LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Chris Archer

Author Message
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 7:40 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 110
Rays top pitching prospect Honeywell needs Tommy John. Doubt that changes anything regarding plans for Archer, but perhaps.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 7:42 AM Post
Posts: 70
Location: Baldwin, WI
Seems that now more than ever they’d want Burnes in a deal.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:01 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6512
StCroixCtyBrewer said:
Seems that now more than ever they’d want Burnes in a deal.

Woodruff might work as well. He could step right into the rotation.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:26 AM Post
Posts: 25
reillymcshane said:
StCroixCtyBrewer said:
Seems that now more than ever they’d want Burnes in a deal.

Woodruff might work as well. He could step right into the rotation.


This isn't to suggest that the Rays are more likely to deal Archer, right? You guys are just speculating on the potential package?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:31 AM Post
Posts: 2423
brewerhuman said:
reillymcshane said:
StCroixCtyBrewer said:
Seems that now more than ever they’d want Burnes in a deal.

Woodruff might work as well. He could step right into the rotation.


This isn't to suggest that the Rays are more likely to deal Archer, right? You guys are just speculating on the potential package?

Correct.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:51 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 110
Yeah, if anything I now expect them to trade him even LESS. The only way it makes more sense to trade him is if they get some guys who will be around longer but are not too far away (like Woodruff.) The only way they are MORE likely to trade him is if they feel this injury pushes back their window a year and Archer no longer fits in it.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 8:58 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3971
Dadbauer said:
Yeah, if anything I now expect them to trade him even LESS. The only way it makes more sense to trade him is if they get some guys who will be around longer but are not too far away (like Woodruff.) The only way they are MORE likely to trade him is if they feel this injury pushes back their window a year and Archer no longer fits in it.


Honestly I think it has to push Archer being traded. They simply won't compete while he is there. They need prospects. We just dont know if they like our prospects enough it if they want to wait until the trade deadline when the market might be greater


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 9:00 AM Post
Posts: 4107
Dadbauer said:
Rays top pitching prospect Honeywell needs Tommy John. Doubt that changes anything regarding plans for Archer, but perhaps.


Just wow. Read the MLBTR. 10 pitches in a batting practice session. You go your whole offseason and get going for the new year, that anticipation, and 10 on the side pitches end all hopes for 2018 and to start the season in '19. He was knocking on the door and with this he's not even on a ML pre-arb contract. I looked for his Draft profile. Wow. He went 72nd to the Rays. Nowhere will you find him mentioned as a top 100 predraft draft prospect. Whoever had the balls to convince to not only draft Honeywell, but do so overslot is Legend Scouting.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: February 23, 2018, 9:17 AM Post
Posts: 450
brewcrewdue80 said:
Dadbauer said:
Rays top pitching prospect Honeywell needs Tommy John. Doubt that changes anything regarding plans for Archer, but perhaps.


Just wow. Read the MLBTR. 10 pitches in a batting practice session. You go your whole offseason and get going for the new year, that anticipation, and 10 on the side pitches end all hopes for 2018 and to start the season in '19. He was knocking on the door and with this he's not even on a ML pre-arb contract. I looked for his Draft profile. Wow. He went 72nd to the Rays. Nowhere will you find him mentioned as a top 100 predraft draft prospect. Whoever had the balls to convince to not only draft Honeywell, but do so overslot is Legend Scouting.



One of his main offerings is a screwball and that places a lot of torque on the elbow. I don't want to say it was bound to happen but it was definitely more likely with that pitch.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 11, 2018, 2:56 PM Post
Posts: 25
Is this still an option if Cobb goes to Baltimore?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:01 PM Post
Posts: 10
brewerhuman said:
Is this still an option if Cobb goes to Baltimore?

Was never reported as a real possibility

edit: deleted the last part. no need to go there


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:05 PM Post
Posts: 25
Wasn't Nightengale on MLB Network a little while ago speculating that they might take another run at him? I know that's not a report, but I don't think it's totally false either.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:08 PM Post
Posts: 10
brewerhuman said:
Wasn't Nightengale on MLB Network a little while ago speculating that they might take another run at him? I know that's not a report, but I don't think it's totally false either.


I have not found any reports linking Brewers to Archer. Pure speculation cause of fit.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 11, 2018, 3:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9110
i don't think the brewers are going to move more prospects at this point


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 4:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3020
Location: California
BUMP


 Top
 
Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 4:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 419
Richard Justice not letting it go either. From his article, "Decision day: Tough calls for all 30 clubs"

"Brewers
General manager David Stearns is running out of time to add a starting pitcher, and maybe that means he doesn't intend to. But after watching Brent Suter and Wade Miley get roughed up in their most recent starts, here's a friendly reminder that Milwaukee has enough Minor League depth to pry Chris Archer from the Rays."

https://www.mlb.com/news/pressing-decisions-for-all-30-mlb-clubs/c-269118662


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 5:40 PM Post
Posts: 129
I'm sure there will be a few people here that are just gonna flip the switch from saying they were gonna sign Cobb to now theyre gonna trade for Archer....

Nothings going to happen, you've got what you've got. Might as well just not even go in this section anymore until next off season


 Top
 
Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 5:56 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10268
Location: Milwaukee, WI
badger3034 said:
I'm sure there will be a few people here that are just gonna flip the switch from saying they were gonna sign Cobb to now theyre gonna trade for Archer....

Nothings going to happen, you've got what you've got. Might as well just not even go in this section anymore until next off season

Archer most likely isn’t happening but that doesn’t mean the offseasons done. There will be quality players cut or out of options that Stearns might see as an upgrade.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 6:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1518
badger3034 said:
I'm sure there will be a few people here that are just gonna flip the switch from saying they were gonna sign Cobb to now theyre gonna trade for Archer....

Nothings going to happen, you've got what you've got. Might as well just not even go in this section anymore until next off season


Are you a child? Or do you have inside info? Serious question. Because if you don't have inside knowledge of what will come next then you're coming off as a petulant child.

Cobb at $60 million dollars essentially would have had to been the final piece to the puzzle. It wouldn't have left much room to do anything else major. Does anyone here feel comfortable finishing off a contending team with Alex Cobb at 15 per for 4 years?

The tone of your post is "they didn't do what I wanted so that's it, they're never going to do what's necessary to build a contender. I'm taking my ball and going home!"


 Top
 
Online  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: March 20, 2018, 6:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9110
I still now think that DS does believes the rotation is good enough. I don't agree but lets see maybe Miley and either Guerra or Sutter can handle the last two spots. Cobb would have helped in my Opinion but let's hope this rotation can get us to the point to be able to make a major move come the deadline.


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
cron
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test