LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

A Mariners fan came up with this idea.

Offline  A Mariners fan came up with this idea.

Posted: October 28, 2006, 12:49 PM Post
No. And in two words, no @#%$ way. Reed batted .217 last year. Career numbers:

.255 avg, .317 OBP, .368 SLG, 66 BB to 109 K

He played a full season in 2005, only drove in 45 runs and only scored 61 (Plus only 12/23 SB attempts -- Career 17/32). It seems his advantage over Jenkins is his speed, but those are Brady Clark stolen base numbers. Reed doesn't add anything, and definitely doesn't equal Jenks's production.

Jenkins's worst full season of his career (2006) yielded 70 RBI & 62 Runs (and he was 4/5 SB attempts) ;)

Over the past 4 seasons, Jenks has averaged:

144 games, 24 HR, 86 RBI, 80 Runs, 33 2Bs, .280 BA, .847 OPS

AND, he plays a mean-ass RF. Did anyone else see the throw he made to nail Aramis Ramirez at 3d in Miller this year (July 8th)? I was there in person, and I have NEVER seen a more difficult or perfect throw.

Why all the Jenkins haters? Et tu....?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2006, 2:34 PM Post
July 6th, in the top of the 7th inning, not July 8th, sorry

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2006, 3:06 PM Post
Quote:
Why all the Jenkins haters?

I don't think ANYBODY hates him. I would like him a lot more if he was CONSISTENT throughout the year. This year he started off fine (hit .290 Ba .843 OPS) but from May to August he hit only .236/.325/.352/.677/6 HR's/45 RBI's/34 BB's/87 K's in 318 AB's.

That's just horrendous. The fact that this would save us $4M is a plus, Hart could play RF and we could trade for a power hitting left fielder.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2006, 3:16 PM Post
Well see thats the problem. We'd need to trade for another outfielder. And Reed would do what? Sit on the bench? Start in center over Gross? I think the trade is fair, but it forces the Brewers to get another OFer when they have too many as it is and if they can't get another OFer, then it hurts them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 28, 2006, 3:23 PM Post
Global Moderator
I agree with endaround. I'd like to see what Reed can do, but right now the Brewers have several OF just like him- guys who MIGHT be able to do it.

I think I'd rather keep Jenkins and platoon him, or try to get pitching depth for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2006, 4:30 AM Post
You do this deal in a second, it would save the Brew what 3-5 million.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2006, 10:12 AM Post
Global Moderator
I agree with endaround. I'd like to see what Reed can do, but right now the Brewers have several OF just like him- guys who MIGHT be able to do it.
It may necessitate packaging Mench with Nix again and seeing what you can get, which won't be a lot. That'd do a lot to clear up the logjam.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2006, 5:55 PM Post
Well sure, but you're still down a corner outfielder unless you're willing to see Reed in center everyday on the hope he'll finally get it. Now if you already have Burell, sure it makes sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 29, 2006, 9:15 PM Post
Quote:
If this would mean to end to Lanyce Nyx in a Brewyers Unyform than I am all for it.

Personally, I haven't given up on Nix and hope he's given an opportunity with the Brewers next season. His performance in Nashville was very impressive.

I think Nix has good SLG for a CFer, but needs to improve his OBP. He's still young enough to be given another shot and could possibly turn the corner in 2007, like Gross did in 2006.

Comparing with Reed, I think Nix is better offensively and just as good defensively in CF. As for the Mariners fan's trade idea, I will probably do it if there are no better offers for Jenkins.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply