LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 25 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Tim Hudson

Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:01 AM Post
Quote:
If the Braves could find a team to pick up the remaining $33 million the 31-year-old is guaranteed over the next three seasons, plus give Atlanta some younger talent, they might have already traded Tim Hudson. They still might, if the right offer comes along. But it seems less likely given general manager John Schuerholz's stated offseason priority. "We're going to strengthen our pitching staff ," Schuerholz said. "That's goal No. 1. We're going to do everything we possibly can to return our pitching, from top to bottom, to the standards that were set around here for the last 15 years. That's our goal. And we believe we can do that." It's a Catch-22 with Hudson. The Braves want to rebuild their pitching, which faltered badly during a season in which their run of 14 consecutive titles ended. Hudson could be the nucleus of that project, if he returns to the form he displayed in Oakland. But if they hang onto him and he continues to muddle along, he'd become more difficult to trade after next season.

www.ajc.com/sports/conten...udson.html

Would you be interested in the Brewers picking him up? He's 31 and makes $6M in 2007 and $13M in 2008 and 2009. And if you are interested do you think Eveland, Inman and TGJ would be enough to get him?

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:08 AM Post
Global Moderator
I like Hudson...but that's too much money and too much talent for a guy that might be equal to doug davis over the next 3 years...He might be good, but his 2005 numbers would kill the brewers if he was being paid 13 million dollars...

let's spend that money on jason schmidt instead..

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:11 AM Post
Id get Hudson if it meant we can get rid of Doug Davis. Can we trade him now and let the Braves take him to Arby?

DD and Eveland might gitrdun.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:12 AM Post
Quote:
let's spend that money on jason schmidt instead..

Good Point, but Hudson is a nice backup plan.

One bad year mixed in with a bunch of good years.......Id take those odds that he bounces back.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:19 AM Post
Maybe I offered to much but I didn't want to offer too little. His value may be down and if we take on his contract we may be able to get him for less.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:21 AM Post
Davis/Eveland for Hudson?

I'd make that deal. But I'd try to throw in Clark to even out the cash a little.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:24 AM Post
Global Moderator
there might be a way to do something like:

Geoff Jenkins
TGJ
Mark Rogers

here...make them take some money back, but give them a good prospect also...If we could get Hudson for the equivalent of 3 years 23 million, i'd be much less concerned...

Davis would work pretty well also...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:33 AM Post
"but give them a good prospect also"

Eveland is a good prospect. We tend to discount him because he struggled at the big league level last year, but he just turns 23 this month and posted pretty impressive AAA numbers this past season (110 K's, 71 hits in 105 innings). Besides, the Braves are looking to get major league ready arms.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:35 AM Post
Hudson probably isn't worth his current contract. Why would someone have to give Atlanta something to get a neutral or negative value contract?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:36 AM Post
Quote:
Geoff Jenkins
TGJ
Mark Rogers

I think they want to get rid of salary and I don't think they'd have room in the outfield with Francoeur, Jones, Diaz, Johnson and Langerhans.

Maybe TGJ and Zach Jackson or Dana Eveland.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:47 AM Post
Global Moderator
trwi7---

you missed my point...I don't care if they need jenkins, but I'm not taking Hudson's contract unless they take a big one off our hands..

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 12:57 AM Post
Quote:
you missed my point...I don't care if they need jenkins, but I'm not taking Hudson's contract unless they take a big one off our hands..

I guess they may take it since Jenkins is better than Langerhans and it'd only be a year for them...

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 1:41 AM Post
His FIP has been high for two years straight. I think I'll pass.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 2:31 AM Post
Global Moderator
'06 was a real mess for Hudson...is there a physical problem? His recent numbers, combined with the expense say "Do Not Touch" to me.

The Braves say they want to upgrade their staff for this year, if they deal Hudson at this point, are they not conceding his drop in value? "We want better pitching, we'll give you Tim Hudson." Unless they get 2-3 young arms for him that makes me think they believe he won't bounce back.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 2:51 AM Post
Hmmm, a large contract and he's being traded from the Braves. Given the great track record of pitchers the Braves unloaded....

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 3:43 AM Post
Global Moderator
Quote:
Given the great track record of pitchers the Braves unloaded....

Like Tom Glavine?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 6:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
Quote:
Given the great track record of pitchers the Braves unloaded....

i was thinking of jason schmidt

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 7:12 AM Post
Personally i would take my chances with Hudson over Schmidt but that is just me. I am willing to bet that he bounces back next year.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 9:04 AM Post
Honestly, I think Hudson is cooked. He's had a big workload on that little frame for a long time.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Tim Hudson

Posted: October 17, 2006, 9:08 AM Post
i pass . i don't want to trade the farm for this guy. pick up jason schmidt instead.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 25 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply