LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 45 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Dee Gordon

Offline  Re: Dee Gordon

Posted: November 02, 2017, 5:17 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

I think Miami would accept 2 prospects in the 12-20 range in our system. The brewers have 14-15 guys that would fit into the top 10 in almost any system aside from ours. Diplan and Gatewood might get it done. If they don't want to buy low on someone like Diplan, maybe they accept Supak instead.

I'd guess something like a 3 player package that would include Mauricio Dubon + Cody Ponce or Trey Supak + an attractive fringe prospect like Zack Brown.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 02, 2017, 10:15 PM Post
JosephC said:
KeithStone53151 said:

I think Miami would accept 2 prospects in the 12-20 range in our system. The brewers have 14-15 guys that would fit into the top 10 in almost any system aside from ours. Diplan and Gatewood might get it done. If they don't want to buy low on someone like Diplan, maybe they accept Supak instead.

I'd guess something like a 3 player package that would include Mauricio Dubon + Cody Ponce or Trey Supak + an attractive fringe prospect like Zack Brown.

Dubon seems like a perfect fit for Gordon trade. Ponce is too expensive on his own. Trey Supak/Zack Brown do complete a combo or trio to pair with Dubon when taking on Gordon's contract.

Ponce is a 1st round SP talent. He's steadily improving and primed for a breakout year. His trade value to me is growing and trading him this offseason is selling low on him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 03, 2017, 10:01 AM Post
That's why I'd be looking at moving someone like Jungmann, Guerra, or Wilkerson. Miami needs some MLB starters, and the Crew does have a slight surplus of folks who if nothing else, will be cheaper than guys who posted 6+ ERAs. Matt Garza would have been a huge improvement for the Marlins.

If the Crew takes Gordon's whole salary, then I don't want to offer more than Jungmann, Guerra, or Wilkerson or a package of two of them.

Now, I'd go Woodruff/Thames for a Gordon/Bour package that included one or two top 30 prospects from their system.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 03, 2017, 10:09 AM Post
clancyphile said:
If the Crew takes Gordon's whole salary, then I don't want to offer more than Jungmann, Guerra, or Wilkerson or a package of two of them.

$36 million for 3 years for a good player is not some sort of salary where the Marlins are just going to give Gordon away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 03, 2017, 4:29 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
clancyphile said:

$36 million for 3 years for a good player is not some sort of salary where the Marlins are just going to give Gordon away.

Who knows with the new ownership really. They seem like they want to slash payroll however they can.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 45 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply