LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Offline  Re: Ludicrous Brewer Trade Proposals from Other Team's Fans

Posted: January 08, 2018, 10:15 AM Post
wallus said:
I saw this one from another fan that I thought was awful:

J.T. Realmuto for Brinson, Ortiz plus 1 other good piece

Realmuto has a ton of value, but I'm not sure he's going to fetch a return that strong. It shouldn't be surprising that teams looking to rebuild want to trade for our prospects, our system is loaded. Miami fans surely like the Yelich to Atlanta rumors, same with Pittsburgh fans with Cole to NYY. Both those front offices are very good and won't overpay in value for those players. Unless you are trading with fools like Dombrowski or Epstein, the days of insane prospect hauls for established major leaguers are pretty much over.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 10:41 AM Post
https://puckettspond.com/2017/12/01/min ... e-brewers/

I figure this thread should have at least one ridiculous trade proposal. This article includes 3. The one I would dub as "ludicrous" is Josh Hader for Nick Gordon. Even if you value him purely as a bullpen guy, it's not even close. You'd have to look at the Ken Giles return to get an idea of what Hader should cost.

The other trades I don't really like either. I would much rather trade Broxton for prospects than for a 30 year old pitcher coming off back to back 5+ ERA seasons and 2 years of team control. The deal for Ervin Santana is the most reasonable of the three if it were offered, it depends on the rest of the offseason plan though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 2:06 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
wallus said:

Realmuto has a ton of value, but I'm not sure he's going to fetch a return that strong. It shouldn't be surprising that teams looking to rebuild want to trade for our prospects, our system is loaded. Miami fans surely like the Yelich to Atlanta rumors, same with Pittsburgh fans with Cole to NYY. Both those front offices are very good and won't overpay in value for those players. Unless you are trading with fools like Dombrowski or Epstein, the days of insane prospect hauls for established major leaguers are pretty much over.

I don’t think that offer isn’t far off what it would take honestly. He is incredibly young, proven, and controllable three more years. That is twice as long as Jonathan Lucroy. He doesn’t have the MVP like year under his belt that Lucroy did, but he is younger and controlled longer. If he is a 3+ WAR player(not hard to believe) he isn’t definitely worth that kind of package.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 2:09 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
https://puckettspond.com/2017/12/01/minnesota-twins-offseason-trade-profile-milwaukee-brewers/
I figure this thread should have at least one ridiculous trade proposal. This article includes 3. The one I would dub as "ludicrous" is Josh Hader for Nick Gordon. Even if you value him purely as a bullpen guy, it's not even close. You'd have to look at the Ken Giles return to get an idea of what Hader should cost.

I kind of like Nick Gordon but nowhere near what the Brewers would want for Hader. The author even notes the Brewers are looking at an upgrade at second but don't know how a AA 2B would help the major league team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 2:26 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
KeithStone53151 said:
wallus said:

I don’t think that offer isn’t far off what it would take honestly. He is incredibly young, proven, and controllable three more years. That is twice as long as Jonathan Lucroy. He doesn’t have the MVP like year under his belt that Lucroy did, but he is younger and controlled longer. If he is a 3+ WAR player(not hard to believe) he isn’t definitely worth that kind of package.

I don't think age is a huge factor, but team control absolutely is...and Lucroy was attained for 1.5 years of control while Realmuto for 3. Lucroy was a better hitter at the time and had the multiple all stars. They seem like a push defensively. Teams will pay a premium for premium talent though, and Lucroy was an all-star vs Realmuto being a very good player. I would say maybe their value's are equal, though a team may give up more for Realmuto if they think he can improve and get to prime-lucroy level or better...and he'd have to do that quickly given he turns 27 this year.

I think general consensus on the trade was lucroy for brinson and ortiz for jeffress, with cordell as additional value. Brinson's value has gone up significantly since then, I don't think Realmuto is the caliber of player that should warrant including Brinson. I could see Realmuto getting 3 good players, but the value I see is moreso Peralta or Ortiz + Harrison + a depth type...like ponce. Or maybe they go Peralta or Ortiz + Ray + Dubon + an upside play like Kirby or Pennington. I don't think I'd want to do a package like that, but that's what I think is more fair. And again, I just don't see Realmuto as the caliber of player that warrants including brinson/burnes/hiura in a deal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2018, 3:26 PM Post
I would say age is a pretty big factor for a catcher. Lucroy seems to already have declined defensively and offensively was a bit suspect after the trade at times. The biggest argument would be teams unwilling to give up an elite prospect like Brinson for a non All-Star player(though Realmuto could be one). The length of contract makes him worth one in general terms.

I agree with your proposed type of value in a trade, but I definitely could see a Brinson being possible in a trade.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 26 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply