LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Just got back from New York...

Offline  Just got back from New York...

Posted: October 15, 2006, 1:31 AM Post
Yankees won't give up Hughes so you could probably just take out Hughes and Inman/Rogers.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2006, 1:48 AM Post
Guys - yes AROD is on the block but he isnt going to come cheap. He is still one of the top 10 players in the game, still a young man, and still a hall of famer.

While I dont doubt that the Yankees would trade him, I think the cost is going to be proven players - all star players or young future stars.

Id love for him to be in Milwaukee, but the price is going to be more on teh level of Prince Fielder than it is Doug Davis.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2006, 3:11 AM Post
Global Moderator
I doubt the Yankees would have any interest in Koskie (if healthy). He doesn't make 10 million per year.

If you guess that A-rod would still cost between 13-15 million per year after what the Yanks pick up, I would just rather spend that money in free agency and not have to give up guys like Braun, Inman, Rogers, etc....

For this to be worth doing we have to shed a considerable amount of salary.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2006, 8:57 AM Post
Quote:
If the Yankees want Sheets and Wise, they will probably have to offer A-Rod, Chien-Ming Wang, Melky Caberra and Philip Hughes. I wouldn't mind adding Jenkins and Koskie to sweeten this deal for the Yankees.

I'd do that. Nobody in baseball would tho.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2006, 1:28 PM Post
Quote:
I'd do that. Nobody in baseball would tho.

I was making fun of the Yankee fan's proposal by doing the same thing as him. But with Steinbrenner, you never know...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:15 PM Post
A-Rod at a palatable salary would be worth it, and I would imagine Koskie would appeal to the Yankees because of his Canadian roots and his blue collar attitude. He's a hard worker, which I'm sure Torre would imagine is a need within his clubhouse. And while I understand that Hughes was off limits this season, I would imagine he would be made available this offseason if the deal were at the right terms. They would be getting a fairly comparable pitching prospect, on top of one of the top hitting prospects in baseball. Inman and Braun are top three prospects in one of the top systems in MLB. Capuano would give them 200 innings and quality starts with All-Star credentials at a good price. But it would be questionable that they are giving up the top two players in the deal. Then again, that team is in need of an overhaul.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply