LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next  [ 480 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

J.T. Realmuto

Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 24, 2018, 6:33 PM Post
BadgerBert said:
Hader is not an option for a trade... Especially during the season

He isn’t available at all. He is one of our most valuable players. We would have to get a crazy elite player to ship him in a trade. Like a Chris Sale.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 26, 2018, 7:04 AM Post
wallus said:
The wide ranges of trade proposals is kinda amusing. I can't see any way we get Realmuto without at least giving up one of Burnes/Peralta.

Is Pina, Peralta, Hauser and Ray enough?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:06 AM Post
Heyman with a couple trade ideas for the Brewers.

I would do the Realmuto one now.

https://twitter.com/BrewerNation/status ... 4332491778

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:11 AM Post
I think I'd do Realmuto very quickly. Really, I think I could get behind the Archer one too. tough to move Keston of course, but no pitchers going out in it so I think I would. And it's a long term cost controlled move like Yelich.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:16 AM Post
Mudville9 said:

I'd do both without really thinking twice. Shores up big roster holes with long-term solutions. Prospects are replaceable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:16 AM Post
How about Wilson Ramos? He'd be a lot cheaper. He's a FA next year, but nottingham might be ready for next year?

Not sure what it would take to get him

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:18 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I think I'd do Realmuto very quickly. Really, I think I could get behind the Archer one too. tough to move Keston of course, but no pitchers going out in it so I think I would. And it's a long term cost controlled move like Yelich.

I just said I don't think I would do Hiura for Archer in the Chris Archer thread but I could definitely get behind something like this if the package was limited to Hiura and didn't include Burnes. I would prefer to substitute Santana for Phillips, as I believe Phillips is the perfect 4th OF now and a good RF once Braun no longer is an everyday player.

Realmuto trade...in a heartbeat.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:22 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Mudville9 said:

I'd do both without really thinking twice. Shores up big roster holes with long-term solutions. Prospects are replaceable.

This is the key for Stearns making deals this season. The Machados of the world can go to the major markets. Adding long term, cost-controlled players like Archer and Realmuto to the core of Yelich, Cain, Shaw, Arcia (hopefully) makes all the sense in the world for this market.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:35 AM Post
I'm not a major fan of acquiring Archer or Realmuto but I would probably take both of those packages. Hiura would be the one big loss but I think I could handle it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:38 AM Post
I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:39 AM Post
Wouldn’t trade Hiura for Archer. Not an Archer fan and I believe Hiura is a part of the almost immediate core. Go get Realmuto for that price though for sure.

2019- Mid June:
C- Realmuto
1B- Thames/Braun/Aguilar
2B- Hiura
3B- Shaw
SS- Arcia
LF- Yelich/Braun
CF- Cain
RF- Santana/Yelich

Yes please.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:39 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:
I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR

Oh...OK.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 10:54 AM Post
If the Marlins did the Realmuto trade, Gord Ash can claim victory because he finally found a home for our AAA club.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'd do both of those trades today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 11:42 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Those Heyman packages seem pretty light in terms of talent we'd be sending. Hiura is a player I think the club should keep; I agree with Brew4U there. I think the Marlins could get more for Realmuto... and it'd probably take Hiura from us to get it done imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 11:54 AM Post
If that's what Realmuto cost, he would be a Brewer already - or else on a different team that paid a similarly low price. Archer one is doable - it has quality with Hiura but lacks the quantity many fear it would take. Honestly I would do Realmuto one in a heartbeat and the Archer one only with the other one, not on it's own.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 11:56 AM Post
I would do that Realmuto trade for sure, but I don't think it's enough from the Brewers side and I don't know how motivated the Marlins are to trade him.

I'm torn on Huira. I like rooting for him, but he very well may need TJ surgery and that would likely delay his ascension to the bigs. Additionally, the DH isn't going to come to the NL quickly enough to stash him there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:07 PM Post
long ball said:
I would do that Realmuto trade for sure, but I don't think it's enough from the Brewers side and I don't know how motivated the Marlins are to trade him.

I'm torn on Huira. I like rooting for him, but he very well may need TJ surgery and that would likely delay his ascension to the bigs. Additionally, the DH isn't going to come to the NL quickly enough to stash him there.

I guess maybe I'm not seeing something in the box scores others have - hasn't Hiura been playing second base quite a bit over the past month? Sure, he is still DH-ing a few games a week, but it's not like his glove is in deep storage. Haven't heard anything lately about setbacks or lingering issues with his arm that would lead me to believe he's playing with his right arm tied behind his back. Looks like he's played 15 games at 2nd over the past month, playing full games there for most of them.

Last edited by Fear The Chorizo on May 31, 2018, 12:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:08 PM Post
Can someone clarify this for me: does Realmuto become a F/A after the 2020 season or 2021 season?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:09 PM Post
madtownhawk said:
Can someone clarify this for me: does Realmuto become a F/A after the 2020 season or 2021 season?

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/miami-marlin ... uto-16097/

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next  [ 480 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply