LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Chris Archer

Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 21, 2018, 4:47 PM Post
The brewers need to get better with driving in run on base with less than 2 outs. But still think our rotation is the worry spot

Posted: March 21, 2018, 6:40 PM Post
DocLuna7 said:
A Swing and A Drive said:
I personally didn't want to waste giving up a high draft pick for just one year of Lynn. If it was for multiple years, maybe.

The Brewers window to contend is not just 2018.

In fact, I think we need to accept that the window likely won't open until 2019.

Maybe Stearns and the front office already think this.

That's why getting some invaluable MLB innings for Woodruff and Burnes this year while Nelson gets healthy won't be the worst thing in the world.

Yep. Agree with the window really starting in 2019. I think that’s exactky why we didn’t pick up a pitcher at last year’s trade deadline and exactly why we didn’t overpay for Arrieta or Cobb this offseason.

Agreed on no 4th for a rental Lynn.

So 2019, where would cobb be going? Wouldn't he be under contract through 2021? Wonder who we'll pay more for next year and if he'll be as good. Maybe we just hold tight at 100mil because we are cheap. Maybe we trade our farm for a better option then squirm to fill out the roster because we just traded our farm away. Will be fun to see which reality proves true.

Pretty clear to see this teams short as is. On record not wanting a crazy package sent for the K fip king.

Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 21, 2018, 7:20 PM Post

Posted: March 21, 2018, 7:54 PM Post
Yup, that's on them.

Posted: March 21, 2018, 9:36 PM Post
We could just take up being fans of the Orioles so we can watch superstar ace pitcher Alex Cobb singlehandedly carry them to a WS title. That's an option.

Posted: March 21, 2018, 10:28 PM Post
SeaBass said:
We could just take up being fans of the Orioles so we can watch superstar ace pitcher Alex Cobb singlehandedly carry them to a WS title. That's an option.

You go too far but I'll be watching them.

Not like this'll be settled for 4 years anyway. If year 1s good I'll hear oh yeah but 3-4 will suck. Then balt will trade him away showing it was for the money... and if he puts up 10 war in 3 years but a 4.3 era in year 4 I'll get the told ya so's. [laughing]

Posted: March 22, 2018, 10:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
I hope to have better things to do in 4 years that discuss Cobb signing with the Orioles. Especially in the Chris Archer thread...

Posted: March 22, 2018, 11:24 AM Post
CheezWizHed said:
I hope to have better things to do in 4 years that discuss Cobb signing with the Orioles. Especially in the Chris Archer thread...

I hope that in 4 years, we will be discussing the World Series Champion Milwaukee Brewers, and Cobb will be disappointed he didn't take our offer...

Posted: March 22, 2018, 5:33 PM Post
Boomer5 said:
The rotation isn’t good enough to compete with the Cubs. At all. I’m not sure Cobb, Lynn, or even Archer changes that but it would certainly get us closer.

Losing Jimmy really stings and no, Chacin and his away from Petco stats say he will be a batting practice pitcher in Miller.

Stearns seems pretty content to leave the rotation in this condition. I’m sure there’s a story behind the scenes why the team went hard after Cain and Yelich then raised the white flag.

You said it yourself. The likes of Cobb/Lynn and even Archer don't even change that the Cubs' rotation is better than the Brewers.

There are 2 top 100 pitchers the Brewers can pull from. Woodruff maybe from opening day.

Newsflash to most here that argue our pitching isn't enough to compete with the Cubs. Maybe 3 or 4 teams in all of MLB have the pitching to compete with the Cubs.

So I am all for the approach to improve the offense that Stearns took in getting Cain and Yelich. Cain is clearly an upgrade over the team's CF options. Yelich is a game changer. There doesn't need to be a spot for him as he is better than anything Milwaukee had. Pulling that trade off is remarkable. The hit on the Brewers minors was they don't have Studs just quanity with some quality. Yelich is 5 years of complete stud in his prime. He's been 77 OPS points better on the road vs his home stats in his career. 81 games becomes 3 or 4 in a season now for him.

The regular season is 162 games and the team is better in many areas that were questionable going in to last season. Be patient many on this team is controlled for 3+ years. And the minors is better today than probably it's been since I began watching Brewer games in 1985. It's going to be a fun, winning year that most likely ends being playoff bound.

Posted: March 22, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
I think most Brewer fans understand this Rotation is good to compete with the Cubs or Cards rotation. But the Brewers should be fun and hope their Rotation can hold up.

Posted: April 09, 2018, 2:28 PM Post
Archer sure has not gotten off to a great start this season:

16 IP, 17 H, 11 ER, 6 BB, 20 K

Stearns go get him at a discount!

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
I glad Burns is still with the crew

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:32 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:

Heck, he'd fit right in!

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
How's the velocity? I saw some of one of their games, their team is really really bad and should have no chance this year so I'm sure he'll be a hot name at the deadline if he's around his career norms.

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:57 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
How's the velocity? I saw some of one of their games, their team is really really bad and should have no chance this year so I'm sure he'll be a hot name at the deadline if he's around his career norms.

Down 1 mph, still giving up a ton of hard contact and nearly 28% of the contact is line drives. But hey, at least his FIP is under 4 and xFIP is under 3.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: April 09, 2018, 8:38 PM Post
He'd fit right in with that line here.

Posted: April 10, 2018, 5:40 PM Post

who cares how many runs he gives up, look at that K/BB rate!

Posted: April 12, 2018, 7:47 AM Post
Devinep said:

Team-friendly deal yo.

Posted: April 12, 2018, 11:31 AM Post
Devinep said:

This made me laugh out loud!

[laughing]

Posted: April 27, 2018, 6:38 AM Post
and he continues to get lit up...

Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply