LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

JA Happ

Offline  Re: JA Happ

Posted: July 17, 2017, 12:19 PM Post
Sounds like they're playing hard to get with Happ based on reports so far, which suggests to me the Brewers should move on and focus on other targets. I'm really not interested in Happ if the price gets too high, and maybe if we back off a bit they might soften.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 17, 2017, 12:27 PM Post
He 34 sorry pass

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 17, 2017, 12:41 PM Post
Does a package of Keon Broxton/Freddy Peralta get a deal done with Toronto, or does that not even come close? If not, I'd probably take a hard pass on Happ as I really don't think he's worth giving up any of our top prospects. I don't know if they have a need in the OF right now, but Broxton could give them a controllable piece that has already had some MLB success. Then, we could go with a Brinson/Phillips platoon in CF the rest of the way. Not sure what either one of them would give us offensively, but I'd have to think that it wouldn't be too big of a dropoff from what we are getting with Broxton now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 17, 2017, 3:49 PM Post
Happ has far longer recent success than Gray does. Probably below a 3.5ERA since Aug 14th of 2015. Pitching for Pitts in '15 and Toronto since 2016...in the AL East you know. That's 54 Games started of production. Toronto would be better served to trade him during this stretch considering his age, and injury risk. If they wait for him to next season to trade he could end up hurt or age regression to a 4+ ERA and lost value. I would give up something good for him because production including playoffs could net the Brewers a similar return if doing so in the offseason should you not want him for 2018.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply