LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Tim Dillard (Warning: Don't Click On This If You Value Your Time)

Offline  Tim Dillard (Warning: Don't Click On This If You Value Your Time)

Posted: July 12, 2017, 12:10 PM Post
What could the Brewers get for him?

Personally, I don't really want to trade him unless we can get someone like Bellinger or Judge in return.

Then again we have enough OFers already, so it's kinda pointless if they would both be blocked by Braun anyway.

Dillard is maybe a fringe Top 10 prospect but I did find this list that had him at #11. He even got a B-. That's pretty darn good for someone that only carried a C average throughout High School!

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2006/7/26/133727/213

11) Tim Dillard, RHP, B-
3.33 ERA in 111 innings for Huntsville, 70/31 K/BB. Competent strike-thrower who can start or relieve. Doesn't dominate but gets the job done, at least in the minors.

Let me repeat that...

Doesn't dominate but gets the job done, at least in the minors.

He sure does.

I'd still be willing to move him for a top of the rotation, controlable starter NOT named Sonny Gray. (who sucks BTW)

But I'm worried that if we trade him now, it could set the Brewers rebuild back by a few decades.

What do you fellas think?

Last edited by A Swing and A Drive on July 12, 2017, 3:03 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Tim Dillard

Posted: July 12, 2017, 12:56 PM Post
Not sure this is a serious post

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:12 PM Post
What is this?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:17 PM Post
Tim Dillard is a Top 10 Brewers Minor League Prospect.

Except his list goes to 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSV4OteqBE

Last edited by A Swing and A Drive on July 12, 2017, 2:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:39 PM Post
DocLuna7 said:
What is this?

A strawman, intended to resemble posters who don't want to spend big on pitching at the deadline. Or the ones who overestimate the return we can get for certain prospects. Or both.

Last edited by Lathund on July 12, 2017, 1:40 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Tim Dillard

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:40 PM Post
I'm hoping this gets this guy's account suspended for a bit. Waste of the board space and our time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:40 PM Post
According to Patrick OKennedy, "More than 90 percent of players who are going to "make it" to the major leagues will do so within five seasons of being drafted."

Tim Dillard has been in the minors for 15 years. He's obviously seasoned, having 3x the minor league experience as the normal prospect making the majors.

The average MLB career is 5.6 years.

Extrapolating the numbers, we can easily assume that Tim's MLB career, should it start in earnest later this year, should last (5.6 x 3) at least until 2033, when he's roughly 50 years old.

Why would we trade him now when we have over 16 years of MLB production left?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:43 PM Post
I imagine he is taking a stab at the overrating of prospects by some...or I guess the attachment at the hip some have to prospects. If that is the case maybe not the best example list as that one proved to be loaded with quite a few legit players.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 1:45 PM Post
I'll wait until Humans Need Water gives us his thoughts before I form an opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
People can get very serious about this kind of stuff, so I'm good with a little humor.

I mean, I saw the title of the thread and just smiled. It worked.

Of course, perhaps I'm the wrong guy to chime in. I'm posting videos of baby goats in pajamas in the minor league forum.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:13 PM Post
The goats inspired me.

What can I say?

I'm a UW-Madison grad who was the #1 superfan of The Onion (http://www.theonion.com/) publication that got it's start in Madison.

Thought if nothing else this thread would bring some "Tim Dillard" awareness to some of the younger Brewer fans.

Not many know that the Brewers have had the funniest man in professional sports toiling in their farm system for the last dozen or so years.

His twitter videos are pure gold...

https://twitter.com/DimTillard?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

My apologies if I wasted the time of anyone that doesn't have a sense of humor.

No one could ever withhold the intrigue of clicking on a thread with such a provocative title as "Tim Dillard". lol

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:35 PM Post
I would only trade hime for a scully or uecker in their prime. Kid is gonna be a star.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:37 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
I already have him penciled in as a 2022 Brewers color analyst - no thanks. Unless for Kershaw.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:38 PM Post
Whole thread..... Just Dumb.

Move On.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:53 PM Post
MKEguy said:
According to Patrick OKennedy, "More than 90 percent of players who are going to "make it" to the major leagues will do so within five seasons of being drafted."

Tim Dillard has been in the minors for 15 years. He's obviously seasoned, having 3x the minor league experience as the normal prospect making the majors.

The average MLB career is 5.6 years.

Extrapolating the numbers, we can easily assume that Tim's MLB career, should it start in earnest later this year, should last (5.6 x 3) at least until 2033, when he's roughly 50 years old.

Why would we trade him now when we have over 16 years of MLB production left?

This is what I'm taking about!

Dillard has staying power.

He already tried a Mississippi Mud Ball and throwing Sidearm to extend his career. As soon as he figures out the knuckleball, baseball will never be able to get rid of him!

Last edited by A Swing and A Drive on July 12, 2017, 3:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:53 PM Post
HighHeat19 said:
Whole thread..... Just Dumb.

Move On.

You could have done that already simply by clicking 'Back' or 'Fan Forum' rather than 'Reply.'

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 12, 2017, 2:54 PM Post
Rough crowd. What would these new guys have thought of the WOAH SOLVDD or Menchkins thread? I wish the Menchkins thread was saved, it was fun.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Tim Dillard (Warning: Don't Click On This If You Value Your Time)

Posted: July 12, 2017, 3:41 PM Post
To me this is the perfect light hearted thread when nothing is going on during All Star week, I'm sure Tim Dillard would approve.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 14, 2017, 2:35 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
I'm hoping this gets this guy's account suspended for a bit. Waste of the board space and our time.

I absolutely agree...we must deliver out harsh punishment for attempted humor...especially when it's noted in the title.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 14, 2017, 6:19 AM Post
OnTheBlack said:
liveforoctober said:

I absolutely agree...we must deliver out harsh punishment for attempted humor...especially when it's noted in the title.

Not that I agree about account suspensions, but it wasn't in the title to begin with. It was edited in.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply