LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Would You Trade...

Offline  Would You Trade...

Posted: June 19, 2018, 9:49 PM Post
Thought this might be a fun thread if anyone has any good “proposals” that pop in their minds. They don’t have to be ones that you hope they do or that even really happen in the MLB but everyone has random thoughts here and there with players.

Mine tonight was...

Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell

Would you do it? Why, or why not?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: June 19, 2018, 9:57 PM Post
No. We're having a hard enough time scoring runs without replacing Aguilar and Thames with Bell.

Wouldn't make much sense for a team with hopes of contending.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 19, 2018, 10:22 PM Post
Thames and Aguilar is a great platoon. You don't need to have an every day player at every position.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: June 20, 2018, 6:38 AM Post
Burnes, Woodruff, Ray, Grisham, and Erceg for Realmuto and Castro

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:00 AM Post
Dadbauer said:

No. Because you’re already doing them a favor by taking Castro. It should lessen the sting.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:04 AM Post
Dadbauer said:

That’s too much upper level talent in my opinion. Not that overall the value is off, but you shouldn’t be trading 5 guys at AA and above. You could probably swap out Grisham for something else.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:08 AM Post
Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell? No way. The only positives for the Brewers in that deal are saving a roster spot since Bell is a switch hitter and saving some money.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:23 AM Post
Dadbauer said:

I don't think I would do that, but it has me thinking about Realmuto... Do people think it's possible to get Realmuto without giving up Hiura, Burnes, or Peralta?

Would something like Woodruff, Ray, and a 3rd lesser piece be enough?

Adding Realmuto could really solidify this lineup for the rest of this season and the next couple, IMO.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:27 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell? No way. The only positives for the Brewers in that deal are saving a roster spot since Bell is a switch hitter and saving some money.

My thoughts were that you’re catching a guy before he hits his prime. It wasn’t a knock on Aguilar or Thames but achieving that young controlled talent.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:34 AM Post
buckybrewer232 said:
Dadbauer said:

I don't think I would do that, but it has me thinking about Realmuto... Do people think it's possible to get Realmuto without giving up Hiura, Burnes, or Peralta?

Would something like Woodruff, Ray, and a 3rd lesser piece be enough?

Adding Realmuto could really solidify this lineup for the rest of this season and the next couple, IMO.

I don't think it's possible which is why I focused on higher-level talent quantity with Burnes as a centerpiece. I do think it's a lot, but I wouldn't blink.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:36 AM Post
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

My thoughts were that you’re catching a guy before he hits his prime. It wasn’t a knock on Aguilar or Thames but achieving that young controlled talent.

Nice idea, but we aren't in the position to be trading away important major league talent when we are in first place.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:46 AM Post
Dadbauer said:
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Nice idea, but we aren't in the position to be trading away important major league talent when we are in first place.

Yeah in no way do I think it happens or maybe even should with our current situation or heck, that the Pirates would even do it. But maybe this is how you keep extending that window.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 7:59 AM Post
Dadbauer said:

Maybe. You're getting Realmuto without having to give up (arguably) our two top prospects, Hiura and Peralta. Hard to argue with that, and Castro fills a need too.

I agree with Plush that you'd ideally like to substitute in some lower level talent for some of the AA level talent. Maybe see if you can substitute in Diplan and Lutz for Grisham and Woodruff.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 8:32 AM Post
Hiura, Arcia, Peralta, and Ray
For
de Grom

Does it all hinge on Hiura for most?
Is it even enough to get a #1 pitcher?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 9:03 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Dadbauer said:

Maybe. You're getting Realmuto without having to give up (arguably) our two top prospects, Hiura and Peralta. Hard to argue with that, and Castro fills a need too.

I agree with Plush that you'd ideally like to substitute in some lower level talent for some of the AA level talent. Maybe see if you can substitute in Diplan and Lutz for Grisham and Woodruff.

The problem is that if the Marlins aren't getting our two best, you can bet they are going to be stingy about wanting a ton of talent on the backside. Without Hiura, they rightfully will ask for a lot more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 9:24 AM Post
rickh150 said:
Hiura, Arcia, Peralta, and Ray
For
de Grom

Does it all hinge on Hiura for most?
Is it even enough to get a #1 pitcher?

If they did this deal it would be very difficult for me to hang in there as a fan. I would not trade Hiura or Peralta, let alone both of them. Especially for a pitcher.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 10:00 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Thought this might be a fun thread if anyone has any good “proposals” that pop in their minds. They don’t have to be ones that you hope they do or that even really happen in the MLB but everyone has random thoughts here and there with players.

Mine tonight was...

Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell

Would you do it? Why, or why not?

What the heck? I'll grant you that I think Bell probably is a bit better of a HR hitter than shown this year, but he's not a great defender and nothing special as a 1B hitter. I'd argue that he'd be in AAA for the Brewers.

So other than the annoyance of having to move Thames/Aguilar around a bit to bad defensive positions to get their bats in the lineup, they are way, way better than Bell.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 3:03 PM Post
Absolutely not

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 3:43 PM Post
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:

Bell is only 2 years younger than Aguilar.

They are both under team control for the same amount of time (until 2022).

Thames is 31 but has the perfect amount of control: Next year + a team option for 2020.

I've always been a skeptic of Aguilar until recently assuming that he's maybe improved his launch angle to move into being a very good MLB hitter, but I'd probably wager that Aguilar is more valauble than Bell over the next 4.5 years. He's already a better defender.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2018, 4:20 PM Post
no. I wouldnt do it

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply