LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next  [ 480 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

J.T. Realmuto

Author Message
Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:09 PM Post
Posts: 2654
Location: Madison, WI
bill hAll Star said:
3and2Fastball said:
I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR


Oh...OK.


Funny I saw that Cardinals joke site had a bunch of Cards fans saying how they wouldn't trade Yadi for Trout. And they were serious. He's not a winner, etc.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:11 PM Post
Posts: 2483
Location: New Berlin, WI
TooLiveBrew said:
Those Heyman packages seem pretty light in terms of talent we'd be sending. Hiura is a player I think the club should keep; I agree with Brew4U there. I think the Marlins could get more for Realmuto... and it'd probably take Hiura from us to get it done imo.


We have enough talent that we could easily get Realmuto without giving up Hiura, but I'll also agree that package is light. If I got that offer, I wouldn't hang up the phone until Realmuto was on a plane to Milwaukee.

I think Burnes, Ray, Feliciano is more realistic. If we avoid including Burnes/Peralta/Hiura, then I think it'd be something like Ortiz, Ray, Nottingham, Supak. I think either of those deals gets it done, but either trade could be trumped by a team willing to overpay...like for instance if the Nationals include Robles in a deal.

As for Archer, I honestly just have no interest in dealing with such a delusional front office. There are other pitchers we can target that are equally valuable and don't require our entire farm system.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:13 PM Post
Posts: 2483
Location: New Berlin, WI
tmwiese55 said:
bill hAll Star said:
3and2Fastball said:
I'd trade Hader for Trout. 56 games into the season and Trout already has a 5 WAR


Oh...OK.


Funny I saw that Cardinals joke site had a bunch of Cards fans saying how they wouldn't trade Yadi for Trout. And they were serious. He's not a winner, etc.


Or maybe baseball is a team sport and the Angels have yet to put a playoff caliber team around him. The Angels current team without Trout is probably a 72 win team. He's worth way more than 7-8 wins for that team.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:17 PM Post
Posts: 371
OK - so we'd only be talking about 2.5 years with him then.

If that is the case, I'd want to hold onto Feliciano and Payton Henry, hoping that one of those two guys is ready to take over after we have to say goodbye to Realmuto. I wonder if the Marlins would have any interest in Nottingham in the deal, since we wouldn't have much need for him over the next few years if a deal like this went down.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:21 PM Post
Posts: 13798
The Angels also had Ohtani fall right into their lap. Amazing to me that a team can have Trout and Ohtani can be hovering around .500. I don't know much about their supporting cast but they must suck.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:24 PM Post
Posts: 13798
madtownhawk said:
OK - so we'd only be talking about 2.5 years with him then.

If that is the case, I'd want to hold onto Feliciano and Payton Henry, hoping that one of those two guys is ready to take over after we have to say goodbye to Realmuto. I wonder if the Marlins would have any interest in Nottingham in the deal, since we wouldn't have much need for him over the next few years if a deal like this went down.


To me, Henry and Feliciano are way too far down on the food chain, and 2021 is way too far away for me to care about having to give one of them up. A lot can happen between now and then. If they want one of them for Realmuto, I'm sure we'd happily send back either of the two or Nottingham.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:29 PM Post
Posts: 371
KeithStone53151 said:
TooLiveBrew said:
Those Heyman packages seem pretty light in terms of talent we'd be sending. Hiura is a player I think the club should keep; I agree with Brew4U there. I think the Marlins could get more for Realmuto... and it'd probably take Hiura from us to get it done imo.


We have enough talent that we could easily get Realmuto without giving up Hiura, but I'll also agree that package is light. If I got that offer, I wouldn't hang up the phone until Realmuto was on a plane to Milwaukee.

I think Burnes, Ray, Feliciano is more realistic. If we avoid including Burnes/Peralta/Hiura, then I think it'd be something like Ortiz, Ray, Nottingham, Supak. I think either of those deals gets it done, but either trade could be trumped by a team willing to overpay...like for instance if the Nationals include Robles in a deal.

As for Archer, I honestly just have no interest in dealing with such a delusional front office. There are other pitchers we can target that are equally valuable and don't require our entire farm system.


Sign me up for that 2nd package of Ray, Ortiz, Notty and Supak right now - if we could get that for Realmuto. If we could somehow get JTR for any package that does not include Burnes, Hiura and Peralta, I would be elated. Something tells me though that the Marlins would need at least one of those guys (and more) in any deal for him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 997
Location: La Crosse
There are few players I'd be willing to trade for that would involve moving Hiura; Archer is not one of them. As for Realmuto, that is a pretty light package to acquire a great talent at a premium position. I wonder if the lack of success of Brinson, Diaz, and Harrison would make the Marlins think twice about trading with the Brewers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 12:43 PM Post
Posts: 2654
Location: Madison, WI
Funny I saw that Cardinals joke site had a bunch of Cards fans saying how they wouldn't trade Yadi for Trout. And they were serious. He's not a winner, etc.[/quote]

Or maybe baseball is a team sport and the Angels have yet to put a playoff caliber team around him. The Angels current team without Trout is probably a 72 win team. He's worth way more than 7-8 wins for that team.[/quote]



Exactly. Don't tell that to Cards fans though. They'll respond that Yadi's heart is unmeasuarable and worth 10 wins or some bs like that


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 1:01 PM Post
Posts: 1669
bill hAll Star said:
I'm not a major fan of acquiring Archer or Realmuto but I would probably take both of those packages. Hiura would be the one big loss but I think I could handle it.


Agree. I would do Archer deal only if we did the Realmuto deal, which is making the playoffs that much closer to certainty.

If we got the Archer that was pitching in May (and not April), for the rest of the year, that would definitely put the NL on notice.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: May 31, 2018, 2:00 PM Post
Posts: 19
Archer still scares me, his stuff is great and on an affordable contract, but he gives up a ton of homeruns and has not been good for the past 3 years. I still think that package is good and would do it.....but I'd want to see if there is something better we can get for Hiura. I'm really high on Fulmer, but I will not be surprised if either Burnes or Hiura are traded at the deadline.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 02, 2018, 6:19 PM Post
Posts: 209
Would absolutely not do the Archer deal. Can’t believe how hyped he is.

Would absolutely do the JT realmuto deal. Doubt it but if they would want us to take Castro and it would lighten the prospect haul a bit id do it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 02, 2018, 6:56 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9586
I’ll post it here but it’s about Starlin Castro. How bad is he at shortstop? Say we included Castro in a Realmuto trade to lighten the prospect load (if the Marlins even want to lower salary), could we play Castro at SS? Is he worse there than Villar? I mean if Arcia continues to struggle, maybe he ends up being a late game defensive replacement guy if we could grab a better bat at that position. Just spitballing here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 06, 2018, 7:40 PM Post
Posts: 354
Brew4U said:
I’ll post it here but it’s about Starlin Castro. How bad is he at shortstop? Say we included Castro in a Realmuto trade to lighten the prospect load (if the Marlins even want to lower salary), could we play Castro at SS? Is he worse there than Villar? I mean if Arcia continues to struggle, maybe he ends up being a late game defensive replacement guy if we could grab a better bat at that position. Just spitballing here.



I think I'd rather go with Arcia, hope he works out of his funk and starts hitting more than go with Castro and his defense at SS. I wouldn't be against adding Castro to the deal, particularly if it means fewer prospects, but then I'd like to see him primarily at 2nd. But adding Castro wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I like him as a player more than Perez for example. Not for the 18 or so million we'd be paying him over the next two years, but if that means we keep Burnes and trade a much lesser prospect, I'm all for it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 8:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 103
I think at this Point adding Realmuto and Castro would be the best move the Brewers could make to upgrade. Yes, adding a big time starting pitcher might be the sexy move, but our rotation has been solid the way Counsell uses it with his elite bullpen. Adding these two would upgrade our two weakest positions significantly. It just makes sense. Realmuto is a stud and Pina makes a GREAT backup especially with his defense. Castro might not provide the defense Arcia does, but at this point Arcia loses pretty much all of the value he earns on D with his horrid approach at the plate. Castro is a shorter term option while Arcia figures it out down at AAA, and then if he comes back Castro can be a great platoon or backup 2B or SS. His contract may even lighten the load of prospects it takes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 9:11 AM Post
Posts: 7113
Dadbauer said:
I think at this Point adding Realmuto and Castro would be the best move the Brewers could make to upgrade. Yes, adding a big time starting pitcher might be the sexy move, but our rotation has been solid the way Counsell uses it with his elite bullpen. Adding these two would upgrade our two weakest positions significantly. It just makes sense. Realmuto is a stud and Pina makes a GREAT backup especially with his defense. Castro might not provide the defense Arcia does, but at this point Arcia loses pretty much all of the value he earns on D with his horrid approach at the plate. Castro is a shorter term option while Arcia figures it out down at AAA, and then if he comes back Castro can be a great platoon or backup 2B or SS. His contract may even lighten the load of prospects it takes.


We also have guys to trade at the MLB level. Arcia, Santana, Pina, Woodruff off the top of my head are all guys with plenty of team-controlled years left. They are still prospects, basically. Maybe the Marlins believe in the old "change of scenery concept."

Burnes, Arcia, Broxton, Supak. Would that be enough? I would do that deal.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 10:00 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 951
Location: Baltimore, MD
Bring in Realmuto and Castro, call up Miller, maybe bring up Broxton or Phillips for Santana and we've got a heck of a lineup with a ton of flexibility shaping up:

OPS vs. RHP     '18   '16-18      OPS vs. LHP     '18   '16-18
---------------------------- ----------------------------
CF Cain .731 .742 CF Cain 1.200 .959
RF Yelich* .902 .876 RF Yelich* .704 .716
1B Thames* .972 .939 1B Aguilar .983 .911
3B Shaw* .958 .853 3B Shaw* .523 .665
LF Braun .730 .825 LF Braun .824 .927
C Realmuto .938 .809 C Realmuto .733 .738
2B Miller* .782 .760 2B Villar^ .945 .814
SS Castro .726 .747 SS Castro .721 .768

C Pina .606 .728 C Pina .620 .665
1B Aguilar .856 .815 1B Thames* .697 .668
2B Villar^ .683 .736 2B Miller* .639 .674
UT Perez .638 .679 UT Perez .586 .759
RF Santana .767 .815 RF Santana .352 .811

Out
---
SS Arcia .566 .679 SS Arcia .275 .611
UT Sogard .394 .680 UT Sogard .384 .681
C Kratz 1.632 .479 C Kratz .500 .616


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 11:31 AM Post
Posts: 779
I'd probably be slightly more interested in Salvador Perez, based mainly on what I expect the price to be. And I know this is usually b.s., but I have to wonder if Miami would even want to deal with the Brewers again. I would probably be looking for someone with less of a reputation for taking advantage of everyone if I was the Marlins.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 11:53 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2936
coolhandluke121 said:
I'd probably be slightly more interested in Salvador Perez, based mainly on what I expect the price to be. And I know this is usually b.s., but I have to wonder if Miami would even want to deal with the Brewers again. I would probably be looking for someone with less of a reputation for taking advantage of everyone if I was the Marlins.


I think you are right about the B.S. portion of that statement. The Marlins got three of the Brewers' Top 10 prospects, and a young pitching wildcard. Brinson, Harrison and Diaz are still very highly ranked prospects. I have to believe, too, that those guys aren't the only prospects that the Brewers offered. They are who the Marlins chose, and I HIGHLY doubt they are going to be leery of dealing with the Brewers again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto (Requests Trade - Post #85)
Posted: June 14, 2018, 12:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 17654
coolhandluke121 said:
I'd probably be slightly more interested in Salvador Perez, based mainly on what I expect the price to be. And I know this is usually b.s., but I have to wonder if Miami would even want to deal with the Brewers again. I would probably be looking for someone with less of a reputation for taking advantage of everyone if I was the Marlins.


Exactly what we need. Another out machine.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 24  Next  [ 480 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 3and2Fastball, Point Beer Is Best and 9 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test