LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Relief Pitching Targets

Online  Re: Relief Pitching Targets

Posted: December 12, 2017, 7:19 PM Post
https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/ ... 5094109184

If this is true, that's very disappointing.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Relief Pitching Targets

Posted: December 12, 2017, 7:24 PM Post
Shaw and Reed gone.

DS time to step up and do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 12, 2017, 7:35 PM Post
Heyman is disputing busters report. Hopefully he's right

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 12, 2017, 7:38 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Heyman is disputing busters report. Hopefully he's right

Sounds like signing Tommy Hunter instead.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 1:34 PM Post
Stearns its time to step up!!!

The good relievers are almost gone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 2:41 PM Post
There are some rumblings that Houston is landing Joe Smith...

Joe DeMayo‏
@PSLToFlushing

Hearing Joe Smith is taking a physical with the #Astros and is slated to sign a 2 year deal with the team

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 4:25 PM Post
Another one gone... Nicasio to Seattle.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 4:27 PM Post
Im guessing we probably won't land Reed... I would settle for Cishek... As long as we get Watson as well.

Knebel
Hader
Cishek
Watson
Barnes
Jeffress
Williams or Suter

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 4:28 PM Post
I went through the list of available RP FA, there are 16 guys left that I would like to see the Brewers sign. 9 guys were signed that could have been potential options. Pitchers like Duensing, Watson, Cishek, Reed, Rondon, Benoit, Kintzler, Storen...all still available. There are others that I didn't list, but I really hope we get 1 arm from that group or a similar caliber arm via trade.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 6:12 PM Post
I wonder what a reunion with Zach Duke would cost. He came back from TJ last year and was pretty marginal, but maybe he can reclaim his old form. I don't have a good gauge on what his market value is and whether he'd merit that value, but off hand seems like a guy who could be a bargain.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 6:59 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Hey Feliz is out there. Seriously, those of you wanting to give Villar another chance, the same logic applies to Feliz does in not? He was better with the Royals, and was really good in 2016. He'll be a lot cheaper now too!

Great point. Especially coming from someone who wanted to non-tender Villar after his bad season but LOVES Dee Gordon and Panik - calling Panik an AS caliber player just the other day - even after their brutal 2015/2016 seasons

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 7:31 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
I wonder what a reunion with Zach Duke would cost. He came back from TJ last year and was pretty marginal, but maybe he can reclaim his old form. I don't have a good gauge on what his market value is and whether he'd merit that value, but off hand seems like a guy who could be a bargain.

I would be all in on a 1/4 type deal for duke. He's the lefty I'm hoping we get, with his delivery he's very tough on lefties. We SHOULD have a good enough bullpen as to not need to count on him to face a ton of rh hitters like his last tour with us.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2017, 9:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
JohnBriggs12 said:
Hey Feliz is out there. Seriously, those of you wanting to give Villar another chance, the same logic applies to Feliz does in not?

No it doesn't. Not even close.

Why a team gives one player a chance and not another is determined by many, many factors. To say someone who wants to give Villar another chance should be willing to give Feliz another chance actually defies logic.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 2:00 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I went through the list of available RP FA, there are 16 guys left that I would like to see the Brewers sign. 9 guys were signed that could have been potential options. Pitchers like Duensing, Watson, Cishek, Reed, Rondon, Benoit, Kintzler, Storen...all still available. There are others that I didn't list, but I really hope we get 1 arm from that group or a similar caliber arm via trade.

In that list, it has to be Tony Watson as a perfect set up man for Kneble. He's been doing that most of his career and now has some saves behind him in the worse case scenario that Kneble were injured to boot. 70 IP durability for a backend career seems great to add.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 9:06 AM Post
And Cishek gone... To Cubs.

OMG, come on David!!

You better be getting us Reed then!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 9:12 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
KeithStone53151 said:

In that list, it has to be Tony Watson as a perfect set up man for Kneble. He's been doing that most of his career and now has some saves behind him in the worse case scenario that Kneble were injured to boot. 70 IP durability for a backend career seems great to add.

Watson is part of that group, though that group shrunk to 13 overnight. Demand > supply on relievers...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 10:06 AM Post
BestInTheWorld said:

OMG, come on David!!

Stearns is quoted as saying he's not going to pay the going rate for quality relievers: "Stearns confirmed he made a two year offer to Swarzak but didn't want to guarantee that much money" Swarzak's deal was reasonable compared to the others of quality out there.

Brewers refusal to pay going rate for players when they have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball is an ominous sign. What does he think some prime reliever is going to get overlooked and fall into their laps? That's how you end up with Neftali Feliz. Sure there's plenty of names still out there. Guys like Craig Stammen, Matt Belisle, Tyler Clippard, Drew Storen, Romo etc. But most of those guy are past their primes. Somebody even mentioned Zach Duke. Really? Why not bring back Feliz too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 10:20 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
BestInTheWorld said:

OMG, come on David!!

Stearns is quoted as saying he's not going to pay the going rate for quality relievers: "Stearns confirmed he made a two year offer to Swarzak but didn't want to guarantee that much money" Swarzak's deal was reasonable compared to the others of quality out there.

Brewers refusal to pay going rate for players when they have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball is an ominous sign. What does he think some prime reliever is going to get overlooked and fall into their laps? That's how you end up with Neftali Feliz. Sure there's plenty of names still out there. Guys like Craig Stammen, Matt Belisle, Tyler Clippard, Drew Storen, Romo etc. But most of those guy are past their primes. Somebody even mentioned Zach Duke. Really? Why not bring back Feliz too.

That was me on Zach Duke. I'm not saying to bring him in as a setup guy, I still want one of the higher end relievers below the Davis/Holland tier. But he'd be a reasonable lefty to bring in to help fill middle innings or face Votto/Rizzo late in the game. He's been pretty good the last few years, had some arm issues last year but he's still been pretty effective. I would like to think we can get him on a one year deal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2017, 10:27 AM Post
That was me, and yes really. Comparing him to Feliz is apples to oranges. While not a true LOOGY he is a situational lefty to some degree which is a need, especially if Hader moves to starting (which is my preference.) Duke has remained effective, but had TJ surgery in 2016. He came back last year and despite a jump in ERA his peripherals were solid enough. There's reason to believe he would be effective in 2018 and probably could be signed to a reasonable 1 year deal. The thread title was Relief Pitching Targets and I could certainly see him as a viable one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 15, 2017, 10:06 AM Post
Another one gone... Rondon to Astros.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply