LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next  [ 365 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Offensive struggles continue to the very end]

Offline  Re: 2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 9:08 PM CDT
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:53 PM Post
adambr2 said:
PinaMadness said:
adambr2 said:
That might be all they need. Terrible throw by Urias, terrible pick by Gyorko, bad 2 strike pitch by Woodruff. Team losing effort, like usual.

Might?

Well, I said that when it was 1-0

I know. [laughing]

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 9:08 PM CDT
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:53 PM Post
Unless the offense shows up, the Brewers ended with 10 consecutive games of 3 or fewer runs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:54 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
adambr2 said:
That might be all they need. Terrible throw by Urias, terrible pick by Gyorko, bad 2 strike pitch by Woodruff. Team losing effort, like usual.

Might?

To be fair this was posted when the Dodgers only had a run and there was always the possibility that we could get a runner on base and a routine popup would happen simultaneously with an earthquake that pushed the fences in 250 feet.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
You're about 61 games and 5 innings too late in using Hader in a flexible role, Craig. It doesn't matter now.

Quote   Reply 
When you give your pitchers no room for error as an offense, it is going to be tough to win. It is amazing they even got this far this year. Be interesting to see what can be done in the off-season

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:55 PM Post
Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

Quote   Reply 
I realize it is a short season but Urias hasn’t been very impressive this year.

Quote   Reply 

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
jason21nl said:
LouisEly said:
We've had rluzinski and splitterpfj posts this week. The old crew coming out of the woodwork.

Need a post from Fatter than Joey and two live brew.

Wow!

Alright, this is my 'Rally from down 3 to win' post!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 9:08 PM CDT
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:56 PM Post
It sucks that Woodruff's 5th inning scuffle that plagued him through a big portion of the season came back. Was hoping he was past that with that gem against the Cardinals last weekend, but alas.

Still, he was a stud tonight. Ton of pressure on him playing behind a pop-gun offense.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:56 PM Post
At least we got to see some postseason ball. This team didn’t deserve to be here so I’m not even sad. The Dodgers are a hell of a team. I hope Stearns cleans house again this off-season, but this time they don’t get a bunch of bench guys and hope they all have career years.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:57 PM Post
trwi7 said:
PinaMadness said:
adambr2 said:

Might?

To be fair this was posted when the Dodgers only had a run and there was always the possibility that we could get a runner on base and a routine popup would happen simultaneously with an earthquake that pushed the fences in 250 feet.

Like I said before, I know.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
SomewhereInTime said:
Well I've watched him play, he doesn't have a strong arm and that play was another example of it. There are many other problems with his game as well but this one in particular likely cost us a game.

We'd have to score a run for anything to cost us a game.

This offense was painful to watch this year. I won't miss it. Not sure how it's going to get any better but half this offense can go.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020-10-01 (NL Wild Card Series): Brewers (Woodruff) at Dodgers (Kershaw) 9:08 PM CDT
What a huge out. After giving up 3 runs and a guy on base. Huge move to go to hader there. I mean counsell has just been weird this year

Quote   Reply 
rluzinski, GenoSeligPrieb, TooLiveBrew... who's next?

Quote   Reply 
Well, now it's official, we lost the trade with Grisham for Urias. Both flopped at crucial moments in Playoff elimination.

Just about as expected for 2020. Key players become hurt, couple dinks and poor fielding and heading to the offseason.
Packers Draft
Bucks Playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:58 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:
jason21nl said:
LouisEly said:
We've had rluzinski and splitterpfj posts this week. The old crew coming out of the woodwork.

Need a post from Fatter than Joey and two live brew.

Wow!

Alright, this is my 'Rally from down 3 to win' post!

There he is!!!

Quote   Reply 
SomewhereInTime said:

Odd mountaintop to die on, but whatever.

Come on offense ... wake up!

Quote   Reply 
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
It sucks that Woodruff's 5th inning scuffle that plagued him through a big portion of the season came back. Was hoping he was past that with that gem against the Cardinals last weekend, but alas.

Still, he was a stud tonight. Ton of pressure on him playing behind a pop-gun offense.

He didn't really have a huge scuffle. Bad throw and bad pick attempt kept the inning alive. Two weak swings turned into hits. Then he did give up a hard hit to maybe the best hitter in baseball. It should have been a zero run inning

Quote   Reply 
Garcia should never bat leadoff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 01, 2020, 9:59 PM Post
I'm willing to give Garcia another shot, but he should never, ever lead off again.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next  [ 365 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply