LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next  [ 951 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

J.T. Realmuto

Offline  Re: J.T. Realmuto
Posted: January 10, 2019, 12:25 AM Post
MillerParkSouth said:
We really should just sign Grandal and be done with it.

Prophet!

Powerball numbers?

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:20 AM Post
I'm glad we went with Grandal over Realmuto, not giving up any top prospects when we didnt' have to. Market for Realmuto just got even smaller; not that I think Brewers were honestly all that serious, but it was a possibility.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 6:53 AM Post
Now we can trace Grandal for Realmuto.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
I think we can put this thread to bed......finally.

By bowing out of the JT market though, someone is going to be getting an even better deal. Every time his market shrinks, the team that finally lands him probably gets a better deal.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 9:41 AM Post
Seems all the more likely JT ends up with the Dodgers now. Probably where I'd put my money if I had to

Posted: January 10, 2019, 12:46 PM Post
MLB.com's Joe Frisaro reports that the Marlins are "engaged in substantive discussions with six clubs" regarding a J.T. Realmuto trade.

Those six clubs have been identified as the Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Padres, Rays, and Reds. The asking price remains sky-high on Realmuto, but it seems to be a near certainty that he will be dealt away before the beginning of spring training next month. The 27-year-old catcher slashed .277/.340/.484 with 21 home runs and 74 RBI over 125 games last season for the rebuilding Marlins. He is under team control through 2020 via salary arbitration.

Source: Marlins.mlb.comJan 10 - 1:15 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty happy we went the free agent route rather than the trade your farm route...

Posted: January 10, 2019, 12:52 PM Post
Reds would probably start turning scary with him.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 12:54 PM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Reds would probably start turning scary with him.

I don't really get the Reds interest. Tucker Barnhart is no slouch.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 1:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
Banrhart's been around a 89-90 wRC+ the last couple years. No slouch, but JT would still be a big upgrade if he's coming in around a 120-125 wRC+. If you think getting out of Marlins Park will help him out (a la Yelich) he could climb even higher.

If they could get the deal done without Senzel included they could have a pretty interesting lineup next year with JT, Votto, Scooter, Peraza, Suarez, Winker, Senzel & Puig. Still no pitching to really speak of though.

If the Marlins are willing to take guys that are a little farther out two of Taylor Trammell, Hunter Greene & Jonathan India would probably get them the bulk of the way there.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 1:40 PM Post
sveumrules said:
Banrhart's been around a 89-90 wRC+ the last couple years. No slouch, but JT would still be a big upgrade if he's coming in around a 120-125 wRC+. If you think getting out of Marlins Park will help him out (a la Yelich) he could climb even higher.

If they could get the deal done without Senzel included they could have a pretty interesting lineup next year with JT, Votto, Scooter, Peraza, Suarez, Winker, Senzel & Puig. Still no pitching to really speak of though.

If the Marlins are willing to take guys that are a little farther out two of Taylor Trammell, Hunter Greene & Jonathan India would probably get them the bulk of the way there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Barnhart is an excellent defender. While I know Realmuto is also a good defender, I think he would be a small step backward from Barnhart. Also with the additions of Kemp/Puig, I don't think it's as important for them to add a RH bat to protect their LH heavy lineup. If anything, those 2 outfielders make them very balanced.

I'm not trying to argue that Realmuto wouldn't be an upgrade. Barnhart is a lot better than Pina/Kratz, it isn't as significant of an upgrade compared to the upgrade we made. Primary point being that this move is a bit puzzling. I would think if anything, the Reds would use their chips to bring in one more arm with some team control. Basically meaning they should be looking hard at Kluber.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:02 PM Post
Those six clubs have been identified as the Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Padres, Rays, and Reds.

The Padres didn't learn anything from signing Hosmer? They're going to be in on Realmuto for 2 years? Do they really think that's their window. It's one thing to shred money, it's another to trade prospects from a pool they need to rebuild for 2 years of 78 wins instead of 74...

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:04 PM Post
xisxisxis said:
Those six clubs have been identified as the Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Padres, Rays, and Reds.

The Padres didn't learn anything from signing Hosmer? They're going to be in on Realmuto for 2 years? Do they really think that's their window. It's one thing to shred money, it's another to trade prospects from a pool they need to rebuild for 2 years of 78 wins instead of 74...

Heck I'd love if he went to the Padres or Rays. I just don't want to see him go to an NL contender or NL Central team during the Brewers' contention window.

Posted: January 10, 2019, 2:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
For 2018 BPRo's catching metrics had Realmuto 54th (+0.4) & Barnhart 109th (-8.4) out of 117.

For 2017 it looks like they came in at Realmuto 13th (+9.1) & Barnhart 72nd (-0.9) of 111.

Barnhart has been better at blocking (+6.3 vs. +2.6) & throwing (+4.6 vs +1.1) over the last two years, but JT has a massive edge in framing (+4.9 vs. -19.7) so who is a better defender pretty much comes down to how much stock you want to put into framing numbers.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
Man these writers are geniuses. List top 3 prospects "the Marlins could have interest in these guys, though the Reds would prefer not to trade them". I suspect Heyman has literally no idea who's being talked about in any potential trade...though the amount of smoke from multiple writers and that point we are at in the offseason, makes me think talks are progressing. I think I've seen writers say talks are progressing about the Dodgers, Padres, and Reds regarding Realmuto within the last week.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/10 ... 4366611456

Posted: January 28, 2019, 3:45 PM Post
sveumrules said:

The Reds lineup is already scary. I like their pitching additions too. Roark, Gray and Wood are tested veterans. Yeah it's not a great rotation but if they add Realmuto, they are going to be on the positive side of a lot more slugfests than they have in recent years. Realmuto, Suarez, Votto, Kemp, Puig, Winker, Scooter, Peraza etc? Might be the best lineup in the NL.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 4:33 PM Post
The Reds are getting scary.

yikes.

I'm hoping they do not get JT.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
I'd prefer they don't get Realmuto.

I don't think the Reds are a real playoff contender, but they could be ~.500 and there are some scenarios in which they do make the playoffs. Was nice to have at least one whipping boy in the division, but it looks like that wont be the case in 2019.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
Sounds like Jonathan India might be one of the main pieces in a possible deal which comes as a bit of a surprise. Was on the Reds message boards when the Gray deal was in the works and most of the folks there were happy to give up Shed Long because they figure he's limited to 2B and that India would wind up being their second baseman once he got to the majors.

I wonder if Scooter wants to stay in Cincinnati? The Reds should have a bunch of money next off-season as they have Kemp, Puig, Wood and probably other contracts coming off the books. Realmuto makes good money but not huge money. Haven't looked at the Gray contract yet but I would assume that would be about 10 million for next year. They also dumped Homer Bailey's buyout on the Dodgers, which I think was something like 5.5 million. If the Reds can keep Scooter, then India would be a nice fit in a Realmuto deal. Rumor was that the Marlins wanted infielders, and India has some versatility where he could fit into different positions. The Reds still would have a ways to go to put together a good enough package for Realmuto, but India probably gets them about 60% of the way there.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
This is the 2nd winter of protracted Realmuto trade speculations & reports. I can't wait for him to get traded just so it's finally over, no matter who the other team is -- although I really hope it's not the Reds for obvious reasons.

Posted: January 28, 2019, 10:00 PM Post
If it is the Reds, I hope they sell off their future for him. Hopefully several of their top prospects. C'mon Jeets, clean them out!

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next  [ 951 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply