LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Trade coming?

Online  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 28, 2017, 6:58 PM Post
Still haven't announced the rotation 3-5 so could still be something coming.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 28, 2017, 7:03 PM Post
Haudricourt seems pretty certain something is in the works (or at least that there are some possibilities out there that they're waiting on) and has a nice quote from Stearns backing up that possibility:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 32 minutes ago
David Sterns on why pitching decisions not made yet: “We have a lot of balls in the air, internally and externally.”

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 31 minutes ago
In other words, if it was just a decision on guys in camp, they would be made by now, for the most part.

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 29 minutes ago
“Balls in air” for #Brewers could mean starters going to relief, going to another team, going to minors. Many ways to skin this cat.

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 29 minutes ago
Next couple of days going to be interesting on #Brewers pitching front, it would seem.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 8:04 PM Post
I like to see what Shaw does but not sure Gallo the answer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 8:10 PM Post
Wonder with CC not naming any starters past the first two does that mean trader dave is in the trail again

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2017, 8:42 PM Post
If Peralta is somehow the ask on Gallo i'd make that trade yesterday...if for no other reason than to save us from Wily and his "enticing" potential that doesn't fulfill itself.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 7:13 AM Post
superfly said:
If Peralta is somehow the ask on Gallo i'd make that trade yesterday...if for no other reason than to save us from Wily and his "enticing" potential that doesn't fulfill itself.

can't you say the same thing about Gallo?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 7:41 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
superfly said:

can't you say the same thing about Gallo?

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. However, the big difference between the two is Peralta's 5 years older and has had 647 big league innings to figure it out since coming up as a 23 year old. Gallo's just entering his age 23 season and has only had 133 big league at bats spread out over two age 21 and 22 seasons so far. I understand people's concerns about his strikeouts, but he's mashed at every level while being 3-5 years younger than the competition, he's controllable, and hasn't been given a consistent chance at the big league level yet. Not to mention we're still a bit light in the organization at first base. I'd take him in a second for Peralta if available. But I highly doubt the offer's on the table.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 7:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
brewcrewdue80 said:
MNBrew said:
Just saw this on Twitter:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 13m13 minutes ago

We are expecting to hear some more roster news on #Brewers soon. Stay tuned.

Wound up being this:

Tom‏ @Haudricourt 20m20 minutes ago

#Brewers tell Jesus Aguilar he has made team and told Rene Garcia, Ivan De Jesus Jr. and Eric Sogard they will not make team.

Way to go Aguilar forcing yourself on to opening day roster.

Barring trade, that makes it seem like we're going with 13 pitchers: 8 starters, plus bench of Pina, Aguilar, Perez, Kirk N. Am I missing someone else who still has a decent shot at making the roster?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 8:08 AM Post
BrewCrewBlueDevil said:
T Plush, who is short on a Guerra-Gallo deal? Guerra is old and Gallo lost his luster. Not saying it should be done but it seems pretty fair.

Gallo>Guerra. Not convinced Guerra has that kind of value after a short stint. I wouldn't want Gallo anyway though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 9:03 AM Post
i would trade gallo for peralta in a second, but not Guerra. i think the brewers should bet on him to see if they can't turn him into a better prospect if he has another good 1st half.

anyway, IF a trade is coming, wouldn't it be for a middle infielder, the best they have off the bench is perez and they have 3 guys now that can only play the corner IF positions, Gallo would be 4 then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 9:52 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
i would trade gallo for peralta in a second, but not Guerra. i think the brewers should bet on him to see if they can't turn him into a better prospect if he has another good 1st half.

anyway, IF a trade is coming, wouldn't it be for a middle infielder, the best they have off the bench is perez and they have 3 guys now that can only play the corner IF positions, Gallo would be 4 then.

They have Dejesus and Rivera if they really wanted to add a utility IF. Like most trades over the past couple years, this trade wouldn't necessarily be made to improve the roster THIS year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 10:00 AM Post
If 23 year old Joey Gallo is on the table for 32 year old Junior Guerra, I make the move. While I believe in Guerra being a solid pitcher, a 3.5-4.0 ERA type, I don't think you pass up on a possible 40 HR bat in Gallo especially given the dearth of 1B options the Brewers currently have on the MLB roster and in the Minors.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 10:07 AM Post
Peralta has a 17 win full season of 3.53 ERA to his credit. What exactly does Gallo have on his resume that makes anyone think he's any better than the guys they already have? You don't deal Peralta just to deal him. You wait for more than interest from one team that drives up his price.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 10:16 AM Post
I mean, I'm not a big fan of Gallo but what is his resume? Smacking 100 HR everywhere he's been. He hasn't proven anything at the MLB level yet in limited time, but if that's the bar then they should have never traded for Santana, Broxton, Brinson, Hader, etc.

To me, Gallo is interesting if his glove is above avg at 1B. then at least you have a great defensive 1B who hits HRs and strikes out a lot. But, as I've said many times, would target starting pitching in any deal moving forward.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 10:23 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Peralta has a 17 win full season of 3.53 ERA to his credit. What exactly does Gallo have on his resume that makes anyone think he's any better than the guys they already have? You don't deal Peralta just to deal him. You wait for more than interest from one team that drives up his price.

Well there is certainly reasonable doubt that Gallo will ever make enough contact against the best pitchers in the world; he has done plenty to make you think he can outperform Peralta.
19 year old: 163 wRC+ in A
20 year old: 221 wRC+ in A+
20 year old: 141 wRC+ in AA
21 year old: 192 wRC+ in AA
22 year old: 135 wRC+ in AAA
That's about as impressive of a resume independent of strikeouts as a batter can have. I know KATOH has flaws, but it does account for his strikeouts and still has him at 10+ WAR over the next 6 seasons

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 10:57 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
patrickgpe said:

They have Dejesus and Rivera if they really wanted to add a utility IF. Like most trades over the past couple years, this trade wouldn't necessarily be made to improve the roster THIS year.

Dejesus isnt a guarantee, they sent him to AAA. If any club offers him a spot on their 25man he can go according to his contract.

Texas will not be offering Gallo, unless we include a minor League guy (remember Texas scouts seen in Minor games?)
Yes Peralta had that 17win season and mid 3s ERA, but that Fip was over 4, has it has been the last 2 seasons as well. He hasn't learned a 3rd effective pitch. FB/Slider so the planes on those two pitches moving down arent much different. And when he's slightly off, Ill guess thats when he goes through those innings with 5+hits given up. Until he learns an effective 3rd pitch and commits to throwing it 20% of the time. He's going to be a 4+ Fip pitcher. Or a #4 starter with #3 upside. He needs that, or a FB that hits it's location more often than its done the last 3years.

Is Gallo really a known good defensive 1b? Nevermind the fact he'd be awaiting playing time behind Thames and Aguilar? Is that even worth trapping him in AAA? Erceg pushing his way quickly for 3b. Shaw at 3b/1b ability should the 1b situation not pan out. I think Shaw took over the Gallo attempts for acquire and that possibility is over in Stearns mind.

Hope we have an answer today. The waiting on closure to Opening Day is pulling at the feels.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 1:12 PM Post
I think the Brewers would have to add a decent piece to Peralta to land Gallo.

Probably something like this could get a trade done:

Brewers get:
1B/3B Joey Gallo

Rangers get:
RHP Wily Peralta
plus one (1) of these guys perhaps...
RHP Brandon Woodruff. RHP Jorge Lopez or RHP Taylor Jungmann

I don't feel any of those arms will be more than back-end starters so I wouldn't hesitate to move one personally.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 1:34 PM Post
I wouldn't trade Woodruff straight up for Gallo, let alone as part of a package deal. I don't think Gallo is going to amount to anything at the MLB level and the Rangers clearly don't either since they have yet to really give him an honest look.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
Why in the world are we talking about Joey Gallo again? He has proven that he is incapable of being anything other than a career minor leaguer in my eyes and to give up anything for him (except in a salary dump) seems to be a waste of time and resources. I think I am correct in remembering that Stearns basically wanted nothing to do with him in the Lucroy deal which is how we ended up with several of their top prospects besides him. I just don't understand the infatuation for a guy who I suspect will end up with less than 30 big league career home runs.

Also, not to be a Debbie downer but I tend to think that it has been quite a few years since Tom Haudricourt has broken too many scoops. I suspect that if anything is happening with our roster involving pitching it will amount to far less than some blockbuster deal.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Trade coming?

Posted: March 29, 2017, 2:25 PM Post
DocLuna7 said:
Why in the world are we talking about Joey Gallo again?

Because most people don't know much about any other prospects. He's easy to target and write in a trade proposal and call it good.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 100 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply