LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 48  Next  [ 951 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

J.T. Realmuto

Online  Re: J.T. Realmuto
Posted: November 26, 2018, 2:20 PM Post
packer822 said:
I would guess it would be us....the dodgers and the astros

And that's with Ramos and Grandal still out there as frontline free agents, too, along with a bunch of 2nd tier guys. The Dodgers and Astros certainly have the horses in their minors to make a deal, as do the Brewers. We'll see which team bites first.

Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto
Posted: November 26, 2018, 2:50 PM Post
The guy that broke the Moustakas trade hours before anyone else, says Marlins demanding Hiura and Brewers not interested. I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, you all can have your own opinion.

https://twitter.com/bucksbrett/status/1 ... 3452786689

Posted: November 26, 2018, 3:31 PM Post
Damn. Well, it makes sense that they’d want Hiura as he’s a great prospect.

Posted: November 26, 2018, 5:28 PM Post
Brew4U said:

It’s very tempting, but it’s gotta be Peralta/Nottingham+ IMO. Otherwise the gain there isn’t worth it. With the dodgers, Astros, Red Sox, and others in, the price will likely get too high

Posted: November 26, 2018, 7:12 PM Post
Devinep said:
Brew4U said:

It’s very tempting, but it’s gotta be Peralta/Nottingham+ IMO. Otherwise the gain there isn’t worth it. With the dodgers, Astros, Red Sox, and others in, the price will likely get too high

If you were the Marlins would you really take Peralta and Nottingham as the headliners in a trade for one of the best catchers in the game? I would not.

Posted: November 26, 2018, 7:40 PM Post
wallus said:
Devinep said:
Brew4U said:

If you were the Marlins would you really take Peralta and Nottingham as the headliners in a trade for one of the best catchers in the game? I would not.

All depends on what the other offers are. In two years he is gone. They’d be wise to get what they can for him now.

Posted: November 26, 2018, 7:51 PM Post
After going through and reviewing the prospect surplus value chart for 2018 (Point of Pittsburgh), and doing an adjustment for 2019 that is in line with the increases from 2016 to 2018, I've determined that Hiura's prospect surplus value probably runs around 65 million. If one buys into the idea that Hiura should fall around #25 on the prospect list and Realmuto will be about a 4.2 WAR player each of the next two seasons, then their surplus values would be just about equal. IMO, after review, a straight up swap between the two seems to be a pretty fair swap between the two teams.

Posted: November 26, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
Brew4U said:
[

All depends on what the other offers are. In two years he is gone. They’d be wise to get what they can for him now.

I would be shocked if he isn't on the Astros by spring training. They have a strong system and an obvious need.

Posted: November 27, 2018, 11:04 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
The guy that broke the Moustakas trade hours before anyone else, says Marlins demanding Hiura and Brewers not interested. I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, you all can have your own opinion.

https://twitter.com/bucksbrett/status/1 ... 3452786689

Count me in the group who wouldn't be surprised if it were true. As I said last week, I have the feeling that the Marlins feel like they "lost" the Yelich trade badly and need to "win" this one but, with the top two free agents at the position still available at zero prospect cost, Stearns has little incentive to give up his top prospect at this time...

Posted: November 28, 2018, 1:44 PM Post
I've been putzing through marlins fan forums a bit. The general consensus is that Realmuto should get any prospect in baseball not named Vlad Jr as a starting point in any offer. The guys most mentioned are Whitley and/or Tucker coming over from Houston with even more significant pieces in return. A deal that Rosenthal threw out there was Tucker and James for Realmuto, is viewed pretty well on the Marlins boards.

Most on this board think the Realmuto return will be far, far below that including myself. It's interesting to see what the other side thinks.

Posted: November 28, 2018, 11:06 PM Post
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/ ... -jays.html

Looks like Realmutos value could drop more

Posted: November 28, 2018, 11:29 PM Post
I think marlins fans are going to be in for a rude awakening when realmuto gets dealt. And then they'll all blame Jeter when in reality, they simply misjudged the realmuto market significantly

Posted: November 29, 2018, 12:38 AM Post
IntentionalHBP said:
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/mlb-trade-rumors-francisco-cervelli-russell-martin-pirates-blue-jays.html

Cervelli would be a nice addition that probably wouldn’t cost too much. He would be a good option to bring back on a two year deal next offseason as well.

Posted: December 01, 2018, 7:49 AM Post
Gomes to the Nationals. The Brewers looked positioned to land a catcher if they really desire to.

Posted: December 01, 2018, 7:56 AM Post
jjfanec said:
Gomes to the Nationals. The Brewers looked positioned to land a catcher if they really desire to.

Something tells me that this move indicates that the Marlins are asking for the moon for Realmuto. The Nationals made a ton of sense to make that trade, but instead they are going with a platoon of Suzuki and Gomes.

I would still love to be able to pencil Realmuto into the Brewers lineup for 110-120 games, with Pina getting the remaining 40-50, but unless the Marlins come down on their ask, its getting tougher to see.

Posted: December 01, 2018, 10:59 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
jjfanec said:

Something tells me that this move indicates that the Marlins are asking for the moon for Realmuto. The Nationals made a ton of sense to make that trade, but instead they are going with a platoon of Suzuki and Gomes.

It's already been confirmed by multiple credible insiders that the Marlins asked the Nats for Soto or Robles, which qualifies as asking for the moon.

Honestly I think it's worth the gamble for the Marlins to hold out for a really good offer. The Woodruff + Ray + Nottingham type of offers will always be there, and those probably represent minor incremental improvements for their organization. It would be overly simplistic to say his trade value goes down the longer they hold on to him. For one thing, the market could change drastically in either direction at any time. For another thing, it would probably be more accurate to say that it becomes less and less likely that they'll get a king's ransom for him the longer they wait, but that's not the same as losing trade value - at least not in the sense that they run the risk of not being able to get the type of offer in August that we're all hoping they'll accept now.

I just don't see the point for them to accept the type of offer that they could probably get from 10 different teams any time they want in the next year, barring an injury to Realmuto. So they may as well ask too much and hope someone bites.

Posted: December 02, 2018, 1:25 AM Post
I thought I heard/ read somewhere that the Marlins wanted both top prospects from the Astros (Kyle Tucker, OF & Forrest Whitely, RHSP) in a deal for Realmuto.

Yes, that is asking for the moon in return...
Time to focus somewhere else if an upgrade is sought,,,

Posted: December 02, 2018, 8:47 AM Post
RollieTime said:
IntentionalHBP said:
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/mlb-trade-rumors-francisco-cervelli-russell-martin-pirates-blue-jays.html

Cervelli would be a nice addition that probably wouldn’t cost too much. He would be a good option to bring back on a two year deal next offseason as well.

Cervelli had a nice 2018, but his 2017 and 2016 were what the Brewers got from Pina last year (and less than what they got from Pina in 2017). I don't see the upgrade.

I'd bet that given the contract that Kratz signed, they are going to go with Pina as the starter, Nottingham as the backup (one start a week, focusing on learning the staff and adjusting to the majors with an eye on starting in 2020), and Kratz at AAA if Nottingham bombs. If Nottingham looks OK, then Kratz comes up in September.

I just don't see a deal for Realmuto unless the price comes down to the aforementioned Woodruff, Nottingham, Ray. And that's a better offer than many think.

Boston won the World Series with worse production at C than the Brewers, arguably the worst production at C in all of baseball. You don't have to have All-Stars at every position to win the World Series.

Posted: December 02, 2018, 10:21 AM Post
coolhandluke121 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
jjfanec said:

It's already been confirmed by multiple credible insiders that the Marlins asked the Nats for Soto or Robles, which qualifies as asking for the moon.

Honestly I think it's worth the gamble for the Marlins to hold out for a really good offer. The Woodruff + Ray + Nottingham type of offers will always be there, and those probably represent minor incremental improvements for their organization. It would be overly simplistic to say his trade value goes down the longer they hold on to him. For one thing, the market could change drastically in either direction at any time. For another thing, it would probably be more accurate to say that it becomes less and less likely that they'll get a king's ransom for him the longer they wait, but that's not the same as losing trade value - at least not in the sense that they run the risk of not being able to get the type of offer in August that we're all hoping they'll accept now.

I just don't see the point for them to accept the type of offer that they could probably get from 10 different teams any time they want in the next year, barring an injury to Realmuto. So they may as well ask too much and hope someone bites.

I guess I should have added the term "currently" to my post. The Soto and Robles asks go back to last season, if not the offseason. While not totally impossible, I don't know if those guys are still the asks for Realmuto now. You are right, though, that they don't need to trade him, so they can hold out for someone to get desperate and throw a godfather offer at them.

Posted: December 02, 2018, 12:39 PM Post
Realmuto's an appealing target. However, with the various angles bouncing around in my head on possibly acquiring him for a month or so, I just don't see the cost being worth the net upgrade. C wasn't a great position for us, but I think more of the issues lie on the pitching side & 2B. Not that we couldn't use more out of the C position, but we need lots more out of 2B & a few of the pitching spots on the roster, and I think they can accomplish some/all of that for less cost (salary &/or trade assets) than Realmuto & a little bit of P or 2B help.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 48  Next  [ 951 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply