LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fixing 2B/C

Author Message
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#61

Posted: May 16, 2018, 7:15 AM Post
Posts: 650
With Vogt going down , are there any left handed hitting catchers worth a ....?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#62

Posted: May 16, 2018, 7:31 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10229
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Mr Southpaw said:
With Vogt going down , are there any left handed hitting catchers worth a ....?


Brew4U said:
What about Raffy Lopez from San Diego at catcher? I don't know a ton about him but he is a former Cubs 16th round draft pick. He is 30 years old and won't be a free agent until 2024. In 8 minor league seasons (over 2,000PA) he carried a .275/.358/.416/.774 slash line. He is a left-handed bat that could replace Vogt from that side of the plate.


Right now he has an overall OPS of .762 in the majors but his slash line against RHP's is .261/.370/.522/.892 (Small sample alert, only 23 AB's) but his 2017 split against RHP is .256/.340/.558/.898 (43 AB's). His minor league split this year is .271/.358/.644/1.002 (59 AB's) and last year was .306/.379/.561/.939 (157 AB's).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#63

Posted: May 16, 2018, 10:41 AM Post
Posts: 650
Brew4U said:
Mr Southpaw said:
With Vogt going down , are there any left handed hitting catchers worth a ....?


Brew4U said:
What about Raffy Lopez from San Diego at catcher? I don't know a ton about him but he is a former Cubs 16th round draft pick. He is 30 years old and won't be a free agent until 2024. In 8 minor league seasons (over 2,000PA) he carried a .275/.358/.416/.774 slash line. He is a left-handed bat that could replace Vogt from that side of the plate.


Right now he has an overall OPS of .762 in the majors but his slash line against RHP's is .261/.370/.522/.892 (Small sample alert, only 23 AB's) but his 2017 split against RHP is .256/.340/.558/.898 (43 AB's). His minor league split this year is .271/.358/.644/1.002 (59 AB's) and last year was .306/.379/.561/.939 (157 AB's).[/quote

Sounds like a low risk, low cost answer to backup catcher.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#64

Posted: May 16, 2018, 11:32 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10229
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Wonder if the Padres would want Jett Bandy + a real low level prospect in return for Raffy Lopez.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#65

Posted: May 16, 2018, 12:35 PM Post
Posts: 3103
Location: Madison, WI
I'll take it that guy, good find by whoever dug that up. Simply can't be worse than Bandy and shouldn't cost much.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#66

Posted: May 17, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 1300
When does Stearns pull the trigger on a deal? The NL is wide open this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#67

Posted: May 17, 2018, 2:15 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10229
Location: Milwaukee, WI
KCBrewerfan34 said:
When does Stearns pull the trigger on a deal? The NL is wide open this year.


Well right now he's seen Pina and Villar come out of their slumber and their new addition in Saldino look like Cal Ripken Jr. so there is a pretty good chance he rides it out a bit longer. Even though I still say we should target Raffy Lopez to get a lefty bat to pair with Pina.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#68

Posted: May 17, 2018, 4:50 PM Post
Posts: 2
Kind of wish Susac was still around to see what he could have done.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#69

Posted: May 18, 2018, 6:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3797
The Fighting Possum said:
Kind of wish Susac was still around to see what he could have done.


I was expecting him to be bad, but he's actually been hitting very well in AAA, and just got called up by the Orioles.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#70

Posted: May 18, 2018, 1:09 PM Post
Posts: 1720
Going to be harder to find a 2B if the Mariners actually trade for one.

Article on potential 2B moves for them:

https://www.mlb.com/news/robinson-cano- ... -277168238


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#71

Posted: May 18, 2018, 2:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1163
Or we trade them villar or perez which allows us to swoop in, maybe.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#72

Posted: May 19, 2018, 5:42 PM Post
Posts: 1783
You folks realize Villar is batting 300 right?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#73

Posted: May 19, 2018, 9:23 PM Post
Posts: 3392
I think this thread title may need some revision to "fixing C/backup C"...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#74

Posted: May 20, 2018, 6:55 AM Post
Posts: 650
superfly said:
You folks realize Villar is batting 300 right?


To date, his lowest average day (After April 10) for his stat line is .264/.290/.318
his highest average day (After April 10) for his stat line is .302/.341/.385

If he could stay between those two lines the rest of the year , our second base situation would be solved. A line of .280/.315/.350 is acceptable. Just get on base, be smart when on base, and show a little power and everything else will fall in place.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#75

Posted: May 20, 2018, 11:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8076
Once Villar gets the full time nod at 2B, I think we are fine there. It appears that CC is finally coming around.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#76

Posted: May 20, 2018, 11:20 AM Post
Posts: 1783
I am much more concerned about Orlando Arcia than Villar, or even catcher. He really is not progressing at all at the plate, and maybe even getting worse. Not saying throw him to the wolves, but i'm at a solid 7 on the concern scale right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#77

Posted: May 20, 2018, 11:41 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8076
superfly said:
I am much more concerned about Orlando Arcia than Villar, or even catcher. He really is not progressing at all at the plate, and maybe even getting worse. Not saying throw him to the wolves, but i'm at a solid 7 on the concern scale right now.


100% agree on this.

Yes, he is young.

Yes, he is typicallya whiz with the glove.

It just feels like he should be progressing with the bat, but isn't. He was hitting .209 yesterday or the day before. We can't have a guy hitting .200 in the daliy line-up forever.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#78

Posted: May 20, 2018, 2:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5449
superfly said:
You folks realize Villar is batting 300 right?

And his OPS this year is now higher than Brian Dozier (.725 vs .705 prior to today's game).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#79

Posted: May 20, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
Posts: 8742
Orlando Arcia has found a way to consistently suck more and more every passing day. His OPS is approaching .500. Sucks Dubon got hurt. A couple more weeks and I would have given him a shot at the starting gig. This is just getting ridiculous.

At this point there should be no concern about Villar as it stands. That could change, but he is fine right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Fixing 2B/C
#80

Posted: May 20, 2018, 8:07 PM Post
Posts: 1783
LouisEly said:
superfly said:
You folks realize Villar is batting 300 right?

And his OPS this year is now higher than Brian Dozier (.725 vs .705 prior to today's game).



I don't get the arguments for Dozier. I've seen plenty of his career over here and he is a strikeout prone bat that gets hot for a couple months a season. You have to pray its for August and September and not April and May though because it carries you. The Twins likely have an outrageous valuation on him because he's their face, so i'd stay far far away.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test