LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brad Miller DFA'd

Offline  Re: Brad Miller DFA'd

Posted: June 07, 2018, 9:20 PM Post
Brew4U said:
What’s to stop us from adding Miller now and someone of significance later on?

I mean, sure, I guess you could. Easy to say that when it isn’t your money though. Waste some money on Miller and Sogard to not be on the MLB team in a month or so is kind of a waste of resources if you ask me.

If we are that desperate just go call the Marlins on Castro or the A’s on Lowrie. Just force a deal there...or just wait. Not saying I personally advocate for acquiring either of those guys, but if we are trying to improve that seems more effective than Brad Miller.

Posted: June 08, 2018, 6:08 AM Post
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Miller's contract for the rest of the year is more than Sogard's for the whole year. A claim or trade for him and they have to pay that. And also pay Sogard whether he's in Milwaukee, Colorado Springs, or the unemployment line. They're not going to take on that contract with a "eh, let's see what happens attitude".

It’s $2.8M’ish... it’s not a huge amount of money.

Brewers are 6th in the NL in attendance. There's no need to act like paupers when you are competing against a team with the resources of the Cubs. The Trop isn't the HR friendly venue that Miller Park is either. Miller in Miller Park? Seems like a nice fit.

Posted: June 08, 2018, 9:26 AM Post
I think the Brewers already have enough first basemen. The Rays don't see him as a 2B much less a SS so I hope the Brewers stay far away. Just looks like a waste of money. If the Brewers want an upgrade trade some of their minor league depth for an upgrade.

Posted: June 08, 2018, 9:46 AM Post
I agree with general consensus that Miller is not an upgrade at 2b over Villar. I'll also add in Miller's career PH slash line...as that's likely where a majority of his at bats would come. 182/234/250/484. I'm not interested in a backup that specifically struggles as a PH.

Posted: June 08, 2018, 4:38 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Brew4U said:
What’s to stop us from adding Miller now and someone of significance later on?

I mean, sure, I guess you could. Easy to say that when it isn’t your money though. Waste some money on Miller and Sogard to not be on the MLB team in a month or so is kind of a waste of resources if you ask me.

If we are that desperate just go call the Marlins on Castro or the A’s on Lowrie. Just force a deal there...or just wait. Not saying I personally advocate for acquiring either of those guys, but if we are trying to improve that seems more effective than Brad Miller.

Last winter everyone was saying we could be players in the free agent market because we had such a low payroll for the foreseeable future. Part Of the advantage of not going out and paying top dollar for free agent starting pitchers is we now have the room to do more of the small stuff.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Online  Re: Brad Miller DFA'd

Posted: June 10, 2018, 4:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brewers acquire Brad Miller in exchange for Ji-Man Choi being discussed in this thread.

Posted: June 10, 2018, 8:40 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Good call, TheJumpAround

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply