LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Mets ready to clean house?

Offline  Re: Mets ready to clean house?

Posted: June 18, 2018, 9:28 PM Post
Eye Black said:
SRB said:
With Syndergaard, you'd be getting 3.5 years of a 25-year-old ace who at his best pitches as good as anyone in the world. Even factoring in his recent injury history, the cost of Syndergaard has to be staggering.

I don't think I can remember a player with more value being traded?

The closest pitcher comparable I can think of would be Chris Sale traded with three years of team control remaining.

And the Sale deal netted 4 prospects for the ChiSox including a couple top guys (Kopech & Moncada)

December 6, 2016: Traded by the Chicago White Sox to the Boston Red Sox for Luis Alexander Basabe (minors), Victor Diaz (minors), Michael Kopech (minors) and Yoan Moncada.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 9:54 AM Post
Honestly, if we could get Swarzak back for cheap, I'd gladly take him. He was a big reason for our 2nd half surge last year, and we most definitely need bullpen help.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:04 AM Post
shanedog19 said:
Honestly, if we could get Swarzak back for cheap, I'd gladly take him. He was a big reason for our 2nd half surge last year, and we most definitely need bullpen help.

I don't know about that. Right now the pen is this team's strength in my opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:11 AM Post
Eye Black said:
SRB said:
With Syndergaard, you'd be getting 3.5 years of a 25-year-old ace who at his best pitches as good as anyone in the world. Even factoring in his recent injury history, the cost of Syndergaard has to be staggering.

I don't think I can remember a player with more value being traded?

The closest pitcher comparable I can think of would be Chris Sale traded with three years of team control remaining.

Or Greinke when he was traded to the Brewers from the Royals. We had to back up the truck and unload our farm system on that one. Granted, the move got the crew to the NLCS.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:18 AM Post
JosephC said:
I'd be very interested in Asdrubal Cabrera if he could still play shortstop, which is something I don't think he can do anymore. Certainly would trust his bat way, way more than any of the middle infielders the Brewers have now.

Cabrera would be a nice pickup. There's such a huge drop off from the top 5 hitters to the bottom 4 in the Brewer order and Cabrera would fit nicely in the 6th spot. I'd be inclined to swap Villar straight up, and let him play 2B. Cabrera has yet to make an error in 28 starts at 2B.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'd buy low on Conforto.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:28 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
shanedog19 said:

I don't know about that. Right now the pen is this team's strength in my opinion.

They are and can continue to be even more so by adding to it. I want Seth Lugo and put him in that long man situation. He’s a guy that can come in and give you 2-3 innings no problem.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Mets ready to clean house?

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:52 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
shanedog19 said:

They are and can continue to be even more so by adding to it. I want Seth Lugo and put him in that long man situation. He’s a guy that can come in and give you 2-3 innings no problem.

I suspect we'll make a move for a starter, and between that and Nelson potentially coming back...I think Lugo would be redundant as we have Suter for that role.

I like the idea of bringing back Swarzak, but not adding $8.5 million of payroll in 2019. Payroll is going to be a problem next year, adding that $8.5 only makes it tougher to navigate the offseason.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 11:23 AM Post
homer said:
I'd buy low on Conforto.

I would like this as well. No clue if they would be inclined to move him or what it would take.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 11:39 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

I like the idea of bringing back Swarzak, but not adding $8.5 million of payroll in 2019.

Not saying the Brewers shouldn't look to better the bullpen, but it is basically diminishing returns as whoever you acquire becomes #4 bullpen guy.

As for Swarzak, yeah, the Brewers would not want that 2019 contract. Plus, I wouldn't want the Mets to pay some of it and then expect a better prospect either.

Just looked up Ryan Cordell and he does not have much luck. Broken clavicle after playing a little bit in April.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 30 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply