LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 247 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, eventually, 6-3]

Offline  Re: 2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: May 19, 2017, 9:42 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Franklin is as good as gone IMO, especially if Sogard can play LF.

5 for 18 as a pinch hitter gives him an opportunity to be on this ball team.

Well, they have Guerra and Braun returning next week, so moves will have to be made, gotta think that one of them will come from the bench.

Sogard and Franklin seem pretty interchangeable to me, don't think they really need both. With as hot as Sogard has been it's hard for me to see them sending him back down now, but if they want to keep both they might have to. Otherwise I would have to think one of the two moves is DFA Franklin.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017-05-19: Brewers (Espino/MLB debut) at Cubs (Butler) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: May 20, 2017, 1:06 AM Post
markedman5 said:
So Feliz is basically the last man in the pen now........

I totally forgot he was even on the team, he's quickly become the forgotten man in the pen.

If Wily pitches how we hope, Feliz only gets buried further in the pen. On the other hand, if he puts it together and becomes who we hoped, all of the sudden our pen looks like a strength.

I wanted Greg Holland, we had interest in him and he'd look good right now. With that said I can't believe he got the potential $15M player option for a second year and I can't blame Stearns for not wanting to touch that offer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 4:39 AM Post
trwi7 said:
Can we sign Ben Sheets to pitch one more game and have Bandy catch him? I want a Benny and the Jett battery.

[laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 4:43 AM Post
adambr2 said:
It's so hilarious watching professional major league baseball players turn into giant babies over bat flips.

Why do they get ballistic over that? Do they consider that action is showing the other team up? Maybe their pitcher shouldn't be throwing cookies over the plate?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 4:47 AM Post
adambr2 said:
We've seen the 'Aguilar thought he was robbed on the HR' footage at least a dozen times, Fox.

Does Aguilar ever smile? He looks pissed all the time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 4:48 AM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
Kinda hate that Sogard went after the first pitch there. Montgomery just struggling to find the strike zone. Really bailed him out.

Why do hitters in situations like this even bother to swing when the pitcher can't find the strike zone to save his life?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 20, 2017, 8:22 AM Post
Pugger said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
Kinda hate that Sogard went after the first pitch there. Montgomery just struggling to find the strike zone. Really bailed him out.

Why do hitters in situations like this even bother to swing when the pitcher can't find the strike zone to save his life?

Because it goes both ways. A pitcher who is struggling to hit corners and walks a few guys can think the batter might be in that exact thought process.. so the first pitch very well might be a "get me over" strike. If that is the case you just let a batting practice fastball go down the middle when it should be bouncing off a outfield wall somewhere and we should have two more runs.

The other thing I will say is that it is always easy to notice when it doesn't work "Why was he swinging?!" .. and not notice when it works. Had Sogard smashed a 2 RBI single right there the box score would have shown a single with 2 RBI and we would have been praising Sogard for keeping his hot streak going ... but no one would mention the awareness Sogard had to hijack a struggling pitcher who was trying to steal a strike to get some momentum.

For the record, I actually agree with you in that I wouldn't have swung... but when you are swinging as well as Sogard is I just shrug and say "that's too bad" that it didn't work out.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 247 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply