LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  [ 390 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]

Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:34 PM Post
ESPNEWS (I think they use Caesars) had them at 45-1 last night. Only the Phillies had worse odds and they're not in anymore obviously.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) 2:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 27, 2020, 7:34 PM Post
timpep said:
areacodes said:
trwi7 said:
Of course it's not a comparison. The Brewers aren't playing the two best teams in the NL for a third of their schedule. I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit.

The NL West also got to play the AL West that had one winning team - while we played the AL Central that had 3 of the top 5 teams in the AL. Shouldn’t that factor is or does it not count in your comparison?

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

You tell me.

Surprised that all the Central teams are at the bottom but I’m also not sure what the difference is between that one and this one their site too.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/ranking/season-sos-by-other

Still not a ringing endorsement of the Central but it is more spread out. Also isn’t surprising that playing two of the best teams (Dodgers and Padres) would give the rest of the NL West teams strong SOS.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]
Posted: September 27, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
According to Adam McCalvy:

Game 1 of the Brewers-Dodgers Wild Card Series is at 9 p.m. CT on Wednesday on ESPN.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 8:38 PM Post
trwi7 said:
ESPNEWS (I think they use Caesars) had them at 45-1 last night. Only the Phillies had worse odds and they're not in anymore obviously.

I could probably go without diet Coke for a day and throw the $2 on the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) 2:15 PM CDT
Posted: September 27, 2020, 9:11 PM Post
trwi7 said:
areacodes said:
trwi7 said:
We played the Twins, White Sox and Indians 13 times but also got to play the second worst team in the AL 4 times and another bottom 5 teams 3 times. It's still not a comparison.

Weren’t we comparing the NL Central and NL West?

You're the one who brought up the AL Central and West.

And then you started talking about how many times the Brewers played certain teams when we were talking about divisions.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 9:12 PM Post

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 9:27 PM Post
7 teams total from the Central divisions. Pretty cool to see.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 9:42 PM Post
I’m assuming they got rid of the guy on second base extra innings rule now

And 9pm. I’m going to have to take a nap Wednesday

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-09-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Cardinals (Gomber) [Brewers lose, 5-2 -- Clinch spot in Postseason]
Posted: September 27, 2020, 10:02 PM Post
willie key said:

Good question. I have no idea.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 27, 2020, 10:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
willie key said:

Good question. I have no idea.

Yes, its my understanding it was only instituted for the regular season, not the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  [ 390 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply