LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Trade coming?

Offline  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 28, 2017, 1:28 PM Post
something is up, i know in past years spot #5 wasn't announced until the very end of spring, and normally because of off days that spot was used for the 1st week or 2, but i never remember spots 3-4 not being announced yet, by now the manager has aligned the rotation up for next week.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 1:42 PM Post
Not necessarily a trade, could be Garza is being cut. Not predicting that, just looking at all options, of which this is one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 1:53 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
Not necessarily a trade, could be Garza is being cut. Not predicting that, just looking at all options, of which this is one.

Would not surprise me one bit.

I attended Sundays game and watched him pitch. He got tattooed as usual.

I sat down the right field line by the bullpen. After his start he came down that way sulking. The bullpen coach lit into him about throwing more off speed pitches. Instead of listening Garza gave it right back to the bullpen coach and the two went up the tunnel to the clubhouse. 5 minutes later the bullpen coach came back and Garza didnt.

That said, just eating the 12mil would look really bad for the organization.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
Gennett being waived to open up a roster spot could hint to a trade being more likely than an early dismissal of Garza.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:12 PM Post
wildcat2237 said:
FVBrewerFan said:

I sat down the right field line by the bullpen. After his start he came down that way sulking. The bullpen coach lit into him about throwing more off speed pitches. Instead of listening Garza gave it right back to the bullpen coach and the two went up the tunnel to the clubhouse. 5 minutes later the bullpen coach came back and Garza didnt.

Maybe, maybe not. It happens. The unknown (and you alluded to it a bit) is his attitude. It's one thing to let a vet try to work through it, especially when you're on the hook for 8 figures. But if he's being a jerk on top of it, you almost have no choice. Just can't have a guy like that in the clubhouse around all the young guys.

Another scenario that wouldn't surprise me. For all we know Stearns had been talking to TX for a while and they have an ala carte menu. Guerra will cost x, Peralta y, Nelson z. They may have been scouting the others as well, we just never heard about it. Pretty easy to do in ST. Now TX just needs to decide who they want, what they're willing to give up. Who knows, just spit-balling what that cryptic tweet may mean.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:23 PM Post
Tom‏ @Haudricourt 1m1 minute ago
Leading candidates among NRIs are Ivan De Jesus Jr. and Rob Scahill. But wouldn’t be surprised if more moves coming.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:28 PM Post
Tom‏ @Haudricourt 21s21 seconds ago
More
Tom Retweeted Matthew Zager
It obviously involves the pitching. That’s why we have been given only the first two starters.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:33 PM Post
wildcat2237 said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Why would that look bad? First Garza was signed by Melvin. Second, it's 12 million not 20 million. Third, the great Theo Epstein waived Edwin Jackson and ate nearly that much even while Jackson was doing OK out of the pen. Eating Garza's salary would make the organization look good. Garza hasn't performed and he's not the best clubhouse guy around.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
Has anyone checked to see what Ryan Braun is up to today?

Batting third in the lineup against the Indians.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 2:43 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
wildcat2237 said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Why would that look bad? First Garza was signed by Melvin. Second, it's 12 million not 20 million. ...... Garza hasn't performed and he's not the best clubhouse guy around.

That would seem to be my first thought too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 3:43 PM Post
monty57 said:
Gennett being waived to open up a roster spot could hint to a trade being more likely than an early dismissal of Garza.

Not necessarily related. Or you could make the case that this saves them $3MM of the $12MM they would owe Garza. Cushion the blow a little...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 3:46 PM Post
Pretty sure Ryan Braun isn't going anywhere this week.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 28, 2017, 5:23 PM Post
monty57 said:
Brew4U said:
Has anyone checked to see what Ryan Braun is up to today?

Batting third in the lineup against the Indians.

Dinger too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 5:33 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
monty57 said:

Not necessarily related. Or you could make the case that this saves them $3MM of the $12MM they would owe Garza. Cushion the blow a little...

Or someone from Spring Training not on the 40man making the team?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 5:47 PM Post
I've got a feeling that if they trade Peralta I'm going to be underwhelmed. He's anything but a sure thing, but the Brewers have enough minor league depth where the potential benefits of waiting to see if he improves his value outweigh the possibility of getting nothing if he tanks. Unless, of course, the Rangers are willing to pay a premium simply because of the lack of arms on the market, but I've got a feeling that they're bargain hunting.

Cutting Garza outright seems more likely to me, although they also could be sitting down with him and gauging whether he'd be as opposed to moving to the pen as he was a couple of years ago (not saying this is a good idea, just a possibility).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 5:53 PM Post
My guesses:

- Garza could be waived/released.
- Could be a trade happening -- and if so, hard to predict which SP & to where & for what -- a more interesting option than releasing Garza but not necessarily more likely.
- If they like both DeJesus & Scahill, they'll need a 2nd 40-man spot. It's not like Barnes is pitching like he deserves to go north (to MIL, that is -- since Colorado Springs is also north), so maybe the door's cracked for Scahill.

Beyond those three possibilities, it's a pure crapshoot, like playing "pin the tail on the roster move."

I do still have hope for Peralta's future as a solid SP and hope he's not dealt.

Last edited by MNBrew on March 28, 2017, 6:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 5:57 PM Post
Just saw this on Twitter:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 13m13 minutes ago

We are expecting to hear some more roster news on #Brewers soon. Stay tuned.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 6:23 PM Post
MNBrew said:
Just saw this on Twitter:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 13m13 minutes ago

We are expecting to hear some more roster news on #Brewers soon. Stay tuned.

Wound up being this:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 20m20 minutes ago

#Brewers tell Jesus Aguilar he has made team and told Rene Garcia, Ivan De Jesus Jr. and Eric Sogard they will not make team.

Way to go Aguilar forcing yourself on to opening day roster.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 28, 2017, 6:28 PM Post
So Aguilar takes Scooter's spot on the 40. Really happy for Aguilar. Could be nothing at all, but he's at least exciting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 6:31 PM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
So Aguilar takes Scooter's spot on the 40. Really happy for Aguilar. Could be nothing at all, but he's at least exciting.

Aguilar was already on the 40. Im guessing its Scahill taking Scooters spot.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply