LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Chris Archer

Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: December 21, 2017, 9:23 PM Post
wallus said:
turborickey said:
I can't wait for him to be off the market so this thread can die a peaceful death...

Don't click on the thread maybe?

Yeah I don't get it. "I don't like this idea, so I don't want ANYone to talk about it." ?

Posted: December 22, 2017, 8:48 AM Post
mlloyd10 said:
I could see the Yankees getting him - Frazier/Adams/Andujar

Yankees are reportedly zeroing in on Cole but I wouldn't put it past them. Price for Archer is high, or he'd be a Cub by now. I think they'd rather hold on to him than lower their price.

Posted: December 22, 2017, 9:05 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
mlloyd10 said:
I could see the Yankees getting him - Frazier/Adams/Andujar

Yankees are reportedly zeroing in on Cole but I wouldn't put it past them. Price for Archer is high, or he'd be a Cub by now. I think they'd rather hold on to him than lower their price.

The Cubs don't have the pieces necessary to land Archer. They are likely looking for prospects in return, otherwise they have no reason to trade a guy with 4 years of team control. guys they'd be getting from the Cubs would be mlb players that have maybe 4 years of team control and aren't as valuable.

Posted: December 22, 2017, 9:57 AM Post
If I'm the Rays and I could get Javier Baez, Ian Happ, RHP-Adbert Alzolay, OF-Mark Zagunis for Archer and throw in Span and make the Cubs eat the rest of that contract...that's a deal I would do.

Rays:
C-Ramos
1B- ?
2B-Baez
3B-Arroyo
SS-Adames
LF-Happ
CF-Kiermaier
RF-Souza
DH-Dickerson

SP - Odorizzi, Snell, Honeywell, De Leon, (Faria, Andriese, Pruitt)

Too much youth to win right now but would definitely be an interesting and exciting team to watch if some of those youngsters come through.

Cubs now lack prospects but still have enough young major league pieces to get necessary deals done. I'd guess talk of an Archer/Cubs deal is just posturing by the Cubs. They probably do want Cobb and Cobb is still in the mode of asking for an extra one or two years that he's not going to get. Once his demands become reasonable, I think he'll be a Cub and their pitching staff will be set.

Posted: December 22, 2017, 11:22 AM Post
The Cubs biggest trade chip is arguably Kyle Schwarber to an AL club where he can DH.

Posted: December 26, 2017, 2:37 PM Post
To myself each day...stay calm and trust David. Stay calm and trust David....

Posted: December 26, 2017, 5:55 PM Post
Don't understand the allure of Baez and Schwarber. If they're playing for a team like Kansas City or Oakland they would be classified as just average players unlikely to reach their potential ceiling.

Posted: December 31, 2017, 10:14 PM Post
https://216stitches.org/2017/12/15/chris-archer-milwaukee-brewers-trade/

Do this deal tonight please...

Posted: December 31, 2017, 10:28 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:

I've been on the fence about Archer's true value, but even I think that would be too good to not take the chance on. I'd be shocked if TB did it though...

Posted: December 31, 2017, 10:57 PM Post

No doubt, I was expecting the list to begin with Brinson, Ortiz, Burnes, plus two for Archer.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 12:05 AM Post
Global Moderator

Broxton, Ray and Burnes is light for Archer in my opinion. And they don't really need Broxton as they have one of the best defensive CFers in the game in Kiermaier.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 12:08 AM Post
I would hate to part with Burnes but I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Which is why it's probably not nearly enough.

I highly doubt Archer to Milwaukee is possible without either Brinson or Santana headed to Tampa.

Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: January 01, 2018, 8:22 AM Post
If that trade was realistic Stearns would have made that deal like a month ago!

Posted: January 01, 2018, 8:36 AM Post
This looks like its based upon Ray at the start of 2017 and not the end. Its also based upon Broxton having normal risk when that is unlikely. Broxton is weird in that his zone judgement is not bad, he just can't make contact in the zone. He beat out Chris Carter and his terrible year for the worst zone% for those with more than 200 PAs. Its hard to value him going forward. Its also questionable why Tampa would want a player in their prime if they are rebuilding.

There could be a way to get Archer without including Brinson (I don't know why Tampa would want Santana if they are rebuilding) but it would take basically everything else. Something like:

Burnes
Harrison
Diaz
Dubon
and then throw ins like Villar or Susac

Posted: January 01, 2018, 8:49 AM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
The Cubs biggest trade chip is arguably Kyle Schwarber to an AL club where he can DH.

Not sure if that applies to a team in a rebuild like the Rays. If Rays trade Archer, they are clearly in a total rebuild. Schwarber is Arby eligible next year. Ian Happ would make more sense, but in any deal involving Archer, they'll want a pitching prospect who's at least ranked in top 60 if not the top 40, and the Cubs simply have none. Montgomery and Happ won't get it done.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 11:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
My thinking is close to what endaround is saying. To get Archer I think it takes one of Burnes, Ortiz or Woodruff, and one of the better OF prospects, plus Isan Diaz.

I think Harrison makes sense, I suspect TB would be picking from Grisham, Harrison, and Ray - maybe Milwaukee lets go of Brinson or Phillips, but those two have a chance to help in 2018, so my guess is they’d try to keep them if they can.

I’m at, SP prospect, Harrison and Diaz for Archer, if it takes more, in either direction, they’re not the names we think of first.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 12:36 PM Post
Completely agree. I think a realistic packaged should be Harrison, Ortiz and Diaz for Archer

Posted: January 01, 2018, 2:12 PM Post
All those offers are way, way, way too small for a player like Archer. He should bring around the same amount of prospect surplus value back that the White Sox got for Quintana, absolute minimum of 85 million but more likely right in the area of 100 million. Best offer so far is probably Harrison, Ortiz and Diaz. Absolute max ranking for those players at this time would be to list Harrison and Diaz as 76-100 hitters and Ortiz as a 51-75 pitcher on the top 100 prospects list. Even if each of them carried that status the surplus value would only add up to 66.06 million. On the flip side, if Ortiz is a 76-100 pitcher and Harrison and Diaz are not considered top 100 prospects the surplus value would only add up to 40.76 million. Take the best and worst scenarios and split the difference and the Harrison/Ortiz/Diaz package would total 53.41 million in prospect surplus value which to me seems like a pretty fair number. But that number is still only about half of what it would take to land Archer IMO.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 3:39 PM Post
You could include Woodruff if you plan on signing Cobb/Lynn/Arietta. I am not sure that is the best way for a small market team to build a roster but if TB really likes Woodruff it is an option.

Maybe something like Woodruff, Harrison and Diaz.

Posted: January 01, 2018, 7:12 PM Post
I, personally, would not include Corbin Burnes as part of an Archer trade. I think Burnes has the potential to be a very very special starting pitcher for the Brewers. Archer has the potential to be a good solid 3.50-3.75 ERA starting pitcher. Burnes might someday be an ace. I want him in a Brewers uniform for 5.5-6 years...

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply