LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Chris Archer

Offline  Re: Chris Archer
Posted: July 19, 2018, 11:12 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
turborickey said:
His ERA has jumped the past 3 years.

His WHIP has gone the same direction, UP!

Hits per 9 innings, yup, UP!

His ERA is 4.41 this season.

WHIP is at 1.381 this season.

Strike-outs per 9 innings is more than 2 less than last year.

He walks a ton of guys, and gives up a LOT of home runs.

Is this an upgrade in any way at all. Unless he comes cheap, REALLY cheap, I still want nothing to do with him. Hopefully Stearns feels the same way.

I truly feel like a lot of this can be attributed to the disappointment of the way that franchise has been run the last few years. He experienced lots of team success immediately when he came to the Majors, and then the Rays have just sort of given up and shed payroll every year. Like some of the quotes from him in Marc Topkin's article above, he wants to win, and the Rays have made it clear the last few years that that is not their priority. Get him to a contending team with guys like Cain, Yelich etc on it, and I believe Archer will shine.

You're right. Hitters will just stop crushing the ball on him because he's on a better team. More likely is he's starting to decline and the Rays missed their chance at getting peak value for him.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: July 20, 2018, 6:47 AM Post
Archer would still be the best pitcher on the Brewers if we got him.

Posted: July 20, 2018, 7:30 AM Post
I will totally agree on that statement

Posted: July 20, 2018, 7:34 AM Post
I have gone back and forth with Archer. I see somebody who needs a change of scenery. And to be plugged in with Derek Johnson... out of the AL East.... and you have what would by far be our ace.

ONLY IF the cost is not INSANE... then yes.. get it done and bring him here please! I had done some digging into his year so far this year and the second half of his starts so far, he has done much much better, and kept the ball in the yard. He also has been getting more groundballs as the year has gone on, so it leads me to think he is getting it figured out.

Again - it depends on the cost. But I'd pay more for him than a lot of other fodder like Hamels, Happ, etc.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  [ 944 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply