LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Adam Dunn

Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 3:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
from rotoworld:

"Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, who worked with the Twins for 11 years, wants to cut down team strikeouts, increase average and doesn't mind losing some home runs in the process. With that mindset, Dunn is definitely a good candidate to be moved. Krivsky has already traded away three of the five hitters who struck out 100 times in 2005 - Wily Mo Peña, Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez."

This is the guy i want to see the Brewers pick up for next year...I think they could get him for less than Carl Crawford, and his obp skills are much better...plus his prodigious power...On top of that, if he is replacing Geoff jenkins in the lineup, there wouldnt really be a net gain in K's...

anyone else with me???

I don't know what kind of package it would take to get Dunn---but maybe:
TGJ
Mark Rogers
Dana Eveland/Zach Jackson

would get it done...The reds are trying to cut back on K's, and they want high average, so I think TGJ is a lock for any trade with them...Mix in one of our young good pitching prospects (but not Inman or YO) would get this done...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 3:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
I guess if he is replacing Jenkins, then I'd be for it, since he's semi-the same player, but bigger. Plus, Damian Miller will be safer this year.

But, if that's the "big bat" we're after, it leaves a bit to be desired by me. Low-ish BA, but good OBP just doesn't sound all that great. Yeah, he might hit a few WAY out of the ballpark and give us a bonafide power bat but that's also alot of K's.

But what the heck, it's working for the Tigers.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 3:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
if the brewers could get Dunn and somehow sign Jason Schmidt, I would say that they would be WS contenders for next year, not just WC challengers...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 3:57 AM Post
I would love to get Adam Dunn. I don't really mind K's all that much, and he gets on base a lot. Plus, he would stimulate board discussion. ;)

Add him to the list of who I want in LF next year:
Dunn
Burrell
Nomar
Crawford

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 4:00 AM Post
Adam Dunn will be Wayne Krivsky's David Ortiz move if he trades him.

I'd do it in less than a second for that package that pogo proposed.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 5:01 AM Post
Contract:
2007 - $10.5 million
2008 - $13 million club option

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 5:03 AM Post
Quote:
2008 - $13 million club option

The option is eliminated if he's traded.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 5:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
well, that would make him a 1 year guy, but i'd feel alot more comfortable giving him Carlos lee money than i would Clee or soriano...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:03 AM Post
Yeah, trade for him contingent on him accepting the 4 year / $48-$52 million dollar contract.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:14 AM Post
I would love to have Adam Dunn, BUT

1) Would not give up a big prospect package for a 1 year guy.

2) As I recall Dunn has stated he does not like to hit in Milwaukee, something about the backdrop (anyone else confirm this?). Not sure if that means a long term deal would be out of the question.

3) He's not a very good OF

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:20 AM Post

BBQ Lefty
Global Moderator
Dunn would be awesome.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:41 AM Post
I'd love to get Dunn but at 10 mil for 1 year, there's not a whole lot of value there. I could see trading a couple of middling prospects for him but not much more.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 7:01 AM Post
I like Dunn alot,but Melvin talks quite a bit about wanting to lower the strikeouts.He seems to place a higher premium on wanting to get guys that make contact than others do.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 7:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
I could go either way. Dunn's a terrible defender, and he sure isn't going to be playing 1st for us.

Like others, I wouldn't give up much for a one year guy.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 7:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
The option is eliminated if he's traded
That's the same language I found. I am assuming this means that if he is traded it is guaranteed money rather than a team option.
Also note that the $13M could become $16M with incentives.

From mlb4u
signed 2-year deal worth 18.5M thru 2007 season on 2/13/06- + he receives salaries of 7.5M in 2006 and 10.5M in 2007- + the deal includes a Team Option for 2008 worth 13M or a 500K buyout- + the option is eliminated if he is traded- + he receives a 500K assignment bonus if traded- + the value of the option could rise to 16M with award-based escalators- + if the option is exercised, he receives a complete a no-trade clause in 2008- + 2005 salary: 4.6M

At this price, you do have to think about it a lot. He's probably paid around market value considering his "off-year" (.855) in 2006. Thus, I'd gladly take him on, but I'm not sure what I'd give up - certainly not one of our top young guys. I think the top prospect I'd give up is Rogers, and would be alright with the Rogers/Gwynn/fringe guy package proposed (perhaps Nix?).
In my mind, this is much smarter than comitting similar money to a free agent, as you only have to commit to two years, and you don't have to give up a draft pick (2nd round in our case) as compensation.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 8:43 AM Post

BBQ Lefty
Global Moderator
That's the same language I found. I am assuming this means that if he is traded it is guaranteed money rather than a team option.

Which makes sense if you think about it. What player is going to sign a contract that takes away money if they happen to get traded?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 9:05 AM Post
Yeah, I'd be almost positive that it becomes guaranteed.

This would make it a two year deal - or 1.5 if the Brewers decide to trade him in mid-2008. Basically the same situation as Lee was. I don't think I'd extend him past that, though, either. He's got the classic "old player skills" - walks and HR - that don't tend to age the greatest. I'd love to have him for two seasons, though.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 10:30 AM Post
I'd be for a Dunn trade, if we don't have to give up 2 young pitchers.

How about DD and TGJ for Dunn and Majewski?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 11:07 AM Post
Dunn is on that short list of guys (along with Soriano) who more than compensates for his prodigious strikeout totals with big time power.

I'd offer them Davis, Mench, and either Eveland or Jackson.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Adam Dunn

Posted: October 15, 2006, 11:13 AM Post
Briggs' offer is "ok", though Mench's value may be low due to his small sample with the Crew.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply