LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Jonathan Schoop

Author Message
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:01 PM Post
Posts: 571
Not keen on another guy who doesn't get on base. And what other moves will this facilitate? For the infield this means Thames/Aguilar, Schoop, Arcia, Shaw, Moustakas. One of Perez or Saladino would have to be retained to backup SS as they don't see to like Villar there. Saladino can be optioned so he could be retained, but surely this would mean DFA for Perez or Villar, losing them for nothing?


 Top
 
Online  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:02 PM Post
Posts: 7608
MoreTrife said:
3 guys for 2 positions. Mous, Shaw and Schoop. Rotate them as needed. I'm fine with it. Wish we'd gotten a pitcher too but this just makes us better.


4 guys for two positions. Moose/Shaw vs RH starter, Schoop/Villar vs LH starter


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:02 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 9069
Maybe get Schoop to be on the bench.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10813
Location: Milwaukee, WI
People want offense, Stearns is giving you offense.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:03 PM Post
Posts: 44
I guess you get a bat no matter what position he plays?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:03 PM Post
Posts: 44
I guess you get a bat no matter what position he plays?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:03 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 230
FVBrewerFan said:
MoreTrife said:
3 guys for 2 positions. Mous, Shaw and Schoop. Rotate them as needed. I'm fine with it. Wish we'd gotten a pitcher too but this just makes us better.


4 guys for two positions. Moose/Shaw vs RH starter, Schoop/Villar vs LH starter


I'd rather have Shaw in the lineup than Villar against lefties.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar

GIF Master
Posts: 8835
I find this all fascinating, frankly.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 133
Did it happen? Deadline is over..


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10813
Location: Milwaukee, WI
TexasCheesehead said:
FVBrewerFan said:
MoreTrife said:
3 guys for 2 positions. Mous, Shaw and Schoop. Rotate them as needed. I'm fine with it. Wish we'd gotten a pitcher too but this just makes us better.


4 guys for two positions. Moose/Shaw vs RH starter, Schoop/Villar vs LH starter


I'd rather have Shaw in the lineup than Villar against lefties.


Then you probably wouldn’t be a very good manager. The numbers tell you otherwise.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2309
The theory is that we make so many pitching changes, we'd platoon Mous/Schoop/Shaw at 2B/3B and have a killer bench. You'd basically be playing with a DH while the other NL team is not.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1702
Or nothing?


 Top
 
Online  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:06 PM Post
Posts: 7608
A Swing and A Drive said:
I really see little need to sit Travis Shaw vs. LHP


.537 vs LHP this year, I see a need


 Top
 
Online  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:06 PM Post
Posts: 3468
Location: Madison, WI
Shaw last year vs lefties 235/305 with 743 OPS. This year 214/287 with 537. Yea so a platoon could certainly help there. and then give Schoop a few games at SS each week. I think he came up playing a lot of SS in the minors.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 44
bill hAll Star said:
The theory is that we make so many pitching changes, we'd platoon Mous/Schoop/Shaw at 2B/3B and have a killer bench. You'd basically be playing with a DH while the other NL team is not.



Yep


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 962
If all trade details had to sent to MLB by 3 wouldn't this have been reported as done by now?


 Top
 
Online  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:08 PM Post
Posts: 7608
B2k1121 said:
If all trade details had to sent to MLB by 3 wouldn't this have been reported as done by now?


If deal includes Chris Davis, could take a while to announce.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:08 PM Post
Posts: 313
who would DS give up for Schoop?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:09 PM Post
Posts: 962
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... 6973126656

Rosenthal says its done.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Jonathan Schoop
Posted: July 31, 2018, 2:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3059
Location: California
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1024386346973126656

There it is


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 138 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FVBrewerFan, long ball, moofis, reillymcshane, Rillo, wallus and 9 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test