LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Madison Bumgarner???

Offline  Re: Madison Bumgarner???

Posted: July 13, 2017, 10:55 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
Bumgarner is a once in a generational pitcher with a hall of fame starter kit resume.

No way can they turn down 3 Top 100 prospects??? Lol

Only 1 in 3 top 100 prospects make an impact in the Majors and less than 1 in 10 become stars

If the Giants agree to trade Madison for 3 players, Arcia would qualify as maybe the 3rd piece in the deal. Possibly Brinson.

The players that would fit the bill on the first two headliners, the Brewers simply don't own.

I'm pretty confident that if we absolutely blew them away and offered, for example, Arcia, Brinson, Santana, Hader, and Diaz, they'd bite. That's 3 high prospects plus 2 very good young controlled MLB regulars.

But there's no way of knowing, nor would I want us to offer that.

I agree that Brinson+Woodruff +Ortiz+Dubon+PTBNL isn't going to get it done.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 14, 2017, 6:42 AM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
The Giants would 100% walk away from that offer.

The White Sox nearly got that much for LHP Jose Quintana.

The price for Bumgarner would be considerably higher without a doubt.

Youre crazy. Cubs didnt part with 3 top 60prospects. And a 4th top ten in their system.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Madison Bumgarner???

Posted: July 14, 2017, 7:25 AM Post
If you really wanted Madison Bumgarner it would take something like

Orlando Arcia
Domingo Santana
Josh Hader
(two of)Diaz/Dubon/Erceg/F. Peralta

It would likely look similar to when we traded for Greinke. Except Bumgarner has a way better track record and we get him an extra half year. Not to mention he is a beast in the postseason and teams would go nuts for that. It might even need to be more since Arcia(yet) and Santana are not stars.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 14, 2017, 7:43 AM Post
A good chunk of Bum's value to the Giants is sentimental but after throwing so many innings, he's got to be close to the downslope of his career even though he's almost 28. I'm sure his downslope will still be well above average but I can't imagine he's going to a shutdown ace much longer.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Madison Bumgarner???

Posted: July 14, 2017, 9:10 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
A good chunk of Bum's value to the Giants is sentimental but after throwing so many innings, he's got to be close to the downslope of his career even though he's almost 28. I'm sure his downslope will still be well above average but I can't imagine he's going to a shutdown ace much longer.

That's an interesting viewpoint on him when he only has 1,400 innings Zack Greinke going strong at 2,800 innings. Clayton Keyshaw going strong at 1,900. I guess you are thinking he will follow in Justin Verlander's footsteps? I wouldn't be overly concerned about the innings, but I see where you are coming from. Helps he just got a lot of time off to rest his arm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 14, 2017, 2:39 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
jerichoholicninja said:

That's an interesting viewpoint on him when he only has 1,400 innings Zack Greinke going strong at 2,800 innings. Clayton Keyshaw going strong at 1,900. I guess you are thinking he will follow in Justin Verlander's footsteps? I wouldn't be overly concerned about the innings, but I see where you are coming from. Helps he just got a lot of time off to rest his arm.

Zack had a year off with KC and has talked about how he doesn't go 100% every pitch. Not sure if those totals include postseason or not but they Bum hard every time they get there. And, sure, some guys can be quite effective into their early 30's. For every Kershaw there's a Verlander or King Felix who hit a wall at a relatively young age from overuse.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply