LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Chris Archer

Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 7:40 AM Post
Rays top pitching prospect Honeywell needs Tommy John. Doubt that changes anything regarding plans for Archer, but perhaps.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 7:42 AM Post
Seems that now more than ever they’d want Burnes in a deal.

Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:01 AM Post
Global Moderator
StCroixCtyBrewer said:

Woodruff might work as well. He could step right into the rotation.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:26 AM Post
reillymcshane said:
StCroixCtyBrewer said:

This isn't to suggest that the Rays are more likely to deal Archer, right? You guys are just speculating on the potential package?

Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:31 AM Post
brewerhuman said:
reillymcshane said:
StCroixCtyBrewer said:

This isn't to suggest that the Rays are more likely to deal Archer, right? You guys are just speculating on the potential package?

Correct.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:51 AM Post
Yeah, if anything I now expect them to trade him even LESS. The only way it makes more sense to trade him is if they get some guys who will be around longer but are not too far away (like Woodruff.) The only way they are MORE likely to trade him is if they feel this injury pushes back their window a year and Archer no longer fits in it.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:58 AM Post
Dadbauer said:
Yeah, if anything I now expect them to trade him even LESS. The only way it makes more sense to trade him is if they get some guys who will be around longer but are not too far away (like Woodruff.) The only way they are MORE likely to trade him is if they feel this injury pushes back their window a year and Archer no longer fits in it.

Honestly I think it has to push Archer being traded. They simply won't compete while he is there. They need prospects. We just dont know if they like our prospects enough it if they want to wait until the trade deadline when the market might be greater

Posted: February 23, 2018, 9:00 AM Post
Dadbauer said:
Rays top pitching prospect Honeywell needs Tommy John. Doubt that changes anything regarding plans for Archer, but perhaps.

Just wow. Read the MLBTR. 10 pitches in a batting practice session. You go your whole offseason and get going for the new year, that anticipation, and 10 on the side pitches end all hopes for 2018 and to start the season in '19. He was knocking on the door and with this he's not even on a ML pre-arb contract. I looked for his Draft profile. Wow. He went 72nd to the Rays. Nowhere will you find him mentioned as a top 100 predraft draft prospect. Whoever had the balls to convince to not only draft Honeywell, but do so overslot is Legend Scouting.

Posted: February 23, 2018, 9:17 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Dadbauer said:

Just wow. Read the MLBTR. 10 pitches in a batting practice session. You go your whole offseason and get going for the new year, that anticipation, and 10 on the side pitches end all hopes for 2018 and to start the season in '19. He was knocking on the door and with this he's not even on a ML pre-arb contract. I looked for his Draft profile. Wow. He went 72nd to the Rays. Nowhere will you find him mentioned as a top 100 predraft draft prospect. Whoever had the balls to convince to not only draft Honeywell, but do so overslot is Legend Scouting.

One of his main offerings is a screwball and that places a lot of torque on the elbow. I don't want to say it was bound to happen but it was definitely more likely with that pitch.

Posted: March 11, 2018, 2:56 PM Post
Is this still an option if Cobb goes to Baltimore?

Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
brewerhuman said:
Is this still an option if Cobb goes to Baltimore?

Was never reported as a real possibility

edit: deleted the last part. no need to go there

Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:05 PM Post
Wasn't Nightengale on MLB Network a little while ago speculating that they might take another run at him? I know that's not a report, but I don't think it's totally false either.

Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
brewerhuman said:
Wasn't Nightengale on MLB Network a little while ago speculating that they might take another run at him? I know that's not a report, but I don't think it's totally false either.

I have not found any reports linking Brewers to Archer. Pure speculation cause of fit.

Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:15 PM Post
i don't think the brewers are going to move more prospects at this point

Posted: March 20, 2018, 4:41 PM Post
BUMP

Posted: March 20, 2018, 4:52 PM Post
Richard Justice not letting it go either. From his article, "Decision day: Tough calls for all 30 clubs"

"Brewers
General manager David Stearns is running out of time to add a starting pitcher, and maybe that means he doesn't intend to. But after watching Brent Suter and Wade Miley get roughed up in their most recent starts, here's a friendly reminder that Milwaukee has enough Minor League depth to pry Chris Archer from the Rays."

https://www.mlb.com/news/pressing-decisions-for-all-30-mlb-clubs/c-269118662

Posted: March 20, 2018, 5:40 PM Post
I'm sure there will be a few people here that are just gonna flip the switch from saying they were gonna sign Cobb to now theyre gonna trade for Archer....

Nothings going to happen, you've got what you've got. Might as well just not even go in this section anymore until next off season

Posted: March 20, 2018, 5:56 PM Post
badger3034 said:
I'm sure there will be a few people here that are just gonna flip the switch from saying they were gonna sign Cobb to now theyre gonna trade for Archer....

Nothings going to happen, you've got what you've got. Might as well just not even go in this section anymore until next off season

Archer most likely isn’t happening but that doesn’t mean the offseasons done. There will be quality players cut or out of options that Stearns might see as an upgrade.

Posted: March 20, 2018, 6:09 PM Post
badger3034 said:

Are you a child? Or do you have inside info? Serious question. Because if you don't have inside knowledge of what will come next then you're coming off as a petulant child.

Cobb at $60 million dollars essentially would have had to been the final piece to the puzzle. It wouldn't have left much room to do anything else major. Does anyone here feel comfortable finishing off a contending team with Alex Cobb at 15 per for 4 years?

The tone of your post is "they didn't do what I wanted so that's it, they're never going to do what's necessary to build a contender. I'm taking my ball and going home!"

Posted: March 20, 2018, 6:37 PM Post
I still now think that DS does believes the rotation is good enough. I don't agree but lets see maybe Miley and either Guerra or Sutter can handle the last two spots. Cobb would have helped in my Opinion but let's hope this rotation can get us to the point to be able to make a major move come the deadline.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply