LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 36 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Proposed Brewers trade for Manny Ramirez

Offline  Proposed Brewers trade for Manny Ramirez

Posted: September 29, 2006, 3:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
Stop w/ the Manny Ramirez threads, he WONT come to Milwaukee, now Carl Crawford on the other hand.....

Maybe if you tried:

I think it's doubtful Ramirez will come to Milwaukee, but Crawford...

Or even

I don't think there is any way Ramirez will ever come to Milwaukee, but Crawford...

It's the "Stop w/ the" stuff that you can do without. As has been stated, you aren't the final word on what can be posted here, so you need not post like you are.

Honestly, it's totally unnecessary.

Chris
-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 29, 2006, 3:36 AM Post

BBQ Lefty
Global Moderator
There have been what 10+ threads about Manny this year coming to Milwaukee, it's getting somewhat old (and totally unrealistic considering his salary),

I really don't care to take the time to look at every thread, but I just looked at every title since March, and none mention Manny, and only a couple mention Boston. If you care to look back and find those 10+ references, knock yourself out. I think it's fair to say there are a lot of things that have been discussed more heavily than Manny Ramirez.

I didn't attack the poster who posted I just presented a more likely alternative.

I'm not sure how else to take "Stop w/ the Manny Ramirez threads". It's at least poor choice of words.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 29, 2006, 3:40 AM Post
Bill Scott,

Thank you for the re-packaging comment. In no way was I taking a shot at the original poster, if it was taken that way I apologize although the original poster didn't comment, Straw and some others felt it necessary to rise to his defense?. In the email world stop can be miscrued, like "stop it" which is a common saying when conversing, I'm not a moderator so I would hope another poster would not take that to mean cease posting.

Although Bill, a number of folks on this board should take a step back and relax just a bit. However, I understand 20+ years of frustration may be taking its toll :) Plus Jenkins didn't have that incredible last 2 months that many were hoping for :) Add all that up and you have a ticking time bomb apparently, amongst a few :)

Before you guys go crazy please take this as tongue in cheek stuff, I want to the Brewers to win as much as the next fan. I can't wait to see what Melvin does this off-season.

Bill just a thought, things may run smoother throughout the board if other posters didn't feel the need to try and police (straw, mothership and others) eventhough they're NOT moderators, just some friendly feedback.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 29, 2006, 11:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
You don't have to apologize Straw, maybe just relax a bit, I know the Brewers had a bad season and all but your attack of my harmless post was pretty much uncalled for. Go out for happy hour and a have few beers and take a few deep breaths, GEEZ!!!

Plus Jenkins didn't have that incredible last 2 months that many were hoping for

Jenkins had a bad year (much to the chagrine of the masses)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 29, 2006, 6:29 PM Post
Quote:
Bill just a thought, things may run smoother throughout the board if other posters didn't feel the need to try and police (straw, mothership and others) eventhough they're NOT moderators, just some friendly feedback.

I am no moderator, but I see no problem with standing up for a poster who is being bullied. Stop trying to justify yourself, you are only making yourself, you are only making yourself appear more trollish and childish.

This has nothing to do with Jenkins or twenty years of losing, it has everything with treating others with respect. How would you like it if you started a thread only to have a person come in and, in essence, call it "stupid". Because that is basically what you did in this thread.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2006, 2:24 PM Post
You two guys are incredible, first of all a guy with 600+ posts on this board is not a troll, I'm just a fan who's not in love w/ GJ & I place alot of the blame this year on him, far from a troll, maybe stop drinking the kool-aid mother and you could be a little more objective.

Straw, again I say why do we need moderators if "great" posters like yourself are going to police the board. Stick to giving your expert opinion and great insight and let the moderators moderate.

The original poster still has not objected to my post, it was a figure of speech, for god sakes!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2006, 4:34 PM Post
If the poster was Rhuz, or Dhonks or someone who had been on this site for a good period of time, I probably wouldn't have done anything. But the original poster was relatively new to the board, and I thought it would be best to stick up for him since he brought a fresh approach to the idea of Man-Ram coming to the Brewers (as he lives in the Boston area) Did you even take the time to notice that?

600 posts don't exempt you from trollish behavior. You like to stir up trouble. You've done it before with the whole Stubkins ordeal, and you are doing it again here.

But don't you worry, from this point forward I will "police" none of your posts. I'll just ignore them altogether.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 30, 2006, 5:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
maybe stop drinking the kool-aid mother

Not appropriate.

But the original poster was relatively new to the board, and I thought it would be best to stick up for him since he brought a fresh approach to the idea of Man-Ram coming to the Brewers

As it has already been said, the original poster is/was welcome to post this thread, and KC's response was, in fact, out of line. Still, letting the moderators do the scolding is the best course of action.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2006, 7:43 AM Post
Global Moderator
first of all a guy with 600+ posts on this board is not a troll, I'm just a fan who's not in love w/ GJ & I place alot of the blame this year on him,
Being a troll has nothing to do with post count and everything to do with repeating the same thing over and over with no intent but to cause trouble and start arguments.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2006, 8:20 AM Post
Mother it takes 2 to argue. While your appreciation for GJ's service with the Brewers has been duly noted their is another side to the GJ quandary. If ANYONE can bring up 1 good reason why GJ deserves to be back I certainly would be open to the thought, from reading your recent posts I can't say the same for you, in regard to openmindness. I'll just take Straw's advice and ignore your posts and if you do the same with mine maybe this place will be better off.

Have a great day mother,

GO BREW

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 01, 2006, 3:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
If ANYONE can bring up 1 good reason why GJ deserves to be back I certainly would be open to the though

Ok, how about because he still hit RHP at a .853 OPS in a 'down year?'

And I'm not entirely sure why you're trying to argue about Jenkins in a thread about Manny Ramirez.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2006, 1:04 AM Post
Quote:
If ANYONE can bring up 1 good reason why GJ deserves to be back I certainly would be open to the though

Or he only has 1 year left on his contract and he will be playing for a $10-20 million contract next year (over 3 years of course). Its called a contract year. Soriano put up an OPS 80 points higher than his previous two seasons and Carlos Lee hit 5 more home runs than his previous career high this year. Major Leaguers tend to do real well when 10-20 million is on the line.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 06, 2006, 3:13 AM Post
very well put crewwin 06..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 11, 2006, 10:25 PM Post
ManRam is an awful OF. If we could use a DH sure.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2006, 12:53 PM Post
No one is worth it. We only want perfect players.
I mean Jesus for a fan bases which cheers for a team that hasn't been with 10 games of a playoff spot in two decades you guys certainly have some high demands for what constitutes a Brewer (or very low expectations).

ManRam is 1.5 good seasons form being a sure fire Hall of Famer. I think the guy is a hideous OF but his bat is worth that of any two Milwaukee Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2006, 3:00 PM Post
Did you just call out your week-ago self?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 36 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply