinking Woody on short rest to make sure he gets a game but with the 1st game Wednesday no reason to start him until game 2.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:07 PM Post
SRB said:
trwi7 said:
SRB said:
The West also had 3 mediocre to terrible teams. We benefited from the NL Central having more parity than others, but it is only a "crappy" division in the sense that the entire league is crappy outside of 2-3 teams.

The NL West's 3rd place team had basically the same record as the NL Central's and their 4th place team was only 3 games behind us and those 3rd and 4th place teams also had to play the top 2 teams in the NL 20 times. It's just not even a comparison.

The Rockies and Giants went 6-14 against the Dodgers and Padres. We had to sweep the Royals to finish with a winning record against the Pirates, Tigers and Royals.

"Not even a comparison"

Well obviously, if their third place team was almost as good as the mighty Reds (or even the Brewers!)

Of course it's not a comparison. The Brewers aren't playing the two best teams in the NL for a third of their schedule. I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:20 PM Post
I can’t wait until lindblom starts a winner take all game three

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:37 PM Post
Wonder what kind of odds Vegas is giving the Brewers to win the world series going into the playoffs?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:39 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
PinaMadness said:
Game 1 is Wednesday so Woody will be going.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

On short rest? I think it will be a bullpen game on Wednesday and then Woody game 2.

That’s what I would do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 5:55 PM Post
trwi7 said:
SRB said:
trwi7 said:

The NL West's 3rd place team had basically the same record as the NL Central's and their 4th place team was only 3 games behind us and those 3rd and 4th place teams also had to play the top 2 teams in the NL 20 times. It's just not even a comparison.

The Rockies and Giants went 6-14 against the Dodgers and Padres. We had to sweep the Royals to finish with a winning record against the Pirates, Tigers and Royals.

"Not even a comparison"

Well obviously, if their third place team was almost as good as the mighty Reds (or even the Brewers!)

Of course it's not a comparison. The Brewers aren't playing the two best teams in the NL for a third of their schedule. I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit.

The NL West also got to play the AL West that had one winning team - while we played the AL Central that had 3 of the top 5 teams in the AL. Shouldn’t that factor is or does it not count in your comparison?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:00 PM Post
areacodes said:
trwi7 said:

The NL West also got to play the AL West that had one winning team - while we played the AL Central that had 3 of the top 5 teams in the AL. Shouldn’t that factor is or does it not count in your comparison?

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

You tell me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:09 PM Post
I'm sure the team store has post season gear on sale tomorrow...

Wear it with pride Milwaukee...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:14 PM Post
liveforoctober said:
They flashed the bracket briefly ... am I wrong in thinking we could have an all NL Central NLDS?

Is it a true bracket, or do they reseed to have highest seed playing lowest remaining like the NFL does?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:19 PM Post
Why would we do a bullpen game on game 1? This makes no sense. Wouldn't houser or lindblom make more sense? I would expect both to have short leashes and to see the bullpen heavily used. The only way a suter open makes sense is to load up rh hitters and switch to houser or lindblom in the 3rd or 4th.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:24 PM Post
Suter makes sense because he has pitched better then the other guys......with our offense getting behind early is a killer.

Dodgers ops vs lefties is much worse then vs righties.

Houser stinks right now......he shouldn’t start a playoff game if it can be avoided.

Ps Houser and Lindblom starts are really bullpen games as well......

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:29 PM Post
areacodes said:

We played the Twins, White Sox and Indians 13 times but also got to play the second worst team in the AL 4 times and another bottom 5 teams 3 times. It's still not a comparison.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:38 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Suter makes sense because he has pitched better then the other guys......with our offense getting behind early is a killer.

Houser stinks right now......he shouldn’t start a playoff game if it can be avoided.

+1..... Houser should only be used as a last resort.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 6:54 PM Post
I don't know what we can really do. Burnes out is a killer, we have one reliable starter. You can use Suter but it's not like you're going to get more than 3 to 4 innings out of him. Just have to try to somehow piece together 27 outs and hope the offense shows up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:01 PM Post
yourout said:
markedman5 said:

+1..... Houser should only be used as a last resort.

That's a really cool story, but I'm not sure how you plan to get 27 outs. Its not like our bullpen is full of guys with sub 3 eras. We have a few really solid relievers but not enough to run 1 starter and 2 bullpen games in 3 days.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:20 PM Post
Your love of Houser is interesting considering how poorly he’s pitched.

We don’t have great options......but all hands on deck for 3 days is the only chance we have.

We don’t have a bunch of sub 3 era bullpen guys.......but Housers era is 5.40 and much worse then that after his first 2 starts which were months ago.......

PS since neither you or I are making the decision it will be interesting to see what CC decides to do.

Last edited by markedman5 on September 27, 2020, 7:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:25 PM Post
trwi7 said:
areacodes said:

We played the Twins, White Sox and Indians 13 times but also got to play the second worst team in the AL 4 times and another bottom 5 teams 3 times. It's still not a comparison.

Weren’t we comparing the NL Central and NL West?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:29 PM Post
areacodes said:
trwi7 said:
areacodes said:

Weren’t we comparing the NL Central and NL West?

You're the one who brought up the AL Central and West.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
yourout said:
Wonder what kind of odds Vegas is giving the Brewers to win the world series going into the playoffs?

I don’t know about Vegas, but FiveThirtyEight now gives them 5% odds of winning the World Series and FanGraphs is at 3.4% which is actually higher than the Cardinals (1.6%) and Marlins (1.5%) combined.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:34 PM Post
538 is 5% to get to the WS 2% to win it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 390 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply