LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next  [ 683 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

What could Braun bring from anyone? (2017 version)

Online  Re: What could Braun bring from anyone? (2017 version)
Posted: May 17, 2017, 2:10 PM Post
And if all that is true, goes to show you win some, you lose some in the GM world. Hindsight being 20/20, Stearns should have taken whatever he could from the Dodgers. But at the time, made sense to hold out.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: What could Braun bring from anyone? (2017 version)
Posted: May 17, 2017, 2:33 PM Post
Well to be fair we don't know how bad of a low ball it was from LAD at the deadline. If all we got was Puig and whichever pitcher was dead money for them and some nobody prospects, then whatever. I'd rather just have Braun.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2017, 2:36 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
And if all that is true, goes to show you win some, you lose some in the GM world. Hindsight being 20/20, Stearns should have taken whatever he could from the Dodgers. But at the time, made sense to hold out.

I am assuming you are referring to Stearns personally...because it's pretty debatable other than that.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: What could Braun bring from anyone? (2017 version)
Posted: May 17, 2017, 2:43 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Well to be fair we don't know how bad of a low ball it was from LAD at the deadline. If all we got was Puig and whichever pitcher was dead money for them and some nobody prospects, then whatever. I'd rather just have Braun.

We'll see. May not know that answer for another 3 years. A part of me though wishes that deal would have got done, even if it was Puig and junk in return. Clear the salary for 4 years, and spare all the if/when will Braun be traded, on and off the DL, etc. Stearns was probably smart to walk away if that was the deal, but it wouldn't have been all bad.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 17, 2017, 3:20 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I agree that Dodgers trade proposal would only make sense for teams in fantasy or video game baseball.

In real life baseball, Cody Bellinger and Julio Urias might be two of the most "untouchable" young players in the game when it comes to trades at this point.

Doubt either are going to be traded.

It is frustrating knowing that the Dodgers have all the money in the world....plus two 20 year old franchise players while the Brewers currently have none.

Couldn't agree more, but what makes it more frustrating is that you are not even counting 2 other young players who are one of the best at their positions: last years Rookie of the Year Corey Seager (23) and Clayton Kershaw (29) and still have 5 top 100 prospect players (according to MLB pipeline). I want the Brewers to be like this, where there is a consistent amount of young players coming to the big leagues every year. Especially, because if/when these players become great, the Brewers will be lucky to sign 1 or 2 of them as Prince and Braun showed us. This a big reason that I am not a fan of trading any prospects for a wild card game. Now, if that trade includes a Cordell type for a decent pitcher that we have control for a couple years. Then I'd be fine with that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 18, 2017, 7:18 AM Post
It's too bad that Braun had these injuries because Puig's slumping again. .309 OBP/.722 OPS on the season but has only slashed .250/.276/.375/.651 in May. Both Baseball Reference and Fangraphs have him as a 0.1 WAR player. Obviously was in the doghouse last year and have to wonder if the Dodgers will be looking to part ways with Puig once late June rolls around. His 2016 WAR values from Baseball Reference and Fangraphs averaged out to 1.2. Probably would project him as a 1 WAR player moving forward and now his contract is large enough where he has surplus value but it is minimal. If Braun wouldn't have gotten hurt, the Dodgers could have taken Puig, swapped in Scott Kazmir for Brandon McCarthy and pretty much started the "two other prospects" talk again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2017, 1:23 PM Post
What about the Yankees? Chance Adams, Albert Abreu, Nolan Martinez and Ian Clarkin? Would this be good enough for both sides? Throw in Jorge Guzman for fun?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2017, 1:27 PM Post
Won't happen but I'd take that deal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 22, 2017, 2:32 PM Post
Rangers? Cole Ragans, Alex Speas, Jonathan Hernandez and Mike Matuella?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:00 AM Post
Isn't the problem with both the Rangers and the Yankees that Braun has full no-trade rights, and seemingly is only interested in moving to California? I'm sure there are several other teams that both could use Braun, and have the players to reach a deal with the Brewers, but that don't interest Braun.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:19 AM Post
I said this before(before he went on the DL) and I will say it again...this thread/conversation is completely pointless if he doesn't start playing more and at least pretend to be healthy. He has played(in the field) in only 58% of our games. That has no trade value whatsoever. It isn't even worth talking about trading him if this is how it is going to be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:20 AM Post
That would be the assumption but what do we really know, we don't know him. Maybe in their talks he said he's open to consider anything and reserves the right to say No later when the situation is presented to him. Maybe he said he'd like to get to a winner and to the AL before he's too old to be a major contributor. Jabronis like us don't really know what they've talked about.

I'd think TX, NYY, and Bos would all make more sense in the offseason than at deadline though. But who knows, all have nearly unlimited budgets. TX at least plays the Angels three times a year in LA too and he knows a few guys on the team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:23 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
That would be the assumption but what do we really know, we don't know him.

There was a pretty legitimate that his preferences were #1 Dodgers #2 Brewers #3 the rest. Ryan Braun isn't interested in any benefits to waive the no trade protection. At one point he sounded like, if it made sense for him still, he would do it if the Brewers if they really wanted to trade him. Still making sense probably means still out west and I highly doubt anywhere on the east coast.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:27 AM Post
No idea, but I know I'm 100% on board with him being traded, if we can get even a decent package in return. I'm confident enough in our OF depth, between Perez, Brinson, Phillips, and Cordell.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 23, 2017, 10:31 AM Post
Yea that all makes sense. But again, we don't 'know' that, it's just speculation and who knows how much gray area he left to it all. He could've easily said essentially that as his preference, but present him with the scenarios and he'll decide at the time since things can change. More lingering injuries like he's having could make him come around to AL, if the team was playing terrible could make him open to something else, if the team he'd be going to is a clear cut title fave or contender, etc.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 6:40 AM Post
lock this thread down...there is nothing more to be said.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 6:50 AM Post
turborickey said:
lock this thread down...there is nothing more to be said.

Maybe not right now, but until they actually trade him or come out and say they're not, Braun trade speculation will remain.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 7:02 AM Post
The fact the Brewers look pretty decent and might be able to compete sometime in the next 4 years really doesn't help matters of getting him to prefer elsewhere. SO BOOM. Something new to be said.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:13 AM Post
Plus there might be something brewing between him, Counsell, Mark A and Bernie himself. Just speculating but they all four might have a lot of stuff festering between them. I'm on the edge of my seat to see this thing play out.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:39 AM Post
Braun's trade value is dead in the water anyway until he can actually establish himself as healthy for an extended period of time. I see he made it a whole 2 games this time coming off his latest injury before needing to be out of the lineup again.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 35  Next  [ 683 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply