LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Predict the Brewers 1st Post All Star Game Trade

Offline  Re: Predict the Brewers 1st Post All Star Game Trade

Posted: July 11, 2017, 11:08 PM Post
Peralta keeps growing/performing like this rest of season. His value will be much higher in off season or next July (sadly CS kills that a bit)

Feliciano's value not close to what it could be in two years. Could be Mejia. Got trades treating him like a back end throw in. 18 year old who made all-star game, who has probably been closest thing to consistent bat in Wisconsin. Robertson makes it almost acceptable.

I believe in Stearns that he will not bend to demands or devalue worth of prospects. Unless it is a true Ace who will anchor this staff, not worth selling off prospects before they reach true value. Guys like Clark, Felciano, Diaz, Peralta, and etc. haven't even touched surface of what value could be. Good for Oakland or White Sox for stealing away these types of guys at a lower value if DS bends to fan pressure of trading away farm for non elite players

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 12:29 AM Post
Brewers trade Lewis Brinson, Brandon Woodruff & Josh Pennington to Chicago for

Jose Quintana

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:45 AM Post
While this maybe a fun activity, I don't want to see the Brewers really trade for anyone. I see 4 things that could go terribly wrong.

1) We may not make the playoffs.
2) We may trade for a Marcum, Wolf, and hold it......... Jeff Suppan.
3) We will see our prospects that were traded become the next All Stars.
4) We could go right back to mediocrity in 3 years because our farm was depleted again.

I really see option 2) as the worst case reality that holds the most potential of coming true.

What I want to see is if Suter and Woodruff can pitch for us this year. I would also like to see Hader eased into a starting position by the end of August with a spot start here and there vs lesser teams to see what he is capable of for at least 5 innings. And if the Crew does trade for a pitcher, I want to see it as a last hour proposal with the hopes that the other team is desperate and the Brewers get the best possible deal.

The Good News is that Stearns has made great deals and understands real value as a seller. And as a buyer I believe he will be just as stringent.

It wouldn't surprise me that the Brewers actually become sellers, or at least looks to become a seller of one of our major pieces. An example would be Broxton for a set of minor league pitchers who maybe brought up ASAP to contribute now. Whether it be bullpen or as a starter. That to me would be the most brilliant of all moves, but would take some extensive and savvy scouting. There seems to be plenty of pitchers in Triple A farm systems that are at that 24-28 age range who could fit that bill. If Woodruff was on another team's farm system right now, this is exactly the type of player the Crew could go after with that aforementioned strategy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:09 AM Post
Brewers trade Keon Broxton to Toronto for JA Happ

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:34 AM Post
Brewers get RP David Hernandez from the Angels

Angels get SP Taylor Jungmann, OF Monte Harrison from Milwaukee

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 7:03 AM Post
beekay414 said:

Damn, you stole mine

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 7:13 AM Post
Justin Wilson for Diaz and Woodruff

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 7:57 AM Post
Ray, Woodruff, Diaz, Medeiros, and Harrison to the White Sox for Quintana and Robertson.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 8:51 AM Post
Brewers get: RP Darren O'Day, 3B Jomar Reyes

Oriole's get: OF Corey Ray, P Trey Supak, P Corbin Burnes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 9:35 AM Post
beekay414 said:

I'm not on board with adding a starter. But this is one I am ok with. Clears the spot for Brinson, adds a starter with control next year that we might be able to trade and replace a Broxton level player (when we acquired him).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 9:45 AM Post
I don't want to see Brinson traded. I think he has the best shot of being a superstar type player.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 10:36 AM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
The more I see these trades, the more I cringe. Many of these prospects haven't hit AA yet, are young, have struggled, and values aren't as high as they can be if we wait. Selling low on guys while cleaning out system is even more painful.

I'm more for trading log jam prospects that there is no room for or guys who will need to be protected but there won't be spot for. Like hate to lose Phillips but may be no room for him. Guys in A+ aren't even blocked yet & have lower weight in trades. Like DS has talked about in deals... target younger, you get more value because they carry less than higher up prospects.

Obviously some of the prospects that are down are not going to bounce back. If someone knew, they would be GM of the year annually. So their current value is their value, and that is what you have to trade with. Now you may know that a player was nursing a bad wrist all season, or something akin, so you wouldn't trade them as you are pretty sure they will come back.

I do agree that we need to try and trade from the logjam that is the OF. Try to push OFers. Hopefully someone gives us value for Cooper. I wouldn't mind if 2 of Broxton, Brinson, Phillips, Cordell, Ray, Clark were traded. I don't see Braun being moved, so we always need a good 4th guy to be ready (which could be Perez). But Santana should be the RF for another 2.5 years before he is traded for max value. All three AAA OFers are probably ready for their chance in MLB next season.

Last edited by Roderick on July 12, 2017, 10:47 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 10:40 AM Post
Brewers trade:

Jesus Aguilar
Yadiel Rivera
Tyler Cravy
Demi Orrmoloye

Yankees trade:

Justus Sheffield

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 11:56 AM Post
Brewers get 2018 International Slot Pool Money from the Orioles

Orioles get SP Cameron Roegner from Milwaukee

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:45 PM Post
Kyle Barraclough

for

Maverick and Kodi

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 8:05 PM Post
For some reason I have a hunch Stroman is their target. I'll say:

Brinson
Hader
Dubon
Plus high upside pitcher at High A or lower

For Stroman and Joe Smith

Way too much to give in my book, but just going with my gut.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Predict the Brewers 1st Post All Star Game Trade

Posted: July 12, 2017, 8:47 PM Post
Ryan Cordell and Jorge Lopez for Addison Reed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 8:49 PM Post
I'm daring to be different lol. I'll say that Verlander will decide to waive his no trade clause. To be in a pennant race again.

Brewers trade with: Tigers

Brewers recieve: Verlander and a RP, (with Detroit picking up "X" $ amount of Verlanders remaining contract)

Tigers recieve: Phillips, Cordell/Cooper, Medeiros, Bickford/Yamamoto, Orimoloye, and possibly a PTBNL (maybe a 5th-15th rd draft pick from this years draft. Once they're allowed to be traded.)

Be honest now, many of us would really appreciate seeing Kate Upton in the stands LOL

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 9:25 PM Post
Brewers get: $10 voucher for big ass pretzel with (2) cheese cups

Kelly's Bleachers gets: Andrew Savee (Top 100 right handed bags player)

In case either side is apprehensive about pulling the trigger I think Stearns steps in and makes 2 separate trades, both involving humans

Edit: Stearns targets Jake McGee, Dustin McGowan, Bryan Shaw, Addison Reed, Ryan Madson type rentals (adds 1-2 of these guys to shore up the pen). He also targets 1 SP along the lines of Jamie Garcia, Alex Cobb type rentals as insurance policy. Uses Top 15-25 org prospects (including Cooper) - these moves fill the cracks for the division run while keeping the "future" in place. Sept will see Brinson, Phillips, Woodruff and others

Last edited by Humans Need Water on July 13, 2017, 7:59 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 11:35 PM Post
Now THAT'S funny!! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply