LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:32 PM Post
after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

hell of a job to get the monkey off the back so to speak!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:33 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
They didn't blow it, crickets from the chicken little crowd. Shocker. Why is it more fun for some fans to be miserable?

I'm in chicken little crowd and I acknowledged I was wrong. There ya go.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
The Cubs go away for two full months on the calendar, too - should be interesting seeing what these teams look like towards the end of the dog days of summer and right before the stretch run.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:36 PM Post
Brew4U said:
MoreTrife said:
MoreTrife said:
Sorry I don't trust Knebel at all. He'll walk at least two.

Good to be wrong.

Wrong wouldn’t be the word I’d use to describe that post.

What word? I love how everyone expects all fans to be optimists and are deeply offended by polite pessimists. There are different types of people! Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Me personally, I do it to protect my heavy emotional investment. So no need to respond to me in future.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:39 PM Post
MoreTrife said:

What word? I love how everyone expects all fans to be optimists and are deeply offended by polite pessimists. There are different types of people! Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Me personally, I do it to protect my heavy emotional investment. So no need to respond to me in future.

I get that there are different types of fandom, but I agree with the posters calling out the pessimists. It gets really, really old game after game. It is a cop out, like "Yay, I'm glad I'm wrong, go team!" No, you expected them to lose. You don't get to pass go.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:40 PM Post
bigredrobbo said:
FVBrewerFan said:
They didn't blow it, crickets from the chicken little crowd. Shocker. Why is it more fun for some fans to be miserable?

Like I said the other night, it's easy to be a pessimist. Lose and they get to gloat about how they were right. Win, and they get to see the Brewers do well. It's just a cop-out...

Aren't you doing the same thing!? [laughing]

"We won and I believed, boo on you"

Me personally, I don't gloat that we lose, I just go to bed pissed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:42 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
MoreTrife said:

I get that there are different types of fandom, but I agree with the posters calling out the pessimists. It gets really, really old game after game. It is a cop out, like "Yay, I'm glad I'm wrong, go team!" No, you expected them to lose. You don't get to pass go.

He can't enjoy the win unless he expected to win the entire time? Seems a little harsh.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:43 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Yes. Please ease off this line of discussion. Enjoy the win -- same team guys!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:43 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
MoreTrife said:

So what's the proper reaction? Ban me from forums?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:48 PM Post
If you’re going to be a pessimist, at least be an informed one. Calling that he’ll walk two, for really no reason other than wanting to be a Debbie Downer is flat out annoying. You should be able to see this... if you don’t.. yes, full ban. Either way, everyone’s had their moments around here. Lessons learned. Cheers!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:48 PM Post
MoreTrife said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
MoreTrife said:

So what's the proper reaction? Ban me from forums?

No, not at all. We're all cheering for the same team. But there is a much different tone to something like "Hard to trust Knebel here" and "Knebel is going to walk the bases loaded and we're going to lose 3-1"

I guess I don't know the answer, other than to say that yes, reading the pessimistic Negative Nellie posts does lessen my enjoyment of the game and this site. Who knows, maybe I'm the one that needs banning?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:53 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Who knows, maybe I'm the one that needs banning?

[laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:53 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
It's probably all HighHeat's fault anyway guys

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:54 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:

Oh, good, we can now make HighHeat jokes again! Lol [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]
Posted: June 13, 2018, 3:57 PM Post
TooLiveBrew said:

His source says something is a-Brewin with Santana, Peralta, and a team with a bird as a logo. That's all I can say.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 4:26 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

[laughing]

Grrr, well ... um ....

Brad Miller isn't a shortstop!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 4:38 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

[laughing]

Grrr, well ... um ....

Brad Miller isn't a shortstop!

Agree. But he’s our shortstop.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 5:13 PM Post
YelichPosse said:
after monday's game.... who here thought we would have not only won the next two but shut them out in both? not me.. lol.

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 6:01 PM Post
stalton said:
YelichPosse said:

They said on the radio that the cubs have only been shut out in back to back games once in their history and the first time on back to back days.

Wow... for how bad they were for a century lol, I would have never guessed that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 13, 2018, 6:46 PM Post
hurricanecrush said:
stalton said:
YelichPosse said:

Wow... for how bad they were for a century lol, I would have never guessed that.

Wow that’s a heck of a nugget ! That is even more exciting !

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply