LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Online  Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Posted: January 05, 2018, 1:23 PM Post
Given the lack of real trades involving the Brewers, I thought this would be a good topic to start as I continue to hear trades on TV, radio or other fan sites about the Brewers that make me shake my head. My favorite one to date was a proposal on MLB Network Radio from a fan of the San Diego Padres that they should be targeting Travis Shaw.

While I understand the desire of other fan bases to target Travis Shaw, a fan of another small market should understand that youngish, cost-controlled, 30 HR 3B with good defense on a playoff contending small market team are about as untouchable as they come barring an unbelievably one-sided offer.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Posted: January 05, 2018, 1:29 PM Post
There have been quite a few awful proposals from fan sites and national sites. The one from the Royals thread was a perfect example. The writer says how perfectly we match up as trade partners, but in reality we match up well with any team looking to trade away a SP, RP, or 2B because our farm is so strong. Same reason the Braves match up so well in discussions for Yelich and Realmuto, every rebuilding team's fans want to trade their players to top farm systems.

I'll be curious to see some links to posted trade proposals, especially anything involving Archer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 05, 2018, 1:56 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
Given the lack of real trades involving the Brewers, I thought this would be a good topic to start as I continue to hear trades on TV, radio or other fan sites about the Brewers that make me shake my head. My favorite one to date was a proposal on MLB Network Radio from a fan of the San Diego Padres that they should be targeting Travis Shaw.

While I understand the desire of other fan bases to target Travis Shaw, a fan of another small market should understand that youngish, cost-controlled, 30 HR 3B with good defense on a playoff contending small market team are about as untouchable as they come barring an unbelievably one-sided offer.

Well, if they want to target Travis Shaw, they do have the ammo to trade for him. If they were to offer a stupid trade like Mackenzie Gore and a couple more of their top 50 or top 100 prospects, it would be hard to say no. Everyone is always available, but not usually at a price other teams would be willing to pay.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Posted: January 06, 2018, 9:19 AM Post
There are just as many ludicrous pro-Brewer trades that come from Brewer fans.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 11:08 AM Post

Was there a specific proposal that was ludicrous? As you mentioned it's certainly understandable that another organization would target Shaw.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 4:50 PM Post
From a fan called Donaldrump from the Rays forum:

"The Brewers reported interest in Lorenzo Cain (being noted everywhere), strikes most as odd; if there's anything the Brewers have, it's good hitting/fielding OFs, all of whom are CF capable. Lewis Brinson is a top 20 (throughout all of MLB) prospect; Monte Harrison is in the top 50; Brett Phillips in the top 100. All hit from the right side, except Phillips, and are sound defensively. And the Brew Crew already have Domingo Santana, who excelled in his first year. And an intriguing 207 first draft pick in Lutz ; again, RH power.

The Rays are completely barren for RH power (not to mention defensive OFs who rate as plus defenders) in their organization.

Milwaukee lusts for Archer, and paying a Cain/Archer combo would actually be cheaper than signing Cobb or Lynn. They improve in two spots, and don't have to gamble on the Lynn/Cobb health issues.

Makes a lot of sense...might even to get the Brewers to eat Span (or a portion thereof). Stay tuned...this really smells as something that's happening."

Jan-4 12:59 PM by donaldrump

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 5:15 PM Post
HighHeat19 said:
From a fan called Donaldrump from the Rays forum:

"The Brewers reported interest in Lorenzo Cain (being noted everywhere), strikes most as odd; if there's anything the Brewers have, it's good hitting/fielding OFs, all of whom are CF capable. Lewis Brinson is a top 20 (throughout all of MLB) prospect; Monte Harrison is in the top 50; Brett Phillips in the top 100. All hit from the right side, except Phillips, and are sound defensively. And the Brew Crew already have Domingo Santana, who excelled in his first year. And an intriguing 207 first draft pick in Lutz ; again, RH power.

The Rays are completely barren for RH power (not to mention defensive OFs who rate as plus defenders) in their organization.

Milwaukee lusts for Archer, and paying a Cain/Archer combo would actually be cheaper than signing Cobb or Lynn. They improve in two spots, and don't have to gamble on the Lynn/Cobb health issues.

Makes a lot of sense...might even to get the Brewers to eat Span (or a portion thereof). Stay tuned...this really smells as something that's happening."

Jan-4 12:59 PM by donaldrump

I looked at that post and there really wasn't anything specific. In a post farther down, they mentioned that Burnes would probably need to be in the deal. Would you do a Burnes and Santana trade for Archer? I am guessing that is probably light but seeing some other posts that includes most of our farm do not seem realistic either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 5:38 PM Post
I'm not sure if I would trade Burnes for Archer straight up, and I generally tend to feel that prospects are overrated.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 8:41 PM Post
If the sea was Burnes for Archer straight up...I wouldn’t hang up the phone until the paperwork was official.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 10:58 PM Post
I absolutely love Corbin Burnes, and if he is offered Archer for Burnes straight up he should try to remain calm as he accepts the offer and then dance and party in the streets of Milwaukee all night.

If we didn't want to keep Archer we could probably turn around and flip him for triple that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 06, 2018, 11:08 PM Post
If we include both the rays need to throw in another piece

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2018, 12:14 AM Post
I like Archer, but the thing that worries me is he has several thousand hard sliders on that arm. I'd still be willing to give up a decent haul for him, but would have a very hard time including either Burnes or Hader. I saw Span's name mentioned somewhere, wonder if they would take a bit less if they could include him for salary relief.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2018, 3:27 PM Post
I've yet to see a ludicrous trade proposal in this thread.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 7:07 AM Post
I mean, I don't read other team's forums, there's 29 other teams to search and find a forum to read to begin with, then you have to read them and find a Brewer's trade proposal. Already invest so much time just going through this forum every day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 7:34 AM Post
I did see awhile back somewhere a link to a pirates site proposal. The trade was Gerrit Cole for both Brinson and Hader

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 7:41 AM Post
How about a reverse example of that Brewers homer blogger and a few on this board that think we can get Robbie Ray for Domingo Santana?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 8:04 AM Post
bill hAll Star said:
How about a reverse example of that Brewers homer blogger and a few on this board that think we can get Robbie Ray for Domingo Santana?

Another reverse example: Chris Archer for Burnes alone (from a few posts before this one).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 9:11 AM Post
trwi7 said:
I've yet to see a ludicrous trade proposal in this thread.

Yeah, the most ludicrous was the Burnes for Archer and that wasn't a fan from the other team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 9:44 AM Post
I saw this one from another fan that I thought was awful:

J.T. Realmuto for Brinson, Ortiz plus 1 other good piece

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 9:53 AM Post
adambr2 said:

Was there a specific proposal that was ludicrous? As you mentioned it's certainly understandable that another organization would target Shaw.

No players were specifically mentioned by the caller. Rather he was quite upset that the Padres weren't going hard after Travis Shaw. The implication was that he was available and could be had relatively easily.

That call got me thinking that the equivalent of that would be us Brewer fans being very upset that the Brewers weren't actively trying to trade for Jose Berrios (another small market stud who almost certainly isn't going anywhere).

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply